Sign in to follow this  
Eep

annoying sounds

Since coming back to Wurm after ~10 months away, I've noticed some annoying sound issues. First, many walking sounds are no longer random but, instead, are the same sequence over and over. Annoying. Second, please get rid of the ducks around water. There are no visible ducks so why does it sound like they are right next to you? And it's even more annoying how they overlap. More randomized sounds!

Also, is there a way to disable specific sounds (such as the annoying ducks)?

And, a bug: in my 2x2 cottage, if I walk over the halfway point, sounds increase volume as if I'm outside.

Yes i must say that the most annoying sound in wrum for me are the duck sounds.

Its bad when you hear that loud quacking every 5 seconds , but when they start overlaping its just overkill.

I'll take a look at it and probably change it. I want to get some other additions done and in first before I get them added. So don't expect a quick fix but I will go ahead and modify them so that the ducks play very seldom.

I haven't had the overlapping duck sound that I am aware of, but I like the duck sound (though I play on low volume) trouble is everytime I hear it, I look around hoping to see a duck... and there aren't any.. I say ADD DUCKS!

Well I can't do much testing anyway since test server is down at the moment but when it does come back up I will keep the ducks in but make them a lot less frequent.

I've got to do some work on a bot/forage sound, milking, and I think I'm going to go ahead and add my masonry sound. I just need test back up before I add any of this since I need to test it and get Rolf to add some code for some of it.

Is there a way to make the shield bash make its sound on a successful bash only?

Maybe add a different sound for a miss or dodge, that or no sound at all for fail.

There is sound for misses at the moment but the shield bash sound I'll have to ask Rolf about to get it to only play on successful bashes only and use the miss sound for when it fails.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12780033/sound.combat.miss.heavy.ogg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12780033/sound.combat.miss.med.ogg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12780033/sound.combat.miss.light.ogg

There are 3 different miss sounds and one of those could be used when you fail the shield bash. Medium to me would fit best I think.

Is there a way to disable a specific sound? I really don't like the ducks...

No, considering they are all part of the same sound file. Some people don't mind the ducks and I'm willing to cut down on their frequency so they don't play as often.

lol that was in response to the original ambient sounds we had. I have in fact changed those which I said I would in my post. This issue you are talking about is new and is already fixed. I have not updated the sounds yet but you won't hear them until a live pack update is done but I have a few more sounds I want to add before I send them off.

OK, thanks! To be exact, it's sound.jar\014-Environment-Lake\sound.2.3.014.0002.001.ogg ?

sound.2.3.014.0002.001.ogg and sound.2.4.014.0002.001.ogg considering there are two channels you have to worry about. Then there are two other sounds files that overlay in the background with those. The sound system is something I had trouble with from the get go to figure out what is what but I found a lot of main reasons the sounds before overlapped a lot or you got a ton of repeating.

OK, maybe you can also reduce the hammer sound from playing so much when building/continuing a wall or building/improving a wooden fence? I notice other "continue building" actions to a boat, for example, only play the hammering sound towards the end of the action and not repeating 4 or 5 times like when building a structure wall or wooden fence.

OK, maybe you can also reduce the hammer sound from playing so much when building/continuing a wall or building/improving a wooden fence? I notice other "continue building" actions to a boat, for example, only play the hammering sound towards the end of the action and not repeating 4 or 5 times like when building a structure wall or wooden fence.

Still the annoying bug in my 2x2 cottage where the outside sounds play at full volume in half of the cottage, but at reduced volume on the other half--should be reduced volume for the ENTIRE cottage.

Also, whenever door thresholds are crossed, the door open/close lock sound plays redundantly in addition to when the door actually opens/closes; the sound should ONLY play when the door actually opens/closes.