Sign in to follow this  
Dashiva

Uservoice for voting on wurm changes

We're using uservoice to see what suggestions are the most popular from a player perspective.

Votes are returned after a feature has been implemented or rejected.

Removed the old replies as uservoice is now for client and server changes

I don't know what it would entail, but I would absolutely love to see ingame access to the uservoice forums... sort of how we can access the wiki ingame, but complete with a main page with functioning links. I think this would give the developers a much broader and more representative idea of the player base's desires.

• Like 1

I wish it would be on the wurm forum where we can vote on wurm things. Not really fond of registering at yet another new website just to voice my opinion on something where i already registered twice. (since forum and in game account have even different passwords and sign up names if i wanted. I get it, security, but still...). I do like to suggest things and discuss, but keeping it in one place would help me out alot.

• Like 8

I've never voted there on this user voice.

I don't see how making a thing away from the forums and adding another step is going to make more people who play wurm be involved.

If anything it promotes a club of people who use this thing to vote.

so -1 to user voice.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

If you are going to use it at least put links to it on the main page or at least a sticky here in the forums..If there already is one i have never seen it at least. 

Edit: Well i guess there is one and i am posting in it now, lol ( i guess that shows how observant i am when looking at the forums)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I've never voted there on this user voice.

I don't see how making a thing away from the forums and adding another step is going to make more people who play wurm be involved.

If anything it promotes a club of people who use this thing to vote.

so -1 to user voice.

I think something like Uservoice should be built-in directly into forum and replace suggestions forum - just keep "classic" forum layout, but with option to upvote or downvote first post and sort suggestions based on popularity or activity. I think this should please most users as currently most posts in suggestions are +1/-1 ones.

The uservoice has been up and running for several years now. I personally find it easier to navigate through then the sugesstions forum, and it's certainly easier to keep track of the most popular ideas. I would like to see it more widely used, and I think making more people aware of it would certainly help, but I don't think it should really replace the suggestion forums. The uservoice is generally for ideas that are a bit more refined, and the forums are used for refining said ideas.

Uservoice should be added as a feature of the forums, if not on the main page then in the Suggestions sub-forum.  This idea is very useful, but I believe would be more widely used if some steps were cut out.  Step 1:  Remove the need for people to have to be interested enough to click on this thread to find out about it, and then even more interested to actually read about it and click on the link to open the feature itself.

Cut straight to the action, and add it to the forums as a feature, not as a post within a post within a thread.  The usage of Uservoice would compound very quickly.

another place for our input to be ignored no thanks

id rather devs or  anyone in wurm ca s or even rolf to just walk around and say hey nice deed or good work you done here and strike up a conversation any human actual interaction would be much better than screaming into the darkness

• Like 1

id rather devs or  anyone in wurm ca s or even rolf to just walk around and say hey nice deed or good work you done here and strike up a conversation any human actual interaction would be much better than screaming into the darkness

http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-Loneliness

If uservoice didn't have a limit on how many post you could make or vote on ideas I would be all for it, but seeing it has a very small limit. I hate it and don't use it any more.

I have to agree with Arkonick.  With the small limit on number of votes, there's no way it can be an accurate measure of what's most popular.  There are just too many good ideas  that will never get votes they might otherwise get, which gives the illusion they're not popular.  

Also the fact that you can put all your votes on one idea.  Add alt emails to that and the results can get really skewed, not to mention discouraging people from spreading their votes out on other ideas.  Not good.

I stopped going there as well.  Once your votes are used up, there's no reason to go unless you want to look at the latest additions that you can't vote on, and we can generally see those here on the forum.

I like the beeskeeper idea, and expand idea are if we have house in wildernes (not in deed or not in settelment) the house would be guard by this bees if the owner have advances skill in beeskeeper and beehive inside the house (i see the house in wurm have window but there open, so bee would easyly come and out the house)

Or you could just take forum suggestions you consider doable and add a poll here once a month...
tbh people could easily create multiply 'accounts' and mass vote what ever. Dynamic IP's VPN's and other proxies.
And if you assume that people will not do that, you ain't been reading these forums like I have.
So many people here in <3 with pixels

Edited by AlexLong