Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Mol Rehan home server process

Wow, sometimes I wonder if I'm playing the same game as people on these forums, or even reading the same forums for that matter. Wurm is NOT centered around PvP, and Wild raiding another server would be completely imbalanced. Topdog has taken on an entire group of non-PvPers (don't recall exact number, was prolly 4-6 people) at one time and taken barely any damage while dealing them bads and severes.

Personally, I've decided I'm over the whole "OMGzorz they're convertin' ta kill mah uniquezzz!" I'd be fully willing to work with a mixed team, I think the hunt and the combat would be the most fun. Yes, it would be nice to reap some of the rewards from the uniques, but it would depend fully on the group obviously.

As Eir stated, the ore cap was never in place because of basics on Home, they can't get more than 20 ql anyway. The ore cap is in place to promote trade/travels to Wild and to make you risk a little.

@ Eir: Well, I honestly can't point you to the post, but I think I remember someone posting something from Rolf or someone else from maybe an IRC chat that saod that there would be an ore cap on MR Home. Again, not sure I can unbury the post again, so go ahead and mark this up to speculation too, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

@ Eir: Well, I honestly can't point you to the post,...

It's ok sweetie, look at the previous page, I posted where Rolf has edited the first post to include this now. ;)

It will have an ore cap. I still think that living on a home server is cuddly compared to the wild and that is why home is limited. I may remove it whenif I open home servers for raiding from wild. I think it would make the game a whole lot more interesting but it is still open for discussion. Nothing will happen until the start of September at any rate but when you decide where to settle you should be aware that I want to discuss it soon.

Enjoy the weekend!

Rolf that would be freaking awesome and is what a lot of people have been wanting for a very long time.

Edit: Whether it is or not I do remember home being pvp at one point long ago. Also read Rolf's post.

Speak for yourself. The entire reason there are 2 seperate servers is so people who don't want to PvP don't have to.

Hmm, that bit about opening up Home to PvP wasn't there when I first read it. I'd find it fun, but it would be a pretty bad move imo. I mean how many towns on Home would be so easy to walk in and drain the village because they just look pretty and have no defenses? That'd be fair. ::) And people on home generally pay for light guards because that's all they need. No fight skill (generalizing and I know it) and no defenses means you'd have two servers steamrolled and a LOT of . off customers.

Snipe edit: After talking to Corbindallis, we decided if Home is opened up to PvP, only BLers should be able to raid, as they would finally be able to set foot on a Home server, and there would finally be a reason to be BL besides martyrdom.

Honestly, I would find it fun as well. But I also know that Home was designed for people who don't want to PvP and don't need the extra excitement and danger, and that wouldn't be fair to them. If you want to PvP, then stay at Wild.

Snipe edit: After talking to Corbindallis, we decided if Home is opened up to PvP, only BLers should be able to raid, as they would finally be able to set foot on a Home server, and there would finally be a reason to be BL besides martyrdom.

Because Libila is the only god that would permit such a cruel act, dah.

Is Rolf saying the /gomolrehan command was changed again? Last I knew, it dumped you in the water west of old Darkwoods, a good 45 minutes+ from GC.

Is Rolf saying the /gomolrehan command was changed again? Last I knew, it dumped you in the water west of old Darkwoods, a good 45 minutes+ from GC.

I think it depends on where you are when you type it.  I know at least one person that teleported to GC when everyone else was appearing the the water to the NW.  Apparently he was somewhere in the middle of the east coast, maybe a little south.

So it brings you to whichever of the 2 points you are geographically closest to?

If any of the Home servers were "open to raiding" I and many others like me would quit Wurm.  We play on Home so we don't have to deal with the Wild drama, the crappy PVP/fighting system, and we don't like the stuff we spent months building to be gone because we decided to not play the game for a couple of days.

That is all.

Are you not basic waffles? I'm thinking Rolf is planning on doing another JK home server and making that pvp and you care bears can stay on newbie island to help the newbs since you love it so much.

Flame Away.

I may remove it when/if I open home servers for raiding from wild. I think it would make the game a whole lot more interesting but it is still open for discussion. Nothing will happen until the start of September at any rate but when you decide where to settle you should be aware that I want to discuss it soon.

Teh???

Opening Home servers to raiding would probably only seem fun to the "LOLOLOLZ E-Z TARGETZ" crowd on Wild. Trust me, the people on Home would not put up with suddenly being told that "Oh, btw, all of that stuff you thought was safe? At risk now."

I'd have to say that I agree with Siege in that, if the Home servers are opened to raiding at all, it should only be to BLers, and have some fairly harsh restrictions.

I still think that it is fair since this changes things dramatically. More dramatically than when Jenn gets their next home server so do not count on a kingdom change counter reset then.

Again...Teh???

You seriously think we have enough playerbase to support a second JK Home?

We barely have the playerbase to support the two servers we've got, let alone Wild and two Homes, forget three Homes.

Don't get me wrong, I love some of the changes being made recently and think you're doing a good job Rolf, but please...let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Are you not basic waffles? I'm thinking Rolf is planning on doing another JK home server and making that pvp and you care bears can stay on newbie island to help the newbs since you love it so much.

Flame Away.

I have premium until November, incidentally. I love the game, and support it as best as my means allow.

The last part of your post is almost painfully irrelevant, as whatever you "think" has no impact on the game at large whatsoever.

Flame away hurrr hurrrrrr

If any of the Home servers were "open to raiding" I and many others like me would quit Wurm.  We play on Home so we don't have to deal with the Wild drama, the crappy PVP/fighting system, and we don't like the stuff we spent months building to be gone because we decided to not play the game for a couple of days.

That is all.

How would you know the PVP/Fighting system situation since you live on home and home is a non pvp server :-\

Ps. Spar/Duel are totally different system from the latest reports from Wild.

That is all.

How would you know the PVP/Fighting system situation since you live on home and home is a non pvp server :-\

Ps. Spar/Duel are totally different system from the latest reports from Wild.

Because clearly, PVP is the only style of fighting available.

There's no such thing as PvE. It's all in your head. You have never experienced any sort of Combat whatsoever since you are on a Home server.

About the map, I believe the main factor that would dissapoint me would be if it were like home or wild in any large way.

It needs to be different, unique.

That is all.

I'm with Waffles on this .

I joined the game for the crafting , so i chose to stay on Home because i don't have to worry about PvP .

If the Home server is opened up to raiding , then i would certainly be looking for a new game to play .

Flame Away.

Funny not long ago you were on home and not long before that you were one of the ones that bashed wild now that you are in big HARD JK wild you think you can talk down to home. Wurms PvP is much of the wild community is , the fight fix broke more that it fixed. I dont blame people for wanting to stay out of it.

It would be a bad idea to let home be raided, it would kill off much of wurms already diminishing player base. If you want it to be like that rolf you may as well just make it like beta where every one is on one map.

The point of home server is to

1. Get your stats up before you go to wild. (Also to get a grip on the game)

2. Arn't in favor of PvP but love the crafting system in this game.

I liked Home because you don't have to fear to get get killed and to loose all your tools. I like Wurm because you can build, dig, craft and on Home you can just do this in peace. So don't let Home get raided please. Many people will quit Wurm I bet.

I will lock this thread now since it has become a bit too much about what happens if home servers can be visited by other kingdoms and what the roles of the different servers are or have become.

The idea is not to open up home servers for free plunder. If we get it right it will be hard enough to raid that the raiders are often killed, leaving lots of interesting loot in their corpses. I think that that and the excitement it adds are the gains. I doubt raiders will tend to spend precious minutes breaking down walls and disrupting roads for fun.

Areas not on the front side of the map should naturally be raided less often. If those areas are well populated and have some defense against raids they should be able to thwart them. Remember that once a raider dies he is teleported to the wild server and will probably not return to the raid so it should be possible to pick them off one by one since you spawn on your own server. Towns interested in trade on the front of the server would have to start thinking about some defenses. Things like mechanisms for shooting at boats damaging them will probably come.

But sure, if we just allowed it today it would be far too easy.

We won't open a new server until the ones we have are becoming full of course. But hopefully this will happen eventually.