Sign in to follow this  
chazman17

Things Change... Things Change

Over the years I have been in Wurm so many things have gone and past, it is hard to remember what it was like when I first joined this place. I remember the days when Stealth Freedom and Scorpion Stone were alive, those were good times. Once I decided to stop playing Wurm for a month, then I came back and noticed everything has changed and even the landscape I shaped was different. Their were new houses everywhere and people I had never met, Wurm can change in a split second and it makes it hard to adapt to all the new people and changes that occur. I haven't really kept up to date on what has gone on, but I hope many good new people have come to Wurm, and that good changes have happened. On my absence I hope all the people I have met have been good and not cuased any trouble, I remember when I was once a noob, and people use to look down on me. But now I know alot of people, I have made friends and enemies but I hope that even my enemies are doing good because they also deserve good, and I hope they have learned to accept new people claiming land that has been abandoned. If anyone is reading this and specialy the people I have met please share your stories about wurm and expierences, I would gladly like to hear about the things I was involved in and hear about the stories and expeirences other have had. Thanks - Chazman :)

I remember my time on GV and although I only spent 24 hours gametime there (I went on holiday for a week and well decay on GV is fast ^_^) it was the most average 24 hours of my life!

I ran around aimlessly for 10 minutes before discovering the climb button! Oh what a miraculous moment that was :) I then wondered around aimlessly some more looking for a completely fresh place (as I was worried that I would annoy any neighbours if I built randomly), but it turns out I did have neighbours. Two of them :) One called Mrconor and the other called the Godofwurm, they were chatty fellas and they helped me grow  :P

I then went on my weeks holiday, came back, found my stuff had decayed, Godofwurm and Mrconor had left for Freedom and the new PCGamer village was established close by, so I ran, I ran all the way to Freedom, to the warm, kind Ols. Upon being abandoned on an island by Ols, I saw Mrconor talk in kchat, he had changed a lot since our brief time on GV together, it was of great shame  :'( and as for Godofwurm, I have no idea what happened to him.

All in all, my time on GV was brief and distinctly average, I'm tempted to try it again tho.

The colossus was cool tho and I heard some other GVers are planning on building another one and to them I say good luck  ;D

Very nice story :D I remember the first time I found the climb button :) I was thinking that I would conquer wurm when I first found that button :) But you should get on wurm right now Buttercup :)

Thegodofwurm was in one of my villages for awhile on freedom with his bro celtarific but they disappeared

I spent a few weeks on GV, mainly not logging in do to strange crashes. However... It was perhaps one of the most enjoyable experiences in Wurm, mainly because there were so many things to learn about the game, and digging down was completely unheard of. It was like finding a game that suddenly matched everything you looked for in a game, the one and only game I've seen so far that holds true to its "players shape the world" claim. I'm not talking about capturing cities, but making cities from the ground up. Raising walls, making tunnels, constructing roads and towers... You can take anywhere in Wurm and turn it into a fortress, an attribute other games lack.

As for my story on GV, I wondered around for a bit, unaware at first that the roads I walked on were made by players. I ran into a spider and managed to die to it, then ran from a troll and croc. Eventually I came to place known as "Bottleneck Bay", which I assume has shifted names by this point. A small village was being founded there by a few people who's names I can unfortunately not recall. One of them was Uriel, and there was another, a person from JK Home that helped me build my first mine. As I recall the last time I saw them was at EV when it was first being constructed.

I helped construct their village for a while, I knew I was destined for wild, being as seeing a cart did not mean, "Oh, people to meet," it meant, "Oh, stuff to steal,". I left for two weeks, and when I returned everything had been changed. An emerging noob shanty had been built, and the village had little left of it besides one Mol-Rehan tower, the product of the original owners labors. I said goodbye to those who remained, and I set off to Wild.

I spent a few weeks on GV, mainly not logging in do to strange crashes. However... It was perhaps one of the most enjoyable experiences in Wurm, mainly because there were so many things to learn about the game, and digging down was completely unheard of. It was like finding a game that suddenly matched everything you looked for in a game, the one and only game I've seen so far that holds true to its "players shape the world" claim. I'm not talking about capturing cities, but making cities from the ground up. Raising walls, making tunnels, constructing roads and towers... You can take anywhere in Wurm and turn it into a fortress, an attribute other games lack.

too true. hey welcome back Chazman.

I saw Mrconor talk in kchat, he had changed a lot since our brief time on GV together, it was of great shame
I THOUGHT I remembered him being a generous, friendly and polite member of wurm society at one point. I even traded floorboards to him for something (I can't remember what) back in those days. Glad to see I don't just have confused memories.

When I first came onto GV I wandered around New Dawn for a while them realised that there was a tutorial to complete, and while smelting iron at the newbie mine someone came along and said "want to form a team with me?" I decided imediatley that it would be a great help to both of us. Unfortunatley I cant remember his name :(.... So we built a house, added stone walls around it and were almost finished when someone added their own gate while we were offline. his name was MonsterMoose and he wanted to build a mountain and thought that the place we were settled was ideal and began to dig. Eventualy Zias came and informed Enki about it and sent monstermoose to prison. That was in june or july and the day before that was the last time I ever saw my partner. It was in the weeks before that when I met you Chazman, and your slave Manomow, and you started building your shop. I was offline for about 3 months and just recently came back. As all my stuff had decayed I went looking for another lakeside spot, and I saw that Lichs place had been abandoned. It was ideal and was only missing a few fences. I have taken a newbie called Scorned as my assistant and all is going well. Maybe one day I will come to Freedom and meet you again.  :)

I saw Mrconor talk in kchat, he had changed a lot since our brief time on GV together, it was of great shame
I THOUGHT I remembered him being a generous, friendly and polite member of wurm society at one point. I even traded floorboards to him for something (I can't remember what) back in those days. Glad to see I don't just have confused memories.

Wait, seriously?

MrConor actually used to be awesome? I can't believe it!

My first Wurm experience is actually happening right now. It's been 3 days and I've made myself very comfortable. I don't have my own house yet, but I'm working for Smilingcat and in exchange she takes care of me and even pays me money! It feels really good, I've already bought a 20 QL 2 Handed Sword.

I'm having so much fun, I plan to stay on GV for a long time, so if you see me, don't be afraid to say hi. lol

I plan to stay on GV for a long time, so if you see me, don't be afraid to say hi. lol

that will be difficult as in the near future, GV will be a tutorial only server (as in a more or less scripted path to teach you about Wurm) and at the end, you will be transferred to Freedom. You will however be able to do everything you currently can on GV, but bigger and better.

I plan to stay on GV for a long time, so if you see me, don't be afraid to say hi. lol

that will be difficult as in the near future, GV will be a tutorial only server (as in a more or less scripted path to teach you about Wurm) and at the end, you will be transferred to Freedom. You will however be able to do everything you currently can on GV, but bigger and better.

So what you're saying is that non-premium players will be in Freedom? I honestly can't complain.

you work for smilingcat? That means you are right nextdoor to me :D Im RustySpoon by the way

Bleah don't remind me of Scorpion Stone :(( good times, fun times, made a lot of friends i'll never ever see again