Sign in to follow this  
Dashiva

[2011-04-07] New test client 3.0.0-2832 .. 3134

I think those are two different freezes. The alt-freeze can be reproduced easily and broken easily too by pressing alt again or clicking in the window.

The other freeze will lock up the whole window and neither pressing alt or clicking in the window breaks it. I had it occur once when I restarted my steam client but could not reproduce it yet. I just blamed it on the steam client...

The other freeze will lock up the whole window and neither pressing alt or clicking in the window breaks it. I had it occur once when I restarted my steam client but could not reproduce it yet. I just blamed it on the steam client...

I'm having this all the time with the unstable client. 5-30 mins of playing and then it freezes and I have to force it to shut down...

I'm having this all the time with the unstable client. 5-30 mins of playing and then it freezes and I have to force it to shut down...

Oh my god ! I have the same problem -_-

Some issues i noticed:

- on low FPS mouse clicks sometimes don't register. My priests are on a laptop with Intel GPU and usually are below 10fps. It feels like mouse clicks that are faster than the frame render time are sometimes not recognized. (XP, Intel GPU, Windowed mode)

- in resizable mode the mouse pointer changes to the resize arrows on the window border and stays that way when moving the mouse into the client area. Moving the pointer to the title bar gets the default mouse pointer back. (Win7, Geforce 450, Resizable mode)

How many of you have COMPLETELY removed other versions of the client, then run Unstable? I have a number of people tell me that removing the gamesettings.txt solves many FPS and stability issues. ( If you remove it, client will patch a Vanilla/uptodate one to replace it )

We do not force settings changes, so if your client is extremely old, you could have invalid settings or conflicts in there.

Give it a try.

How many of you have COMPLETELY removed other versions of the client, then run Unstable? I have a number of people tell me that removing the gamesettings.txt solves many FPS and stability issues. ( If you remove it, client will patch a Vanilla/uptodate one to replace it )

We do not force settings changes, so if your client is extremely old, you could have invalid settings or conflicts in there.

Give it a try.

So out of curiosity I gave it a try and honestly things have just gone from "slightly troublesome" to totally incompatible with my current Amd 4870 Gpu.

Tested out a few different client settings and allowed the client to send data so hopefully that should be of use to you.

Now it's been a while, but I did the usual tricks , such as : Different RES , different shading and graphical options from high to low etc.

Now, changed over to computer NR 2 with an nvidia card and no problems at all. Could even crank up the visuals with the 260 and res to 1680x1050 at acceptable frame rates with all maxed at high and even higher fps with the text windows removed.

Performance wise I would say that something needs to be done with both Gpu compability and the way the game renders txt , I mean honestly when you get up to 50 or 75% fps increase by just removing text from the game then something is obviously very very wrong...

Give it a try.
Have had some pretty hefty stability issues thus far, so I'll try it and report back.

I have found I can't run anything with Wurm that does more than basic things (like a text editor or web browser.) Running something that requires Java at all makes Wurm lag horribly and the program to lock up I tried to use alongside it. I have an AMD dual core 2ghz 64bit processor and a 1 gig video card and 4 gigs of RAM, this shouldn't happen. Yes, every driver is updated.