Sign in to follow this  
Saddist

trader contracts in wurm shop

id like to be able to buy a trader contact or least have the option to buy one in the wurm shop

Better would be to put all the trader items in the shop, and get rid of traders.

Rolf said this in an interview on the subject, and I agree:

I am not a big fan of selling in-game items such as swords and potions in web shops. To me it means that the rich win the game. I do however like that we sell in game coins to those who can afford which they in turn give to the other players for items and services they produce. Then all the players gain and we get our share as well.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/06/08/frontier-psychiatry-wurm-online-interview/

I am not a big fan of selling in-game items such as swords and potions in web shops. To me it means that the rich win the game. I do however like that we sell in game coins to those who can afford which they in turn give to the other players for items and services they produce. Then all the players gain and we get our share as well.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/06/08/frontier-psychiatry-wurm-online-interview/

Relevance?

Add them direct, but don't get rid of traders. I'd actually prefer they didn't spit any money out though, rather they should remove it from the system. You shouldn't be able to sell anything to them, only buy. The cost of them should plummet, since they'd only be there to sell what they sell.

Relevance?

I'm guessing more to your post than to the OP.  Unless you also meant to add buying items with in-game silver from the shop.

Getting rid of traders and moving everything to the shop without adding purchasing with silver would restrict the more interesting items to those who are willing\able to spend real world cash on them.  At least at the moment people with lots of real world cash can buy silver then buy the items, and people who don't have lots of real world money can earn silver in the game to pay for the items.

As for the OP, sounds like a good idea to add an extra option there, adding Settlement Forms might also be useful since the shop is the first stop for people moving to premium.  Although I personally enjoyed walking up to the Samling trader to hand over my silver coins.

Relevance?

I'm guessing more to your post than to the OP.  Unless you also meant to add buying items with in-game silver from the shop.

Getting rid of traders and moving everything to the shop without adding purchasing with silver would restrict the more interesting items to those who are willing\able to spend real world cash on them.  At least at the moment people with lots of real world cash can buy silver then buy the items, and people who don't have lots of real world money can earn silver in the game to pay for the items.

As for the OP, sounds like a good idea to add an extra option there, adding Settlement Forms might also be useful since the shop is the first stop for people moving to premium.  Although I personally enjoyed walking up to the Samling trader to hand over my silver coins.

Fair point, all purchase in the shop should count as silver into the economy, including traders and deeds if they were to be there.

The relevance was mainly to your [Malaclypse's] post, but also applies to the OP, if they are brough directly from the store the silver would not go into the economy. And basically what MtheC said.

I am not sure about purchasing them in the store then the money going into the economy. (Personally I would like a complete rehash of the way wurm's economy works.)

Being able to buy all of these items from the shop may detract from people wanting to buy traders (Not completely ofcourse), having a trader for your village means somewhere were you and your villagers can purchase these items without having to go to Samling for people on Freedom, or your nearest trader. Just a thought.