Sign in to follow this  
Garah

Normal (bump) mapping

Is it possible to have normal mapping in the wurm engine? I am pretty sure that Jogl can support it, so why not? Bump mapping adds so very very much into the aesthetics of any game, and the "bumpmapping" option does nothing for me, or at least whatever it does is most definitely NOT normal mapping.

Inventor showed an example with the forge back on the old forums.

I think it's just a matter of normal mapping everything.

so it's already in the engine? Hell I'll redo all the textures, free of charge, full normal maps, and they'll look damn good, too.

Please please please please pleeeeeeeaaase?

every time I have made something for them I have never heard back and they have never used it anyway... I might make a few and ask them about it.

do it and then persist

they aren't going to object to free contributions that look nice

EDIT: except you will need to say that Mojang or w/e it is now, has full ownership over the models, because they had a problem before with that so they may be wary of donations for that reason

+1

If you have skills, and I don't mean "Beautiful Baby" skills. (parents are renound for believing they have the only attractive child on the planet)

Then yes by all means offer suggestions and give them license to use your works openly, I'm sure they would consider them seriously.

Mortimar doesn't accept outside help

many have offerred including myself

Mortimar doesn't accept outside help

many have offerred including myself

I have offered a few times now, and I believe you are right here. At least a " off we're full" reply would be nice...

Do it anyway. Then we can see how peevish and petty he is if he refuses your help.

Do it anyway. Then we can see how peevish and petty he is if he refuses your help.

yes this

I made several dozen models for wurm that I felt would greatly improve the experience of wurm such as imrpoved guard towers, spider mdoels, characters, weapons, buildings.  Which I was up until recently using to turn into a CGI movie for wurm but I've put that on hold for a while due to a burn of texturing

This would kick so much ass. With Wurm's day/night cycle featuring dynamic lighting (or rather, dynamic shadows :P), this would be exactly the kind of graphics-booster we need.

i would most definitely like to get normal mapping working in game, i believe the code was being worked on long ago

but im not sure if it was ever finished. if someone could come up with something for it i would gladly like to have a look at it. now in that picture that your talking about, it was done in a 3d engine which as far as i know its not supported like that in game.

(peevish and petty) now thats real nice. if i missed sending a reply to someone i apologize ive been very busy, and i just had a recent hard drive crash, so yeah if it makes you all feel better bring on the name calling.

now then if someone would like to submit material i would like to have a look at it, please note that if any material is accepted full ownership goes to Rolf, and you will receive full credit for your work.

Devs that dont take outside help are doomed to failure..

I promise we wont make fun of u for taking our help.

its ok to feel that other peoples work is better than urs...

bump mapping +1

There is only one working on the textures/modells that I know of, and he does it on his free time. Would be nice if he could get some company ^^

I used my shovel and dug up this topic.

What is with normal maps in wurm, that will be a lot for better graphic. :)

Edited by MrLolan