Sign in to follow this  
Shannara360

[Resolved] <An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host>

This just happened today, in fact not too long ago when I tried to log on. I tried restarting my computer but it did not help. If anything can be done I would appreciate the help, thank you.

I still got 3 Characters Logged in but unable do do anything asides from walking, closing and moving on as this looks like it's not going to be fixed any time soon.

Just adding my post to merge with this post, since this is within the same issue. Thanks for the link Lax

I hit a huge spot of lag while on Freedom just today and was waiting forever for it to stop. I ended up leaving the game to go eat dinner and figured I would just open it back up when I returned.

I came back about 15 minutes later and went to sign in. Everything went fine, until it said "Connecting to server" to which is just kept moving the . .. ... . .. ...  as if loading. After a good 2 minutes I closed it and tried again. Same thing.

I then decided to try to log into my GV alt and see if there was any luck. Instant success. Tried Freedom again, same thing.

Did the Freedom server just crash or something?

yuppers and Wild, and Unstable- keep an eye on Wurm homepage for server status updates

Home page statuses are getting flagged as up/down like the proverbial underwear -  not exactly a stable metric.

Im getting this error right now.

I found the error report on the wiki, it said..

"java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

The Wurm server closed the connection, possibly due to a reboot."

The main page says Freedom is up and running though.. Can anyone confirm this?

Freedom has been shut down, problem is being investigated. GV should work while freedom is down.

Same issue as OP... roar... :*(

it was down for a bugfix, you should be able to connect now