Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Young chompy

Zarnibuddha reported a serious bug with C.O.D that produced money, which would cause a lot of problems with the economy if it was exploited. I'll always reward such bug reports handsomely so upon his request he was given a farwalker amulet and a fearsome crocodile which he will try to tame. The crocodile will probably be a fairly tough opponent since it is very skilled. It is not a champ croc though - I can't summon special types yet.

Leave chompy alone for a week or until he's out of his pen whichever comes first.

I take it you checked he hasn't already exploited it and offloaded the money somewhere, or bought stuff with it?

Also what will happen to us if we go and kill the croc?

LOL, i read this as "young chumpy", and thought somebody named a chicken after me...  :D

I found a big (in my opinion) exploit back in the day... It was allowing me to perform any action in half of usual time.

I dont remember timers on improving items (they vary depending on your skill, tool's QL and WoA) but i remember I could push/pull/turn items in 2sec, create healing covers in half of usual time (don't remember what's usual time =P 42sec?). Everything could be done 2x faster but the skillgain was regular.

I reported it and got a generous "Thank You" from a GM (don't remember his name, it was long time ago)

Peace

And an airship so he does not need to steal boats  ::) no offence

Heh, there is nothing wrong with beign rewarded for reporting an exploit, no need to flame away Zarni... this time  :D;)

Jeez, boats need to be looked after tho. Should be concidered exploiting till fixed.

Heh, there is nothing wrong with beign rewarded for reporting an exploit, no need to flame away Zarni... this time  :D;)

Yea, you are right, sry for that (i am just still a bit sad about the thing)  ;)

I found a big (in my opinion) exploit back in the day... It was allowing me to perform any action in half of usual time.

I dont remember timers on improving items (they vary depending on your skill, tool's QL and WoA) but i remember I could push/pull/turn items in 2sec, create healing covers in half of usual time (don't remember what's usual time =P 42sec?). Everything could be done 2x faster but the skillgain was regular.

I reported it and got a generous "Thank You" from a GM (don't remember his name, it was long time ago)

Peace

24 seconds on your healing cover :)

And yes, that is important, but I do believe being able to spam infinite gold coins is a touch more important :)

I take it you checked he hasn't already exploited it and offloaded the money somewhere, or bought stuff with it?

Also what will happen to us if we go and kill the croc?

http://wild001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/economy.html

I think you would see a huge jump in the graph, if he did. :P

Iirc, that graph only covers money in banks.

i can not even politly say how i feel atm  >:(

Would you rather have a string of size 200 MR villages on heavies leading up to your door? Get over it, he reported a very important bug.

LOL - he can  ------------------------------, but report one bug & you want to make him a "god" now. - this is just hilariuos.

Anyways - I must say thanks for reporting the bug, no matter how I feel about your game playing.

(please do not accuse others of "hax" if you are not going to report it directly to a GM in /dev - Dream Master)

we did report it, someone had to take it into their own hands & they got in trouble for it - very nice.

LOL - he can use all the client side hax know to mankind, but report one bug & you want to make him a "god" now. - this is just hilariuos.

Anyways - I must say thanks for reporting the bug, no matter how I feel about your game playing.

Yeah, he's using so much haxx, that he dies quite a few times.  ::)

But I guess, regardless who would have gotten a reward for reporting such a bug, someone will always complain about it.

This thread is not about badmouthing Inventor/Zarnibuddha, refrain from further posting of such kind.

/Daz

GJ on finding that exploit!(no seriously, I mean it)

I better hope your croc  isn't called MR T, if so, i'm gonna get running.

To the people who read the above senctence, YES I realise it didn't make any sense and YES I realise that it isn't funny or whatsoever, BUT .. I'm just posting this to get my mind away from the stupid piece of shitty code that just won't work and well, that's about it

return 0;

Zarnibuddha reported a serious bug with C.O.D

Call of Duty?

This thread is not about badmouthing Inventor/Zarnibuddha, refrain from further posting of such kind.

/Daz

I don't think some of you realize just how bad of a bug this is, considering it would have been possible to spawn an infinite amount of gold coins. Just give the guy his dues.

Good job Zarni.

Can i get a ubercroc also from the money spawning bug i reported ? D:

heh, Good job for doing the right thing here, zarni ;)

Glad I could help, Rolf.

For those interested, a snap of Chompy (hehe)

chompytf8.th.jpg

Click image for full size.

I guess you really CAN get blood from a turnip.

Nice one Inventor. :D