Sign in to follow this  
Madt

Wurm using way waaay to much processing power.

Got tired of all the bugs in W7 so i reinstalled XP Pro 64-bit today, didnt expect this to happen:

16ao37a.jpg

Using two JOGL+AWT clients MINIMIZED!

This is how it's supposed to look when running two clients, both active:

xleecz.jpg

one using jogl+awt the other lwjgl, FIX IT!

After 40minutes of steady 10-30cpu useage the jogl+awt client started ###### the CPU again. (Both clients minimized here)

xatcb7.jpg

It's coming painfully obvious that something is really wrong with my GPU's, nvidias opengl driver and the latest wurm client compatibility.

Well here is mine with 2 clients running both jogl+awt. So not sure what is wrong with your system, but you have issues other than wurm. I am using windows 7 64bit. Minimized 0% usage. not even enough to register 1%.

systemf.png

Im not having any trouble with anything else except wurm.

Ran a CPU stress test for 4 hours, results were perfect, same with GPU stress test, and this started right after the latest client was released.

Would be nice to even get a guesstimate from someone in the client dev team :/

Reverting to an older forceware version stopped the CPU ######, but with this driver the cpu useage is still abit high, 50-60% with nothing else running, and not to mention the 30% performance drop in DirectX games... i can live with this for now, but please, PLEASE contact nvidia support and try to find out whats causing the problems with jogl+awt.

I already know that lwjgl will work... but i dont want ot use it cause you cant resize the game windows... which is something i need to do quite often.

So if jog+awt is removed it's going to be a major pain in the arse...

What he's trying to say is use the latest client which has many new optimizations (including window resizing for lwjgl) and see if you still have the problem with two clients running. If not it could be a problem with jogl.

if i could only get it to run...  the test client just crashes on me.

I use a not-so-old old computer here at work (Optiplex 760).  When a co-worker put Firefox on the machine a while back, I tried it, and it obliterated system performance just opening the Google basic search homepage, nevermind anything complex.

I have heard that Firefox is better about being a system performance destroyer than it used to be, but I'd suggest doing a uninstall of Firefox, and a reinstall of either something else, or verify you have the most recent Firefox version.

Not saying that Firefox is the problem, but based on my prior experience with it, it may be.

firefoxf.png

I've never had any trouble with firefox...

I can run 3 clients on max graphics, I set the frame limiter while off screen to 15 fps, which I guess doesn't matter if nothing renders when Wurm isn't focused on. It's not too horrific, although Wurm tends to experience... strange anomalous periods of processor consumption.

I mean to say that while Wurm will usually take 20% (7% or less off screen), some clients will decide that's just not cool and take 50-70%. The really hip clients decide to go the whole nine yards and reserve a good 98-100% for them selves, which results in computer lock up. Hasn't happened recently, but the strange burst in processor usage aren't uncommon.

if i could only get it to run...  the test client just crashes on me.

Be sure to post your crash logs in the client thread then to help the devs make the client stable.