Sign in to follow this  
Willow

Freedom Xmas Impalong starts 20th Dec!

I would assume that our "Minister of Holidays" will be attending, but i'll wait for her to confirm.

Her useful skills:

80+ HFC

80+ LW

70+ Carp

50+ BS

50+ SS

50+ Bow making

I will be attending the impalong. Now that I have moved into my new place irl and settled down at my new job I expect to be on Wurm more often again.  :)

updated the list of help needed if anyone is feeling like they want to lend a hand :)

Hey Willow, any chance I could get a 2x2 house in the area with 3 beds and a forge? If not, would it be ok if we made one? (on or off deed, doesn't matter to me.) Lockless, but with my group of 3 on the writ... will be a tiny crafthouse that allows visiters.

Just bringing a boatload of stuff that I don't want to go missing.  :P

I will gladly turn over the writ after the event... or pop the building and destroy the beds/forge if you would prefer that.

Or failing that, would it be ok if I plopped down an altar next to the boat... basically have the priest work from the boat while my main heads into the town to imp.

Whichever of these scenarios works best for you, let me know.

Alot of the major construction is now complete. As soon as the bsb's and storage barrels/chests are done we will need to start storing all that shiny ore that will be needed to help the imping crew. So any keen miners out there who might want to spend a day or two here at the impalong site (Festival Cove) filling the bins head on down.

We plan on trying to help out the priests that will be coming by stock piling some saccy items, donations of these items would be very much appreciated

We plan on trying to help out the priests that will be coming by stock piling some saccy items, donations of these items would be very much appreciated.

As I am totally new to sacrificing, what QL spindles would be useful?

By the way, I will be able to improve carpentry items to 50 by December without any problem, so I may be of some use at the impalong after all :).

Spindles in general, dont yield that much of favor  compared  the time needed to improve them ;)

As long as we have a good stock of good ql ore, I should be able to imp BS items to 70. Maybe higher depending.  ;D

I will start making cordage ropes for sacrifice,

but I will need someone to deliver them from Free Bears to the impalong site.

(I can't leave my horses and farm for very long).

Please have bins for 70, 60, 50, 40, 30 ql ropes made up

(below 30 ql, the cordage ropes aren't that valuable for favor)

Let me know when the bins are ready to receive the ropes.

I can also supply door locks.  They don't rot, but take more effort.

I plan on bringing my 5 batteries, all will be supplying 30+ favor to their respective priest, while my main will be supplying around 40-45.

I also plan on bringing either 2k favor or 4k. Depends on time available and readiness of gold veins to imp statuettes.

I will bring favor in this style: 80% statuettes (50ql) and door locks (30-65ql).

If anybody needs a lift I can bring someone or can have my mag bring my sailboat so I can provide more people a lift.

I will be travelling from Cliff Side west to Samling then down through the Drakenstone Canal down to Festival Cove.

- Felt

I am bringing Skender down to make shiny magic as well, he has a boat with about 2600kg of 85ql wemp and a rope tool fetish.  Should be good times.

The Impalong will start on Monday 20th December. Lasting all that week.

If anyone after that week wishes to stay around until the New Year you are all welcome to.

If anyone after that week wishes to stay around until the New Year you are all welcome to.

Are you catering? :)

Are you catering? :)

I have 85+ HFC and would be happy to cook while I am there.  :D

Is there a per player limit on how many items can be imped?

The goal of an impalong (other than developing good community camaraderie) is to get decent gear into the hands of those that normally would not be able to obtain it.  While the number of items is usually at the discretion of the individual crafters, it wouldn't last very long if everyone wanted 200 items imped to 90ql for free.  It's important to remember that the crafters present would in almost every case be selling their wares, but instead choose to donate their labor for the event. 

tl/dr; Donated skill and donated resources = don't be too greedy, and everyone will get something out of it  ;)

If I get any gems I can give them to the priests who are doing the enchants, got a few 40-60ql ones lying around somewhere.

Well, here at the impalong site we are just about ready, everything prepared, just a spot of tidying up and last minute finishing touches.

I have totally enjoyed the past few weeks spending time preparing this area - shaping and reshaping, building/tearing down and rebuilding. However none of this could ever have happened without the help of some of the most amazing wurmians. Some of you have come down and spent time dropping off items, some have mailed items and then some of you have been here as much as I have. Thank you all, youre amazing :)

For those that almost live here now, I want to give you a personal thank you! You listened to me complaining when things didnt go right, you put up with me going afk on you while you made support beams (wasnt intentional of course ;) ) and you have become my very best friends. I have never laughed as much, youre a crazy bunch, but that's why I love ya! 

Hope to see you all week commencing 20th December

Dont forget Xmas Impalong starts 20th December!  :)

Festival Cove - 31x 44y on the freedom community map.

will be sailing down both elwood and strider on the 19th i guess and probably Dewood, not sure yet :)

Can you please change the thread title to have the date, location, and event name, Willow? A lot of people don't know about it yet.

Here is what we have to offer.

Battlepants:

Imping BS things to 80 QL (1x)

Chillywilly:

Enchanting 50+ power enchants (2x)

Gurkin:

90 QL iron

The 1x and 2x are how many I intend to do per person to keep things moving. This may change though.

Is there a per player limit on how many items can be imped?

The way I see it, one item from me and move right along to the next imper. :)

From memory what happened last year was we dumped everything into labelled barrels and people pulled stuff out when they wanted to imp it, and when someone wanted their stuff back someone who had access to the house went around and pulled stuff out that was that person's. Not sure what the set out is this year, but presumably it will be similar. In the past there has been no limit on the amount of items you can get imped, but be respectful of the impers and don't dump all your crap on them.

I may hold a little quiz in kchat this year, but I'll need to see about getting some silver first :P Might be a good opportunity for some non prems to get a bit of money ;)

I *may* be able to help out with LW on the first and second days if my leather hasn't all decayed. I can imp up to 40 relatively easily and 50 with some difficulty.