Sign in to follow this  
Willow

Freedom Xmas Impalong starts 20th Dec!

Time to reveal the location - Festival Cove.

In a central position it is easily accessible from all areas of the map. Close to the cave canal, Freedom Market and Freedom Docks.

Time to reveal the location - Festival Cove.

Is that connected to that road from Akhenaten to Freedom Market, or is it only accessible by sea?

I will almost certainly attend again this year. I'll try to come a few days early to imp the looms to 80 (and one to 90 for creating rugs). I can do 90 fine carp and 95 fine carp, but my experience is that there are going to be too many items to focus on a few like that, so it is more likely I will be imping to 70 and 80.

I'll bring some fancy mallets to give away, too.

Someone should get that guy that bought the Majorminor account to bring it along to do some uber imping  ;D

Yes its connected to the Freedom Market/Arken Road.

I am also hoping to get a small coastal path made linking the area to the Freedom Docks for those that prefer to walk from the cave canal. It will take only a few minutes to walk from the impalong to go and visit Santa at Freedom Market (thats if Rolf has forwarded your Santa letters to the big guy) while your tools are being magically improved.

Awesome idea for this year's Christmas.

Let both servers, even champions attend the impalong event. But only for that day, and then they get booted back over after its over. Each server would get some wrapping paper to transfer a handful of objects over with em as gifts.

Now how fun would that be?

Before anyone starts screaming about how it could ruin the economy, its just one day. Geez

Before anyone starts screaming about how it could ruin the economy, its just one day. Geez

how can you possibly ruin the wurm economy more than it already is?

At the moment I'm able to mine ql 50+ ores, make 50+ fine carp items and carpentry items, but by the time impalong comes around, I'll be able to make weapons and maybe chain armour to the same standard, if not higher. Looking forward to this, as I could'nt make last years.

Count me in! Got 3 toons total spanning 2 actual people.

Myself:

BS (preferably) and CAS

Also, turning iron into favor locks

55 HFC (assuming noone better shows up :P)

Miner:

85 skill currently. Sounds like hes shooting for 90. I will be maintaining his pick as needed. As long as the viens are standing, we will attempt to fuel anyone who needs iron and probably turn the leftover into favor locks.

Vynora priest:

62 faith, 70ish channeling. Will be receiving 90% of my favor locks. But I will try to leave some extras for priests that are on when I am not.

Also, what is planned in the way of craft areas and sleep areas (assuming this spans multiple days?)

I am cool with my own little shack (with the alts, of course), or a giant craft house with beds and forges. Either way, requesting 3 beds and a forge (shared forge is ok too) :)

Also, when is this?

I'm bringing my ten lamps to be imped for free. :)

(well, hope anyway. Lamps may not be accepted)

Bimpity Bumpity Boo.

What sort of prep work needs to be done at the site and when?

ill be heading down to you willow on the 1th of november with Elwood and my 2 priests Dewood and Vynt , will see you then willow!

So, when is this and how long does it run?

(or anyone have any data from past imp-alongs? I'm really hoping that this will go on for a week or so.)

Also...

I'm bringing my ten lamps to be imped for free. :)

(well, hope anyway. Lamps may not be accepted)

My primary concern with lamps is the usage of iron. Assuming they have a mine open over there, iron will not be an issue. I would prefer working on more useful items (tools, ect.), but if things are going slowly, I wouldnt mind 70ing those for ya. :)

My last measurement was about 15 mins to take an item from some low QL (assuming not unfinished) to 70 QL. Might be less with the raised caps on low end imping (used to be able to do like 3-4 QL per hit, seen some cases of 10 QL imps in a single hit).

Edit: Iron lamps, I hope?

Any other material is doable, but you will need to get me the material for that. Also, with the heightened difficulty of the other materials, I may put the cap lower, just a heads up with that. :)

the first christmas impalong was held for a week or so.

(on freedom that is)

i helped to organize it back then with retardedrabbit and Ols,same with the millenium impalong

Me and Zivirt would love to help out with what we could. We dont have massive 70-90 skills in stuff but, im sure we could imp things to 50 then pass them off for the rest of you guys to imp higher, speed things up a bit.

Me and Zivirt would love to help out with what we could. We dont have massive 70-90 skills in stuff but, im sure we could imp things to 50 then pass them off for the rest of you guys to imp higher, speed things up a bit.

high quality raw materiels are rarely an issue.

in the past impalongs have tended to run from a few days prior to x-mas to a day or two after.

I will definitely be there with spellcast to do some serious imping, but I personally wont work on things like lamps. To me the impalong is a way to give players a helping hand and get them a couple of tools or weapons that they would otherwise be unable to get, its not to make thier deed brighter, and lamps do eat a ton of lump. I'll imp lanterns, 1 per person, same with anvils so dont bring 10 of them (1 anvil is ok tho)

other people might feel differently, but thats my view on the matter.

I can do 70ql carp, 50 fine carp, 60 BS, can mine 60ql ore if needed, my mining will probably be higher by the time of this though, and that's about it.

I'll be there. Only skill that would be useful is 60 blacksmithing. I should have 60 mining by then as well. *crosses fingers*

we at the impalong construction site could use a batch of 70ql+ logs to continue on improving the static wooden objects, looms, beds etc.. anyone able to deliver a batch , please do ,its highly appriciated :)

There will be leatherworking going on when its Christmas time, currently its just the construction of the site that is being done.

I would assume that our "Minister of Holidays" will be attending, but i'll wait for her to confirm.

Her useful skills:

80+ HFC

80+ LW

70+ Carp

50+ BS

50+ SS

50+ Bow making

I will be attending the impalong. Now that I have moved into my new place irl and settled down at my new job I expect to be on Wurm more often again.  :)