Sign in to follow this  
tonygreeen

Goobye to Bias

OK.  Goodbye everyone.  I am tired of the repeated bias by certain people in this game.  It is pretty obvious it happens when oracle apologizes to me several times,  bans are reversed repeatedly etc.  People delete my posts without signing them, which oracle says is against mod rules.  Nothing happens.  There is no reason for me to devote any more time when this is not going to change.  A hearty chuckle from oracle and apology isn't good enough for me to have to deal with this harassment.  Some people are allowed to post what they want and some troll me with bias and selectively apply judgments, which is ridiculous.  How about some consistency?  All when I'm trying to play a game and have fun, which I'm not anymore.  The people that know this happens do nothing,  and there is never any repercussion to anyone , therefore they feel free to do it over and over.  I wish someone had the nuts to stand up and say something but they don't.

90% of the people who hate me in this game don't even know me, yet they trash me constantly.  Call me a liar call me untrustworthy call me a troll w/e.  Anyone that has spent any time with me knows that is all lies and what kind of guy I really am.

Good luck to everyone, especially the guy who becomes the next scapegoat.

Peace out

Mark

I disagree.  I trolled, and I was banned for 30 days, and I serve all 30 days without it being lessened.

Peace out,

Drew

Though to be more serious, I think the word "troll" is overused on these forums, and everyone's definition of it differs.  Some people believe just disagreeing with another's opinion makes them a "troll" simply because they have a different opinion, and that's not really what a troll is.  A troll to me is someone who purposely griefs and or ruins the game for others for their own enjoyment.

I don't know if you're a troll, Tonygreen, but I think you do some pretty trollish acts to stir the pot.  I think people probably don't look too far into your own reports of other's "trolling" because you yourself have a history.  It's a bit like that saying the pot calling the kettle.   I don't really know what happened recently, if you were banned or suspended, but I wouldn't be surprised at either.  I think you sometimes lack a certain respect out-of-game for many other players.  This is a game.  JK are my enemy, but do I hate Norad, Gavin, Xallo, Littlebear, Nosyt?  No, they're just players in a game, and I've never been anything but nice to them out of the game.  You on the other hand have a rather poor conduct with players, and I think you need some time away from these forums.

90% of the people who hate me in this game don't even know me, yet they trash me constantly.

Tony - just don't post in these forums for a while, you'll like this game a lot better.

Don't quit tony :( Take a break like I did and its all I needed to start playing.

See you in a couple of days matey. =]

I know you, and i know you can't resist the call of Wurm.

Just waiting for some newbs to go "CAN I HAZ UR STUFFZ?

90% of the people who hate me in this game don't even know me, yet they trash me constantly.  Call me a liar call me untrustworthy call me a troll w/e.  Anyone that has spent any time with me knows that is all lies and what kind of guy I really am.

You once sold me a horse that wasn't yours. They told me you were drunk at the time.

But I don't hate you.

I think the worst part of the forum are the people that hate just because they have nothing better to do.

Less work for the GM team.

I think the worst part of the forum are the people that hate just because they have nothing better to do.

He's just not posting on the forums is all, to stop himself from getting banned potentially in game.

You cannot be banned ingame for forum bans unless you are on probation.  Zaex is walking proof of this.

Its kind of funny how hypocritical people in this forum are. So many times ive seen posted how bad trolls the MR are and yet they have been reasonbly civil and quiet lately from what ive seen. No idea why there is so much hate directed our way but it needs to stop. Its growing old and really the only reason i can see for it is the fact that we have been expanding our territory more lately and planting deeds closer to our enemies.

Personally I think there's a reason for the hate ingame to extend outside of the game.

Wurm is simply put very personal, every single thing ingame you've spent considerable time making it and even defending it and it feels injust when someone else robs you off that effort ingame by simply slicing a sword or axe across your throat.

This aggresive behaviour is saddly enough not limited to the ingame experience, but carried out on these forums, I know since I have been one of the aggressors and bullies for a good while myself, even stepping on other peoples toes (and Rolfs and Notches as well) in order to get my Agenda on track.

So, honestly I don't even doubt that there's people that have carried their aggresion or Dislike for people from the game to the forums, if this is something that has been done by moderators I honestly have no idea, but if thats the case I'd say it's certainly a big lack of proffesionalism and ethical behaviour.

But if Tonygreen really feels it's like this, I honestly believe he will be much better off without wurm, just be sure to not log inn when the urge kicks inn and you will be fine.

Some people like me seems to be able to stay away from wurm (3 years in january aprox) while other people like Ivan (sorry pal) just arent capable of keeping away from the game.

enemy

noun

Â°Someone who is hostile to, feels hatred towards, opposes the interests of, or intends injury to someone else.

Â°A hostile force or nation; a fighting member of such a force or nation.

So doesn't it make sense to hate somebody who is your enemy, if that is the very definition of the word?

I don't get it. Why even try to be civil?

enemy

noun

Â°Someone who is hostile to, feels hatred towards, opposes the interests of, or intends injury to someone else.

Â°A hostile force or nation; a fighting member of such a force or nation.

So doesn't it make sense to hate somebody who is your enemy, if that is the very definition of the word?

I don't get it. Why even try to be civil?

Its a game, i realise people like to roleplay but id rather they cut the  in the forums and address more important things in wurm besides 'mah kingdum is betar than urs'. And a 'Good fight' besides 'Joo Gate hoppin nubz'.

The drama alone is enough to scare new players away from wild.