Sign in to follow this  
Jadony

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

This is the game i lived for, for about 3 years... and i still love it now

Relate to me about your morrowind experiances fellow wurmians!

cus im kinda bored

I remember there was this one native stronghold that had been taken over by daedra, and there was this one place that always had a daedric weapon there, so I would just save it before entering and go in over and over until I got the one I wanted.

Then eventually I would get bored and play with the boots of blinding speed, or mess with the alchemy loop exploit, or make a spell with the biggest area effect possible and kill off all of Balmora, or take off my clothes and talk to people... Good times.

There's really nothing more awesome than the first time you drink a potion for 25000 agility and jump from Dagoth Ur and land in Vivec.

Or the first time you drink a potion for 25000 strength and go around one-shotting daedroths with a wooden spoon.

I havent had the pleasure of playing Morrowind.

I am however, a great Oblivion player.  :)

I remember there was this one native stronghold that had been taken over by daedra, and there was this one place that always had a daedric weapon there, so I would just save it before entering and go in over and over until I got the one I wanted.

Then eventually I would get bored and play with the boots of blinding speed, or mess with the alchemy loop exploit, or make a spell with the biggest area effect possible and kill off all of Balmora, or take off my clothes and talk to people... Good times.

There's really nothing more awesome than the first time you drink a potion for 25000 agility and jump from Dagoth Ur and land in Vivec.

Or the first time you drink a potion for 25000 strength and go around one-shotting daedroths with a wooden spoon.

That sounds like so much fun.

Going to buy this game now. Or later. Yeah probably later.

what did everyone think of this guy (the last word is a questionable statement)

180px-Fargoth.jpg

Beating him to death was pretty fun.

I'd give just about anything for Oblivion style paralyzation spells to use on him.

I was one of those people who had giant expensive destructive spells.

I always go Battlemage.

This was one of my favourite games for a long time.  I put hundreds of hours into Morrowind, and still play Oblivion too although Morrowind I still love more.

I just recently picked it up again, using some nice mods like magicka regeneration (oblivion style, of course the star sign with stunted magicka doesn't regenerate any) and a mod that gives some magicka upon level up, just like how you gain health. Those two make it really great to play a mage, much more interesting. No more using a few spells, sleeping, using some spells, sleeping, and using your melee weapon more than your spells, etc etc. I used to sleep so much in the past, it really broke the pace, but now I can keep going a lot longer and afford to spend more magicka on utility spells too. The magicka regeration also isn't so much that you don't have to mind the magicka, I've ran out of it several times in combat and then it's really down to your melee weapon to win the day (or whatever enchanted gear of mass destruction you got).

MGE is also a really nice program, you can see like half the map with that, no more only being able to see what's right in front of you view  ;D

I too lived on this game for abouts 3 years, for the simple fact it ruled. Unlike my brother who entered into morrowind, robbed every vault in the world then slaughtered all the npcs by levitating over the cities throwing maximum aoe fireballs at the ground, i actually played through the game properly, and did most of the side quests and expansions also.

I tried oblivion but i couldnt help but be disappointed that it wasnt as good as morrowind, but thats just my opinion.

I liked Oblivion almost as much as Morrowind, until I got to a high enough level that the forest became filled with minotaurs.

Talk about immersion breaking.

Morrowind was such a good game when i used to play it, i didnt even play oblivion half as long as i must have played morrowind.

sad i didnt know about that project before i went and misplaced the disc to morrowind somewhere.

I too lived on this game for abouts 3 years, for the simple fact it ruled. Unlike my brother who entered into morrowind, robbed every vault in the world then slaughtered all the npcs by levitating over the cities throwing maximum aoe fireballs at the ground, i actually played through the game properly, and did most of the side quests and expansions also.

I tried oblivion but i couldnt help but be disappointed that it wasnt as good as morrowind, but thats just my opinion.

This is in my list of "games that get mentioned and subsequently reinstalled". Like Deus Ex, Diablo 2 (and there's a new update coming to diablo 2 ready for diablo 3 so you might want to reinstall that), Dungeon Keeper 2, Dungeon Siege and that's just the D section.

I played morrowind once. Could not get past the gameplay whatsoever. I'll admit I didn't give it the best chance, but morrowind basically consisted of me trying to fight every enemy in the game and experiencing something immersion breaking. Oblivion I liked because I could actually see where I was going, and the game was pretty enough that I didn't mind getting lost instead of "So, like, I took a right down this one featureless blocky corridor, and now I'm at a T intersection, where the hell am I?" I'll agree that a lot of the problems of morrowind could be solved with mods, but if you want to be that way, so can oblivion.

I agree with the minotaur problem, but it's better than walking around a cakewalk. I sort of felt a sort of scale and a need to level up... yet at the same time I didn't need to grind to do anything well.

Why Oblivion was better than Morrowind:

418832-sheo2_super.jpg

Or cheese for no one!  That could be equally good, I suppose, if you don't like cheese.

I was one of those people who had giant expensive destructive spells.

I always go Battlemage.

Hehe yeah =D