Sign in to follow this  
tonygreeen

[Resolved][Bug 1299] Bugged Venom

Cuz Gavin,

How are you so sure that is a bug? From what I can tell there is three messages

None - 0% chance of venom killing you on that roll/tick.

I don't think you understand.

[00:13:45] Baddbob starts repairing a war arrow.

[00:13:47] Legionaire starts tending his wounds.

[00:13:47] The poison reaches your heart!

[00:13:47] You are dead.

You dont understand, that is the DEATH message not the tick message.

Anyway good luck with this fellas, nothing more for me to add.

There is nothing that says you must get the 'tick' message before you drop dead. Dropping dead is a tick in itself. This is exactly how Baldeagleog died and was told it was not a bug.

Maybe I am wrong.. Either way Rolf is able to check the code for this easily and prove us wrong or right, no need for GM's or player's to make assumptions I guess.

As this thread keeps venturing into theory, conjecture, insults, and non useful information.  It will remain locked until we get official word from Rolf to settle this issue.  This will not be automatically assumed a bug, and it will not be automatically assumed normal based on theory and hearsay, only Rolf may decide if this is intended or not.

Thank you,

Enki (Game Moderator)

Allright there was obviously a venom wound and had it been examined it would have been noticed. Now, venom was and still is a feature that gives away a bit too little information which results in a more dangerous playingfield than we want. After todays update a wound with poison should show as poison so it's getting better.

It's not a bug in that it actually worked and killed the player though. This death is (unfortunately) part of the process of improving the game just as lots and lots of other deaths and will not be reimbursed or reverted.