Sign in to follow this  
tonygreeen

[Resolved][Bug 1299] Bugged Venom

You should test that on the test server, who know it might be the case.

Xallo is testing the tick interrupting theory on testserver now. This way we can know if it was just related that legionaire hit 10min1sec before death or luck and that possibility can be excluded.

you seem to have an other point that might be interested to test though,

Mr. Bloodworth you deleted my post explaining my situation, Next time read all the posts you delete not just chain delete them because you see one argue on the beginning and one on the end.

I am still confused but is this what is being tested?

Venom would has 10 min timer

6 minutes in it has 4 minutes it has 4 minutes left before a tick.

If you get hit in the same spot that has the venom wound with a NON venom weapon it screws up the venom wound timer the tick timer goes to 14 minutes, but the actual tick comes 4 minutes later, so when the timer says you have 10 min left, it ticks - either kills (with no message) or gets worse, or it heals?

Btw, Tony just wanted me to post that he looked through the logs and there is no poison wound that corresponds to the 10 minute timer.

Some testing showed venom does not operate on a 10 minute wound tick timer as previously thought.  

Also those logs were already discussed and that point already brought up before bloodworth deleted all the productive posts.

From Tony:

[19:13:37] Red pierces you deadly hard in the stomach and damages it.

[19:13:37] Red poisons you.

19:23:38] The poison burning in your veins makes you sweat!

[19:13:57] Red pierces you deadly hard in the left thigh and hurts it.

[19:13:57] Red poisons you.

[19:23:57] The poison burning in your veins makes you sweat!

[18:28:55] Red cuts you deadly hard in the right upper arm and hurts it.

[18:28:55] Red poisons you.

[18:38:56] The poison burning in your veins makes you sweat!

[18:29:01] Red cuts you deadly hard in the right upper arm and hurts it.

[18:29:01] Red poisons you.

[18:39:02] The poison burning in your veins makes you sweat!

It is 10 min 1 sec, stop lying Norad.

Don't accuse me of lying in this thread.  I was informed of a test where the death was random, not 10 minute ticks.  Take your trash elsewhere.

Also I said the death is random, not the warning messages.

seperate from tonygreens logs, i've seen logs of maximus hitting xallo and every time the message came was 10min and 1sec difference exact on 3 times in a row.

latest tests showed 10min exact and sometimes 10min 1 sec so it can have been random. thats why it was a theory

Oh yeah, Wide was right in the sence that Death is not related to the "ticks" so the death does not have to be exactly 10min1sec or 10min from a hit so that theory can be discarted. Its not proven though that chance is bigger over time.

What does become more clear though is that there are many factors to poison and revealing everything would just give enemy knowlage they dont need to know. but if there was a bug in play the testers will have to decide.  :)

Like I said, from Tony.

As far as I've seen poison always regards a 10 minute timer. The only time it differs is when a wound is stacked. It apparently resets the timer (and stops displaying messages or something) if you're hit with a non-venom weapon after wards.

xallo has tested all that in great detail. he should have the answer when he reads this

PTO and I went through the logs for about 30 minutes earlier today and we came to the conclusion that he posted. We looked through different scenarios where poison was a factor, and in some cases, when the wound got worse because of another hit to that same spot, it reset the 10 minute timer, thus allowing him to live for another 10 minutes before getting another tick, or a chance to die.

I agree. Tony does too. He says every 10 minutes and 1 second the timer resets, you have a chance to live or a chance to die. *He also wants to mention that if you don't get the message, it's a bug.

His words:

at the ticks your wound has a chance to heal, get worse(poison reaches your blood) or kill you(posion reaches your heart)  dieing without that tick is a bug

What's odd is that when I tested it with a 90 Venom sword the past two days on test, my results were much different than experienced on Legionaire a month ago, and those that Tony experienced. Before, when Legionaire had poison, only one wound had a tick. Testing it on Test proved that every single wound has its own individual tick, every 10 minutes; THOUGH, I had one or two instances where I did not receive any kind of sweat messages, but I believe the wound got better. I believe the Test server runs a completely different code, at least for Venom, because no matter how many times I half killed myself with Venom, I never died unless the Venom wound ticked from a Bad to a Severe wound.

My conclusion: Needs more testing (different kinds of Venom wounds; ie. dark aura, black veins, etc).

lol i wrote those posts when i was drunk yesterday. glad i didnt post stupid things.

xallo is right, test server was very strange. logic indeed says "zarma:at the ticks your wound has a chance to heal, get worse(poison reaches your blood) or kill you(posion reaches your heart)  dieing without that tick is a bug"

but at the tests alot didnt make sence

I doubt the test version is different then the live server, That sounds like an excuse for you finding its bugged on test but dont want to admit it. I consistantly get the same results on both.  

All results should be reported on test, not the ones the testers choose as friend said.  How can you say testers get to decide whats a bug?  We gather the info.  Period,  you dont have the right to go on test find bugs then not report them cuz you choose not to.

It is painfully obvious venom gets the chance to tick at the 10 min mark.  In michs death not one wound coresponds within 10 min intervals of any poison wound.  Furthermore the killing blow came when the wound ticked without the timer or messages as even friend said he observed in his tests, with no tick message ever.  This whole spell is bugged to hell in more ways than one, you know it if you've spent as much time on test as you say.

You got a poison wound

You then got a normal wound in the same spot later which stacked on it and reset the 10 minute timer

You died 10 minutes 1 second later

I don't see the bug, other than wounds stacking resetting the timer if you want to call that a bug.

Michiel's death does not correspond with mechanics of poison.

Poison death;

1 Poisoned

2 10 min later; death/wound gets worse/wound get better/wound returns to normal

3 Repeat step 2 till death or wound returns to normal

Michiel's death;

1 Poisoned

2 30 min later; death

This is obviously a bug, no message or notification that you've been poisoned

Have you been on test norad?   Cuz im sure it was mentioned if you dont have RESULTS to post dont post anything.

You don't always get the message on every tick.

How are you so sure that is a bug? From what I can tell there is three outcomes.

No message - 0% chance of venom killing you on that roll/tick.

The venom makes you sweat! - chance of venom killing you, but a failed roll/tick.

r.i.p - success.