Sign in to follow this  
Kole

Freedom griefing

I'm trying to be as neutral as possible. I'm not for or against either side, both sides are equally at fault.

why is it that deed protects every activity except breeding?

- can't farm on deed (farmers protected)

- can't pick up items, except the large cart it seems (crafters protected)

- can't mine (miners protected)

- can't cut trees (lumberjacks protected)

all those won't have any problem if they forget to lock a fence, unless they allowed it in the deed permissions

but for those breeding animals, they have to lock everything to protect themselves?

that doesn't sound very fair to me

i think deeds should give the same protection to everyone and prevent animals from being killed on deed (locked or not)

How many threads do you need? I remember when Wurm used to have more players who loved Wurm for Wurm... not like now where one in two people play just to whing. Grow up, deed your land & lock the gates. I mean FFS just read the rules like all the GM's tell you to.

SIMPLE

Lock this thread for the love of go.... Wurm.

Freedom is not - despite wilders saying otherwise - The care bears online with rainbows shooting from our bellies.

This is simulated life with friendly people and jerks. You've got the tools to lock your boats, your houses, stuff in chests, to secure your cattle and pets but for the love of Fo, please do so.

I would like to take the time to remind you that this is, in the end, just a videogame, and the horses that you are losing aren't real.

Everybody shut up, all of your posts are useless and have not been read because its a waste of time.

I have the solution.

Remove fence bashing and catapults.

Woah, don't thank me, problem solved.

Everybody shut up, all of your posts are useless and have not been read because its a waste of time.

I have the solution.

Remove fence bashing and catapults.

Woah, don't thank me, problem solved.

blah, blah blah

...from someone else, a PA, that's in the same village as the bro's, great advise. Not interested in your opinion either.

...tell me who you hang with and I'll tell you who you are....

Ok guys first off you should not be making MONTHS of hard work without Deeding the land properly.

This doesnt mean a 5 deed with 75 Perimeter.

This means you get the deed you need to cover your works.

Forget about all the he did... she said... they were...

Plain and Simple truth of the matter is if you build off deed any house it tells you a WARNING!

You know the rules If you choose to ignore them and build off deed then you can be subject to part of the game play.

That's why there are deeds in the first place.

Yes it sucks when some bonehead gets an idea to go around messing up things or killing things.

But there is a WARNING when you build off Deed.

Having a police force of GM's to enforce what is or isn't griefing according to how this player or that player feels will not work.

If they changed the rules so that no fences could be destroyed guess what would happen??

New rules about how much wall or where you could put walls would happen.

Just look at what happens on GV where no one can touch anything.

Yep they would use those and walk the line of maybe I did or maybe I didn't grief.

Anyhow The rules are the rules as far as gameplay goes.

If you restrict gameplay with too many rules then it wont be Freedom either.

Part of Freedom is being able to build / bash walls, plant / cut trees, breed / kill animals, etc..

Anyhow Locking you're stuff off deed will not help much since walls can be destroyed very easily.

Basically If you want to be protected Deed your property and Keep all gates locked.

There are settings to allow a person to pass through gates on deed that are locked.

Ok guys first off you should not be making MONTHS of hard work without Deeding the land properly.

... Off Topic Rant

Deed it so that Rolf can make even more money.

There's a fine line between freedom and anarchy it seems. Maybe the server could use a name change.

In "wild" there's at least the power of players keeping things in check by force in kingdoms internaly, not much hope for such thing in Freedom.

... Off Topic Rant

Who are these 'you guys' making months of work off deed? The only person i have seen mentions anything related to loosing months of hard work is Heart and it was ON DEED.

Why don't you read all the relevant posts before you post, as it would avoid you making these kinds of ignorant remarks.

Edit: I'm really tired of seeing these posts of people on their high horses having a lack of reading comprehension.

Clearly you have been missing the whole context, just using this thread for another ramble about small deeds with large perimeters aimed at Gumbo.

This thread started because of months of hard work being destroyed ON A DEED!

Learn to read before you post, kthxbai!

Yes these posts do start with what ever they start with, but they end up the same BS discussion about gameplay being griefing and punishing people for doing things off deed.

It is possible that I read through a few of these posts/threads and mixed them up, but its still the same deal someone trying to say someone else should be punished for a game action allowed by the game.

You cannot do that.

You have to disable the action completely and if they find an exploit around it then yes you could punish them.

Other than that its all in the DEVS  hands and they would be the ones responsible for the horses being allowed to be lead off deed and killed.

If I remember they had a problem with people losing their animals on someone else deed while traveling through.

SO they allowed you to go unlawful and re lead your animal.

How ever this change or function was put into the game if you change it so you cannot re lead your animal when on someone else's deed then you would have complaints about people losing animal's that way.

The Solution perhaps is to have an option to allow selected friends or named person, just like houses / mine doors, to pass through a gate.

Sacrifice 1 decent player to keep 3 griefers paying?

Well its sacrificing 3 (me, bf, and alt) to keep 3 griefers, technically.

Shiro doesn't like playing without me.  :)

After all that's been said (in both threads) some ideas stick out:

-while not all incidents can fall under "griefing" in the rules, i believe the current one can, since the griefers publicly admitted what they did.

-it was the victims fault, for not locking up whatever there was to lock up, so they dont deserve any kind of compensation.

- question. this is the Freedom server, where such things shouldnt happen at all. it is the policed server, but the police didnt actually punish anyone, even though griefing is forbidden by the rules. do the griefers deserve punishment, and if so, what sort of punishment. let's not forget they publicly acknowledged the deed and/but at least one seems to be ready to do whatever he can do to repay the mistake.

Do we need to bring back the reputation system and have griefers teleported to Hots again? Would they have lost rep from killing those animals? They certainly lost RL rep...

Someone just lock this thread already, as it's clear it will go nowhere since some people can't be bothered to stay on topic or know what the hell they are talking about.

All this is why I'm done trying to tell you the truth. Mostly everyone here only sees what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe.

And before you see what you want to see here, I made it quite obvious that both sides are at fault

All this is why I'm done trying to tell you the truth. Mostly everyone here only sees what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe.

And before you see what you want to see here, I made it quite obvious that both sides are at fault

And a lot of us, (othob's excellent post) have retorted that the victims penance for the mistake was loss of livestock/invested time but the griefer on the otherside receives no such loss.

Go back to the old deed system, I noticed that there were none of these threads then.