Sign in to follow this  
Dannyiron

Cow, Bull & General traits

I believe this should work closer to real life.

Among cows, a "lots of milk" trait. To tie in with alot of other recent suggestions, you can then breed cows to give lots of milk, hence not needing lots of cows.

Among both genders, a "very muscly(?)" trait. This means much more meat is obtained when the animal is slaughtered & butchered.

Among all animal females, perhaps a trait that speeds up the delivery of new babies? (takes one or two numbers off delivery time?)

Etc.

I believe this should work closer to real life.

Among all animal females, perhaps a trait that speeds up the delivery of new babies? (takes one or two numbers off delivery time?)

Old saying: "A cow and a countess both take 9 months".  You can't hurry it, and if you do, bad things often happen.  Early births mean lots of negatives, if you're lucky. 

I'd prefer pregnancy times to be more set, not more random (they don't need to be 9 game months, but the variation in time should be less than 5 or 10%.  So 9-10 units, not 7-12.)

It's a game, dude, why do you have to try to interject the harsh realities of real life into everything?

I don't actually care either way, but a post that started with "closer to real life" and then suggested more random pregnancy times made me laugh out loud.  Sorry, Danny.  While my sister-in-law was ready to have her baby at 7 months, it wasn't possible.  :)

I'm liking the milk trait idea and the bull one too :] but yea if only births can be more precise/fixed.