Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

What's up and intentions for Golden Valley

I have given Enki the mission of creating a new tutorial on Golden Valley.

The form it will have is a track where you move through various delimited areas, learning something new about the game in each one. The exact design and solution is up to Enki and those whom he chooses to help out.

It can also be improved and changed in-game without my need to code things so it can be constantly tweaked and improved.

For this we will need to reserve space on Golden Valley. We will have to evict any inhabitants in and restructure the area we choose for this.

I am currently working on a mobile payments solution with Allopass and hope to get it to work next week.

After that I plan to look at making deeds non-square since this will motivate people to deed more on the freedom server.

This is important, since the intention is to let non-premiums play on the freedom server in a near future. Most of the anti-griefing functionality is in place now.

There will be and already has been a lot of discussions about this but the current situation is pretty bad for various reasons. In the end this will be good for the game.

The alternative is to open a new server parallell to freedom and it may happen if there is a large influx of players and money before the decision is made.

The reasons to use the existing freedom server is partly financial and partly because it is already fairly empty and we shouldn't spread out the playerbase more. We will be opening the Epic server probably soon after the summer vacation which may mean even more spread.

What happens to existing players on Golden Valley remains to be decided. It depends partly on how well we can protect the new tutorial area.

Have a great Midsummer everyone! Here in Sweden this is one of the largest holidays and celebrations with sill and nubbe.

Cheers!