Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sarstan

It's Time to Pass DV On

Alright guys, not sure if many of you have heard about Dark Valley, but put simply it's an established village that recently got nearly deserted.  I've gotten tired of handling all the walls and crops and animals on my own for the last couple of weeks, so I've decided it's time to admit I'm in over my head and let a group of people enjoy the place and make it really work out.  I really like to pass this onto a group of players that know how to handle the issues involved in a village.

So with that, let's give some highlights.

First off, there's all sorts of ore nearby if not in the two mines inside and just at the door of DV.  That includes iron, silver, gold, tin, lead, zinc, and copper.  There's a walled in farm that's 7X11.  The current village itself is all walled in with a separate section that overlooks the village and has a built and partially build house on top.  There's a smith, granary, storage, working well, and in total, 6 houses (two of which I don't have writ for, but one of those is held by a new village member).  A high ql forge and over are made inside and there's well organized storage.  I'm not going to strip the place either, so there's quite a few supplies to work with.

This also is including my baby, the project I wanted so badly to get done in GV, but now am getting too sidetracked:  A 23X28 section that is walled in with tall stone walls.  At time of this writing, the wall is over 75% done and I'm continuing to work on it until it's either done or someone wants to take it off my hands (and even then I'll probably help finish it).

There's carts, several cattle, a horse, and really everything you'd expect in an established area.  If you'd like to discuss it further, I'm best gotten held of in game, but you can try posting here on the forum too.  This is totally free.  I just need someone to take it off my hands so I can rest easier.  I'll be checking it quite a bit for this.  Also, a few pictures.

The wall.

tallstone1.jpg

More wall.

tallstone2.jpg

The overlook.

overlook.jpg

The farm.

farm.jpg

your trying to sell a settlement on GV?

This most likely won't work.  :(

Not selling.  Giving away.  I'm done with GV and plan on moving to premium, but I don't like the idea of leaving this perfectly good village and letting it all decay.

As much as it hurts, you have to let it go, this server is purposely meant to have decay rate beyond you're maintenance especially for stuff like this. It will go in vain regardless of what you do or who you give it too.  :-\

i will take it i have tried building a village multiple times but ether A the spot i chose isnt good for building or for the one sucsessful one the whole population left for other villages or prem since the land is already proven as good to build on i just hope that a population can be found for it

It's less about it decaying and more about all these buildings and the area being uninhabitable if I run off with the writs until it all decays.

And blvv, it's all yours if you can message me on Wurm.  I'm on right now and will be for about an hour or so.

You can destroy a building you hold the writ to. Just click on your writ manage it and an option to destroy the building will appear, unless GV doesn't have that which i dont see why not.

You can destroy a building you hold the writ to. Just click on your writ manage it and an option to destroy the building will appear, unless GV doesn't have that which i dont see why not.

It does.

Well, I let a neighbor more or less raid the place and handed him all the writs/keys.  I'm sure if anyone wants to take over the area, he wouldn't mind passing 'em back if he hasn't destroyed the buildings already.  Still, the walls stand and only about 20 sections are left to be done.  Thanks for the interest everyone and I hope some day I can come back and find what's been terraformed and walled is still up and used.

Probably not, though, lol.

Out of curiosity, what was the large walled area going to be?

probably to lure in the PA's and lock them up in there as a petting zoo :P

Wow!  I haven't had time to play my GV character, Crud in the last two weeks but we went from a thriving village to NOTHING in such a short time?  That's got to be a record.  What happened?  I wonder how much it'll surprise the new owners next time I log in.  :)

Looks like a good area.

I'd help out if you'd have me. (IGN: Viscen)

Wow, lots of support to help out.  I'm already in Freedom now actually.  Anyway, the walled in section was planned to be a large village area.  I had multiple levels partially terraformed (if you go by, you'll be able to see them).  Ultimately I just wanted an area that people could pass by and go "wow".  So now I'm gone from it and there's little I can do other than start a second character which I have even less time for now.  I'd love to hear of someone taking over that area and doing wonders with it.  Supposing anyone does, the northwest corner walls are the lowest ql and first ones I build, so they've got the most damage.  Yesterday they were at 20.  If anyone wants to take over what is left and needs writs, keys, whatever, I passed them to Fireflyb who's to the east of the area near the bay.  Ask him for what's needed and I'm sure he'll give it away.

Thanks for all the support about this everyone.  It makes me really happy that even though I never finished it, DV still has a lot of interest.

And Crud, sorry about it all.  Everyone else left the game for another and I finally decided trying to maintain all the walls, animals, food supply, farm, and then work on my project was just becoming a huge annoyance for me.  I hope you can move onto something nice for yourself.

I'd love to move in, just wondering where exactly the village is. I've been playing for about 2 days RL time and have been staying up late hours playing. It's really good!

anyways, the one problem I'm having is that I don't want to leave the area I'm in because of the people I met there, but the village seems like quite a good opportunity, especially with the silver and stuff! Would love to help build your wall too, at least, until I get my skill up.

I might create another account and bring him over to the village to help.

Make your way up to Glitterdale, then head east toward the mountain.  There should be a tunnel called "Valley Forge Tunnel".  Go into that.  When you pop out a good ways through, make a left (north) up the three wide road and you can't miss it from there.

Also, Fireflyb has left GV as well, so there's two unlocked palisade gates in front and a mine door that is locked.  Just have to wait for it all to rot or mine into it.  I had plans of the palisades unlocked so anyone could enter and have a little courtyard fenced off with guardhouses inside.  That in mind, you can still follow that path if you like with the area.  If not, you could always fence in a platform to yourself and enjoy that.  For anyone who settles in there, I hope you enjoy it.  I know I had a blast terraforming what I had and putting up those walls.

If you ever get bored of Freedom, join Wild :) I'll take you in whenever you call!

Yeah as Sarstan said, I am in charge of the place atm.  I just moved my character to Freedom, however i'm leaving behind my alt, Fireflyc, to keep the writs, keys, etc.  Be noted that not all doors open, and a person named Snoman may still be using his house in the complex, however he was planning to move out last time I talked to him.

If you are interested, I will try to keep my alt on so as to be alerted if someone stops by, etc.

Thank you, and send me a PM if you need to talk.

Just so you know Fireflyb - if you mean a PM as in forum PM, you need 5 posts in order to use that function.