Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wild going prem only on friday earliest

The wild server may go premium only on friday. I think most of you have had enough time to move or reorganize now and I think that it is time to move on. We'll see if it is friday or next week some time but be ready for it on friday please.

Cheers,

Rolf

um hots should get one extra convert coz there is some perma hots nonprem player think...

i would assume that nonprem players in wild will be sent to newtown like has been done in the past

i would assume that nonprem players in wild will be sent to newtown like has been done in the past

Not as far as I know. I believe Rolf highlighted that any non premium in any kingdom on the Wild Server will be unable to log in or get teleported to Newtown as they have in the past.

What will happen to prem players that run out of money on wild? & will it be different for different kingdoms?

No players regardless of kingdom on the wild server will be able to log on until they purchase premium. I don't see the problem with this, since it is the same in a lot of other games.

The free to play functionality is to a large portion a trial period in Wurm and it is endless because time limited trials are annoying for a couple of reasons.

There are other political and moral reasons for having and endless free to play functionality as well but they don't bite on the frequent PvP situations that occur on the wild server.

I do not want teleportation to a home server in case you log on when the premium runs out. It is weird and possibly abusable. You have to stand by your decision to play on a premium only server.

Whats going to happen to non-prem Champs since they cant go back to homeserver?

Stuck on wild, or start paying.

Non-prem champ? Isn't that a paradox?

Woop, i'll start our boat now and hope it's done by then!

Edit: I thought you were planning on compensating peoples deeds? How would you do that if you make wild prem first?

I need to go annoy as many BLers as I can before Friday.

I was wondering the same thing about compensation on deeds. Will it happen the middle of the week or on friday. Thanks for any info rolf.

My champ isn't premium anymore.

I was wondering the same thing about compensation on deeds. Will it happen the middle of the week or on friday. Thanks for any info rolf.

me too...

It was mentioned that the deeds would work similar to what they did with the coming of the MR... Is this going to be implemented for a period of time prior to the server going prem only so you can recoup your losses without having to prem the deed holder? or will someone have to leave the village that is prem to hold it till that day comes?

I asked Rolf last night in IRC, he said that the refund for deeds like when MR was introduced will happen when MR Home is introduced (not when wild goes prem)

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=2774.0

Will there be any deed compensations like when MR was added?

Yes, when the wild server goes premium. Possibly when the new MR home server is added as well but that is undecided.

Tell Rolf thanks for nothing. Quite a few people were waiting on that because it was when we were going to disband and make the move to wild. This was something we all thought was coming and now it isn't and now he's saying opposite of what he was going to do back in may.

Thanks a lot.  >:(

Edit: So what happened since last month?

I stopped attempting to fathom the mind of swedes long ago.

well I'm just the type of person to do what I say I'm going to do. If I tell you I will be over to help you out with a problem your having or need a hand working on a project you have IRL I'll promise you I will help and be there at the time and place I told you I would. I just hate being told one thing and hearing another when it's not a hard thing to keep promises that you have made. This would of been a very simple thing he could of done as he said he was going to do it. It's not like I'm asking for something other than what he promised and posted saying he was going to do, I'm simply asking him to do what he said he was going to. Nothing new has to be added like models or 500k line of code to make this work.

My champ isn't premium anymore.

I am in the same boat as Starving. (Hmmm FO and Magranon stuck on the same boat together...What would we talk about?)

I am waiting around for the religion rework.

I'm confused as well, when did it change so that the deed reimbursements were not happening when Wild went premium only? Many people were making plans based on this happening, and this is throwing off a lot of schedules (not talking about me in particular, but I know of moves planned by JK, MR, and Home people).

I'm confused as well, when did it change so that the deed reimbursements were not happening when Wild went premium only? Many people were making plans based on this happening, and this is throwing off a lot of schedules (not talking about me in particular, but I know of moves planned by JK, MR, and Home people).

My point exactly.

I know, I was simply supporting it. I'm actually a little miffed as I had helped people plan some of these moves based on the information that reimbursements would come with Wild going premium only, and now it apparently isn't happening. Don't I just look like a now?

I know, I was simply supporting it. I'm actually a little miffed as I had helped people plan some of these moves based on the information that reimbursements would come with Wild going premium only, and now it apparently isn't happening. Don't I just look like a now?

Don't worry Siege, I still love you  :'(

And I agree, this is quite maddening. I'm not at all afraid to say now that I had as many as 10 people or so on Home lined up to move to Wild when the deed compensations were put into place, with another 8 or so already there and waiting for us. Due to this change everyone's gonna have to wait even longer, and this move has already been in the works for months.  >:(

well... Where I'm from your word means quite a bit. Not only to others but to yourself as a man.  If you were to go around going back on what you have said earlier with no sign of sympathy for those who you  told it to, that is flat out disrespect and in no way should be taken lightly.  Rolf may have a good reason for this change in action and I have no reason to argue with that all, but it would make it better to explain things.  And next time try even harder to keep what you say true.  It would mean a lot to me and I am sure others would appreciate your dedication to your word.

Rolf doesn't care, you sillies.

And he doesn't have to explain anything because you'll all have forgotten it within a few weeks.

I guess... some people are just that way and never will change no matter how many people they upset.

The worst part is that he'll probably never even know or think that he compromised his own words.