Sign in to follow this  
Guest Helluva

How do Tracking.

Tracking.

Pretty crap skill, but it makes me feel cool.

I was wondering if anyone knew the specifics of what happened when you hit 10 skill, 20 skill etc?

What does skill level actually change when Tracking.

Any ease ways to track?

Thanks

Higher skill decreases the chance of failing to find tracks. Like with water divination, you're not told when you fail, it just looks like there are no tracks there.

Also, I'm not sure if you can find more tracks at higher skills - can't remember. That could just be something my mind has made up...

Tracking skill decreases the timer to do the action (~4 seconds at 90)

It also increases the frequency with which you succeed, increases the frequency with which you spotmultiple tracks on a single tile rather than just the most recent, and it might increase the age of the tacks you can see but I haven't tested that.

The progresssion is linear but there are titles, as listed on the wiki.  Get to Pathfinder (or higher) and PM me - it's lonely up here.

Also, 'easy' way to Track is to bind 'Track' to a key and walk from one tile to the next stacking up as many Track actions as your Miond Logic will let you -  only pause for breath when your stamina drops low. 

At high levels you'll want to use Climb in order to hold your stamina around 60-40% to maximise skill gain by extending your Tracking timer.  But until at least 50 just using key bind ought to make it easy as anything to raise up.

Probably that was a bit more than anyone (except me) cares to know.

Not really, Tracking can have it's uses. And the fact that few people care to skill it just makes tracking even more attractive (and useful if high level).

So thanks for the tips.

edit : Oh and yeah, it does feel cool :P.

It would certainly be nice if 90 tracking were more powerful than it is, from what I hear at least ;-)

I can't be bothered to really push mine up past 50, but I do use it regularly just out of curiousity.

90 Tracking should give some small bonus similar to becoming a Champ maybe.  Also it should be made MUCH harder to get.  I'd vote for that.

But seriously, it's not the worst skill in Wurm and that's about all it has going for it.  I failed to track a wolf the other day that turned up five tiles away when I just walked around looking...

Also, 'easy' way to Track is to bind 'Track' to a key and walk from one tile to the next stacking up as many Track actions as your Miond Logic will let you -  only pause for breath when your stamina drops low. 

At high levels you'll want to use Climb in order to hold your stamina around 60-40% to maximise skill gain by extending your Tracking timer.  But until at least 50 just using key bind ought to make it easy as anything to raise up.

This stamina part, does that only apply to tracking? Or can that be used for all other skills?

I have couple questions about tracking myself.

1) Can you ever get a misleading track (like a wolf but it never crossed the 7x7 tracking area)? Or can you only find SOME of the real tracks.

2) Does tracking within the 7x7 yield different results? How about tracking over and over on a same tile? (Don't remember if it does)

3) This quote below, it only increases the frequency on the tile you're tracking on and not in a 7x7 area?

It also increases the frequency with which you succeed, increases the frequency with which you spotmultiple tracks on a single tile rather than just the most recent, and it might increase the age of the tacks you can see but I haven't tested that.

Note: A GM long ago told me that when tracking a tile, it tracks within the 3 tile radius around the tile as well, similar to Prospecting. If this is still true, I should update that on wiki.