Sign in to follow this  
Berris

Anniversary

Is 17 June (i.e one month tomorrow) the first anniversay of Freedom?  If so maybe we'll have a party...

hmmm

10% discounts when you reply with a order in my workbench thread, now only lasting till friday :P

Impalong sounds good. Maybe choose a new location though.

I think something else than an impalong would be nice for a change (it would be the third within one 12 month period). For example treasure hunts, competitions and/or other group events we can think of.

An example of a group event could be to build a huge monument for Freedom somewhere on the server.

I considered putting up some prizes to celebrate the best 'achievements' in the last year, so maybe 'Most Impressive Building Project' and 'Hardest Working New Player' but I'm not sure it'd really work.  I'd like to do SOMETHING though if I can just formulate an idea.

I'd say an impalong would be perfect every half year. You have one in June, and one in December. If Tich doesn't mind, setting it up at Rockcliff Lodge or something would be great, but that's completely up to her. The current location is kind of an off-reach for people traveling down the main highway going from Samling to the south and vice versa. Even somewhere near Freedom Market would be much better than the current location. If nobody else jumps on the idea, I'll get started in making some buildings somewhere near that area for one.

I considered putting up some prizes to celebrate the best 'achievements' in the last year, so maybe 'Most Impressive Building Project' and 'Hardest Working New Player' but I'm not sure it'd really work.  I'd like to do SOMETHING though if I can just formulate an idea.

Can there be a prize for "Most Accident Prone?"

I'm a shoe in.

I'd say an impalong would be perfect every half year. You have one in June, and one in December. If Tich doesn't mind, setting it up at Rockcliff Lodge or something would be great, but that's completely up to her. The current location is kind of an off-reach for people traveling down the main highway going from Samling to the south and vice versa. Even somewhere near Freedom Market would be much better than the current location. If nobody else jumps on the idea, I'll get started in making some buildings somewhere near that area for one.

true, 2 a year sounds perfect, but another one in june would make it 3 in the last year, not 2, which is why I think something else might make for a refreshing change  :)

tripple colosi  on a platform raised from the ocean.

impalong would be awesome, only reason theres 3 this yr is because we had one for the millenium...

after this thered be one in june and one in december.

Do it somewhere that has convenient road access to Samling or possibly a road project to the impalong could be done.

I know Halcyon has been improving their road access, and they're right next to Impalong.

Is there even any proper connection between the Samling/East road grid and the southwest yet?

Is there even any proper connection between the Samling/East road grid and the southwest yet?

For the most part, yes, though you do have to swim across at some points from Samling to FM until the roads are finished. There's a road South of Freedom Market that goes through a mountain, passes by Shroud of the Fallen, and goes through Akhenaten, Solace, Tuscany, and PE area on the SW.

For the most part, yes, though you do have to swim across at some points from Samling to FM until the roads are finished. ..

So that's a no then ;)

Gonna be interesting once it happens though!

I say we party like its 1997! \o/

The area between Lonestar and Mystic valley, Little harbour and Arbrah seems to be the most annoying to transverse going from north to south.

However since joining the server I have noted improvements in the network, it is now possible to ride from Collosus lake to Solace on horseback in about 2 hours. Samling to the impalong would probably take an hour.

The anniversary day is close at hand. 

I shall be doing some sort of competition, possibly along the lines of a free raffle/treasure hunt with some enchanted stuff and bits and bobs as prizes.  I might chuck in a big prize if the mood takes me (small magic chest or a deed or similar)  I'll post details nearer the time. 

Also, isn't TODAY the fourth anniversary of gold?