Sign in to follow this  
Mrbloodworth

Bugged/Odd models

It's always been like this, but the model's colors don't appear in your hand. They return to their original color. So a blue shield kept in the hand will not be blue (not a problem I guess, sense you need it on your arm).

This would make sense. Sadly, its not a model error ether.

Thanks for pointing this stuff out though!

Wooden fence gates next to stone walls seems to be oddly bugged.

When closed they retain a Stonewall appearance, when opened they become fully wood but clearly not as intended.

Before Open: http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3978/wfg1.jpg

After Open: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4817/wfg2.jpg

Edit: Also found out that the texture change only happens if you stand on the tile in which the gate swings through. Stand outside of the tile and it remains Stone wall textured.

Managed to get the gate on test server to do this repeatedly.

A few more Bugs to follow:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6237/incorrecthighlight.jpg  not sure whats happened here as the others highlight correctly. Only thing I can think of is that its been rotated from its original position.

That stuff needs to go into the test server thread. Thanks for reporting them though.

That stuff needs to go into the test server thread. Thanks for reporting them though.

Ah sorry. :/

The models technically aren't "bugged" or "odd" but I guess this is where MR. Bloodworth wants us to post the missing models.

Missing icons:

• Potion
  • Farmer Salve
  • Personal Merchant Contract
  • Animal Fat
  • Large Tackle
  • Small Tackle

Missing models:

• Potion
  • Farmer Salve
  • Lovage
  • Large Tackle
  • Small Tackle

Crappy models:

• Animal fat - It's basically a white blob.

I'll keep adding as I find them. Can we get the title changed to 'Bugged/Odd/Missing Models' so people know where to report them?

Are you sure about Lovage?  I could have sworn it had an icon, I made a couple black mushroom and lovage HC's for storage at home other day.

Please keep it in one thread. Tich maintains a spreadsheet for us that I use to pass out the work and keep track.

Unstable experimental : Hatchets seem to be missing their axeheads at the moment. (Changing the model?)

Maple trees have the pine texture when they've been felled.

Maple trees have the pine texture when they've been felled.

Yep, new felled trees are on the way. So no point in changing the temp ones now.

crop issues.

i like the crops from east and west view, but i just dont think its right for the north south view... is this on the cards to be given a bit more bulk...

also, what about different graphics for different crops, and different hues for the different grape varieties.

the grain crops are ok.... they are pretty much identical anyway.

but a taller model for corn....a small shrub for potatoes and cotton.... maybe even include a small cotton graphic on the ripe plant.

and pumpkin.... perhaps a wondering vine with visable pumpkins that can be indevidually harvested by clicking on the actual pumpkin.

oh and i can still see phantom crops when i sow new seed.

I got a ? bag for a pile of iron scraps. Didn't think to check a single one :P

Models missing their bottom polygons:

* Palisade gate (and perhaps walls but haven't verified) and iron fence/gate

* Oven, which it and the forge should have their bottom's lowered another few meters to compensate for slopes since they don't--and shouldn't--angle to the slope

* Trees, which shouldn't be plantable above cave entrances where the tree sticks through unrealistically; if exposed, the trunks should be a root system with intertwining roots instead of just a straight cylinder (the new oak model is better but looks silly on slopes since the roots don't angle)

Grooming brush (when in inventory) still has no icon (or is that model). 

I know this was reported near the start of this thread, but it remains incomplete.

Grooming brush icon is a blue line - unstable client and not using experimental packs.

*edit* So are merchant contracts, metal brushes and farmers salve.

I can confirm that Iron Fences / Gates are still missing their bottom polygons. If looking from below up a slope you can see right through to the things behind them. Looks quite odd.

The ornate fountain does not have a bottom when viewed from below

Yeah, should really redo fountains now that we have some decent particle effects.

So uhh... Would Wurm die if we had animations, or is there some hope?