Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

New tool - level

May I suggest an even simpler way to detect the degree of slope or the angles of a floor tiles in mines. Why not use the * PLOMKISS * method and just use Prospecting skill and a pickaxe as you currently use Digging skill and a shovel to find the dirts steep or Farming skill and a Rake to find out when farm tiles will be ready to harvest. With 20 Prospecting you can detect 10 degrees of angle, 40 Prospecting - 20 degrees and at 60 Prospecting all degrees of angle.

Unless of course you want to add another tool to the game, which is fine by me, but make it the builders square/level combo and make it a fine carpentry

skill made tool. Please make it inaccurate at lower Ql's by like 5 degrees or 5 mines down and make it more accurate the higher the QL of the tool. Or make it's accuracy based on a sliding scale that combines the QL of tool, plus the mining skill of the miner using it.

I would say any Prime Minester (70Skill) should know enough at that skill level to at least guesstimate the amount of Mines Down (NOT DIGS DOWN A TILE) on a tile. I do agree a tool would be useful for simplifying the process of making slopes in mines or even repairing someone elses mining mishaps, but lets not simplify the game to much or negate the vast amount of time spent by those Miners to gain their knowledge and their higher skill levels.

Honestly Winter, I'd go for anything, even a client side examine option.

Agreed Farmerbob. would be nice, but I am still waiting fo rthe friends list to be alphabetized for the 6th year now...lol

Critically needed tool or ability not yet implemented.

Bump

Critically needed tool or ability not yet implemented.

Bump

Rebump

I do not believe this even needs serverside intervention to allow us to see slopes.  If a new tool is required, then yes, but if we can simply hold a mining pick and see level data with an examine that would be enough.  The slopes are already in the client data.

A way to tell slopes inside of mines would be kind of nice yeah.

I love the new ability to destroy furniture, forges, and ovens.  Helped clean things up a bit.

Perhaps the ability to actually measure slope on mine floors might be implemented soon?

I love the new ability to destroy furniture, forges, and ovens.  Helped clean things up a bit.

Perhaps the ability to actually measure slope on mine floors might be implemented soon?

Lol, because they're directly connected aren't they! :D

Still need something for this though :)

Lol, because they're directly connected aren't they! :D

Still need something for this though :)

Bumpity-bump-bump.

It is terribly strange that we have no ability to measure slopes in mines that are already used for movement speed calculations.

OOPS - Fixed

[...]

It is terribly strange that we have no ability to measure slopes that are already used for movement speed calculations.

Like hell we do... if you have at least 10 (or was it 20 minimum) skill in digging, activate a shovel, and mouse over a border or tile, if a tile is flat it shows it is, also shows border steepness. The more skill you have the farther you can check without moving.

Sounds like we should make tile borders like we have on surface? And instead of shovel for enhanced information, using a pickaxe on those tile borders...

Sounds like we should make tile borders like we have on surface? And instead of shovel for enhanced information, using a pickaxe on those tile borders...

Don't need borders, you can give 4 data sets and if people don't have a compass then they need to get one or use their token compass and remember directions

Example:

Right click tile with pick equipped and choose option mining -> measure slope

-SE -> +NE = 20  (This tells you the slope is from low point SE to high point NE with grade 20)

NE -> NW = 0

+NW -> -SW = 20 (This tells you the slope is from high point NW to low point SW with grade 20)

SW -> SE = 0

Yes it's 4 lines of data, but thats the crudest possible implementation that would be useful.  It might be better to have a popup box with the tile pictured and slopes labeled, but that would take longer to implement, I'm fairly sure.

Please make it inaccurate at lower Ql's by like 5 degrees or 5 mines down and make it more accurate the higher the QL of the tool.

As long as it is flawless detection at around 30ql i wont mind. Shouldn't force miners to become carpenters just to make a flat cave.

ooh and add in one more thing. When a cave floor tile is flat it should have less bumps on it and look more refined. I'm tired of all these floor bumps making my cave homes look like it was excavated with a rusty spoon.

+1

Bumpitty bump bump.

This would make a great Christmas present if for some reason it's not implemented as it's own item.