Sign in to follow this  
Guest AmmonDeNihil

Painfully loud crickets

Bird tweet noise was supposed to be a marker of crop growth somewhere in local.  Crickets screeching noise is a marker for me wanting to tear off my headset and toss it under a truck.

Bird tweet noise was supposed to be a marker of crop growth somewhere in local.  Crickets screeching noise is a marker for me wanting to tear off my headset and toss it under a truck.

really? bird tweet is a crop growing?

yes, well a growing cycle for trees , crops, and likely other such things that grow.

really? bird tweet is a crop growing?

Yes.

Well, there doesn't even seem to be any way of adjusting the volume.  So my only choices are to have my ears routinely blasted by the cricket shrieking noise at full volume, or play wholly without sound.

A button to disable crickets would be the nice and may or may not be in the works.

More customization = more fun. Look at motorcycles!

I like the sounds too.

Maybe redo the saw, and after that, no complaints.

I find that flute that plays over and over and over and over during the day near/in the woods very anoying.

I find that flute that plays over and over and over and over during the day near/in the woods very anoying.

it doesn't occur very much for me at all. but i enjoy it.

When I'm working on the rock mass at the back of my place at the edge of the woods, that flute is about every 10-15sec when it's day.

Sounds are fine, I like 'em.

Levels and 3D effects could use some work.  I get crafting sounds from 100 tiles away that sound louder than my own.

I presume that would also be what is wrong with things like the cricket sound, as I've noticed that changing or rotating my orientation often seems to drastically affect the volume of these glitches.

I presume that would also be what is wrong with things like the cricket sound, as I've noticed that changing or rotating my orientation often seems to drastically affect the volume of these glitches.

That is because the sounds in Wurm work in stereo.

If something is to your right then the sound will be strongest from the right side of your headset or speakers or whatever if you have stereo enabled (which 90% of us have).