Sign in to follow this  
Guest AmmonDeNihil

Painfully loud crickets

At a volume level at which all other game sounds (not only in Wurm, but also in all other games) are at an agreeable level, I find that the cricket sounds, when the source is near to the player, are painfully loud.  They hurt my ears, and running away from the source does not alleviate it.  I am forced to wait until the noise stops.  Does anyone agree?

meh, should have heard old school doors

I disabled ambient sounds the day they were added to the game. :-\

i dont use sound. the wife gets annoyed if she can't be herd when she is nagging..... then the nagging really starts.

At a volume level at which all other game sounds (not only in Wurm, but also in all other games) are at an agreeable level, I find that the cricket sounds, when the source is near to the player, are painfully loud.  They hurt my ears, and running away from the source does not alleviate it.  I am forced to wait until the noise stops.  Does anyone agree?

sounds in this game are terrible in general.

thank god I turned music off.

It would be awesome if crafting and fighting sounds were two differnet enable/disable options.

I enjoy all of the sounds. :)

And you can turn them down in Settings, not like they're set in stone. :P

It would be awesome if crafting and fighting sounds were two differnet enable/disable options.

DO THIS RIGHT NOW

Have you all forgotten the file sound so quickly? :3

It sounds like someone hocking a loogie.

The person who made the saw and file sounds really needs to be shot  :-X

Seriously, is this game going to be released as first "totally silent" mmo ever! Every time I see someone giving feedback about sounds in game, this it what they get "even from developers", turn sounds of, omg doesn't you listen music instead, yeah the sounds has issues etc etc. I myself think that wurm has a great ambient sounds and MOST of the tools etc sounds really good. So I'm asking last time, is there ever or hopefully near future going to be a big fix for current sound engine or total rework of it. Or is wurm really going to be the first "nosound" mmo? ::)

Heh, sorry.

We don't have crickets.

Anyway, we know sound is a bit wonky, and I do know it will be addressed. But others things are first.

Heh, sorry.

We don't have crickets.

Anyway, we know sound is a bit wonky, and I do know it will be addressed. But others things are first.

Okay, can't wait the day when all the sounds in game work on either software or hardware enabled and not only "half" on soft and "half" on hard ;)

Heh, sorry.

We don't have crickets.

Good that this is finally being adressed since i'm too a fan of wurm sounds to an extend that i even like the sound sawing makes. File's quite horrific still but can't have anything.  ;D Too bad i can't hear em tools pounding if i want to hear rain falling as they wont work on hardware sounds and vice versa.

Is there a way to turn off the ambient sounds without turning off sound altogether?  There's an option to turn off ambient sounds in the setup, but un-checking the box doesn't actually work.

Is there a way to turn off the ambient sounds without turning off sound altogether?  There's an option to turn off ambient sounds in the setup, but un-checking the box doesn't actually work.

Some ambient sounds such as the crickets I remember being said are the sounds that signal like crop growth 'n stuff. I'm not sure why we need sounds for that though.

Bird tweet noise was supposed to be a marker of crop growth somewhere in local.  Crickets screeching noise is a marker for me wanting to tear off my headset and toss it under a truck.