Sign in to follow this  
Urman

Use for tables - relaxing and chatting

Put an option on tables inside buildings to "Relax for a while".  This is a long timer event (randomly 3 - 5 minutes).  At the end of the timer, player gets a Nutrition gain (for general quality of life / well-being).  At 1 point per 3-5 minute action it would be 12-20 points per RL hour. 

Character can move around while the timer is going.  Starting another timed task or leaving the building will stop the Relax timer.  Ideal for just sitting and relaxing and chatting with friends.

Personally i think tables should be able to have a storage part. (Basically like a chest or backpack or anything really)

That is until we can put them on top of the table physically.

Hmm... i'd say -1... for 2 reasons, A) nutrition is not about general well being, but nutrition value of what you eat. B) it could be used while you wait for your food in the overn to cook, ores to smelt and maybe a few other things. Where as smelting ores doesn't require attention, cooking does... (even though while cooking you can attend other actions).

If at all such thing would be to be implemented, then rather have it give sleep bonus (at a 2x slower ratio or even slower, and still i'd say have the SB gain turned off if the player has started cooking anything).

nutrition is not about general well being

It is supposed to be. If you have low nutrition then you may not heal as fast as if you have high nutrition etc.

I think rainbows point is that nutrition affects well being, but well being doesn't affect nutrition.

add a speed reduction when relaxing

like a max speed of 6 or 8km/h.

You could make it that sitting/relaxing slows down how fast your food/water bars decrease.  I don't agree with it raising nutrition however.

you feel rested..

Some players get caught out by fatigue (which is an anti botting mechanism?)

Maybe tables/chairs could give a bit of rested, at least it gives them a function. Admittedly its a very small proportion of hardcore peeps.

I find items with no function to be clutter, but there are those who simply like to decorate.

Kswords I think they mean relaxing as in sat down, immobile ;)

nope he said

Character can move around while the timer is going.

You could make it that sitting/relaxing slows down how fast your food/water bars decrease.  I don't agree with it raising nutrition however.