Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Simconia

The end is upon us

My name is Ivan, and I am a recovering Wurmaholic.

It has been 30 days since my prem expired.  I have stopped shaking when I sit at the computer, have stopped looking for the steel and flint before I turn on the oven, and no longer refer to my daughter as Newby.  My forge has faded, and I am no longer searching for a log.

The time has come to end this long and often laborious journey through the lands of Wurm, started in the final Beta stage.  I played on every server, in every kingdom, and at one time or another, have run across nearly every player.  I have been a CM and a PA..  once was the sole CM on JK home.  I have muted the best..  Uni, Onemind, Ruthless, Delamore, Robbie, to name a few..  fought the best (and died), have held every "killer" title including Kyclops and giant.  I played one night on Gold1 wild, where Myself(JK) and my alt Bubba (BL)  were 2 of the 6 players on. We fought for hours.

I will never forget jk chat:

<newb> "How do you change gender?"

<Jarosz>" /gofemale"

<Jarosz>" ah @#$%"

I have seen some of the best players in the game banned, witnessed the genocide of LO, stood by and watched as Wintersolstice was suicided into oblivion  (should have said something, sorry, but I knew it would get cleaned up), conquered the spider gauntlet on the way to Pupanoxx, heard the "pop" when Gold1 burned down, and was present when the first axe hit to clear the way for Silron. I fought the lava as it ate the face of a mountain. I was mayor of the longest standing vilage on JKHome (Viva la Tuscany). I witnessed the self-destruction of Unforgiven (never got to say thanks for his support), and helped nurture a couple of players as they grew from new CM to GM, insulting a  very prominent GM  when it took too long for their promotion.

I learned that life as a 20 year old in Poland is not that different than the same in US.  I had some very "interesting" conversations with a former female GM who, had I known was not really a female, would have never been had.  That, my friends, was an uncomfortable discovery.

Along the way I met some incredible people, and made some friends that, although I will probably never speak to them again, they will always be remembered. I was touched by many who would devote several hours of a Saturday to help a complete stranger half a world away because someone else had "unterraformed" their new homestead.

Top of the list:

Uzetaab:  you saved a newb and kept him in the game, and was always there when I needed help

Winter:  Mentor, enemy, and everywhere in between..  you were always Wintersolstice, regardless of what anyone thought.  keep fighting.. long live the meds

oh...  and I didn't take your efing corn.

Jarosz: we started together, and stole Malvados gold castle. Died quickly when he returned, but that place was awesome for a couple of newbs.

Eir: you took Bubba in as a newb and treated him with respect, introducing me to the dark side long ago. That was cool.

Khayman:  If you're still around, keep the legacy afloat

PTO: never really played together much, but you showed me a lot, and kept me in the game.

so many others..

One confession:  I had an army of alts that many of you knew, but played some characters that were never linked to me. At one time before MR, I was mayor of a village in both Hots and JK.  I fought in a battle with one char and helped direct the other side via ventrillo.

I was a member of Kyara and Whosville at the same time.  I never shared information, but was fun to watch the game progress.

Oh, and I can type.. that was part of the fun.

I am leaving this time for good (or for an extended period anyway)  not because of game play, not because Rolf changed the rules again, but because RL has taken a massive chunk out of my ass. New responsibilities have entered that will take time, and are more important than Wurm, as hard as that is to believe.  I wish everyone the best, and hope someday to see the game I love reach it's potential.  Rolf, good job.  Fix it, don't change it.

Much Love to all..

Ivan

Bry: the Bok is yours, find it, sell it, put it on my tab.

OSP: things are better, then they aren't, then they are again, then they aren't...  thanks for the time, it meant alot.

Sad to see you go. You'll be missed.

Not sure how long Tuscany was around but, Arrowhead was there from Start to finish. Few people heard of it and it was very out of the way but Noizhead was mayor there the entire of JK-H.

Take care Ivan, good luck with your rl things and see you when you get back.  ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( *cries*

why ivan why :(

Probably you don't remember me, but i do remember you, Good luck in life Ivan.

Hehe... Ivan i think we joined the game the same day just about.  It has been fun watching you ADD through every map ;)  You never could sit in 1 place for too long.  Its probably what made you last longer as a player than me.  And yes i still remember that unfortunate accident with the scissors in the last Beta... apparently 1 space wasn't far enough away from doing irreparable damage... However it did build moral in the village having something to look at... just very awkward...

Good luck in RL, and welcome to Forum Ghosts Anonymous.

Wish you all the very best Ivan, hope it all works out well for you.

Take care Ivan  :) I hope life will treat you well.

Sad to see such a long term player go, but life must come before gaming.

I wish you all the best, hope to see you pop in the forums every now and again, if only to say hello.

Hey Ivan, I wish you all the best. Even though you are no longer in the game it doesnt mean you are no longer in our thoughts. Take care with all you do and remember to write sometime.

I met you all those years ago and from that moment on I have had not only the privilege of your kindness, but also the honour to call you my friend.

I will be waiting to hear from you ! :)      *wags her finger"

I won't forget when we went out exploring the new islands and were stampeded by a hoarde of angry mountain lions. Ahh, good times. Those were the good ol' days.

Gonna miss you man, but I understand also that RL is far more important than the game. So good luck! Have a great life, and hope to see you around some day when you get the time. :)

Ivan chose Life! Go Ivan  ;D

Good luck for the future and anything you may do!

*Salutes for ivan*

sad to see you go ivan, you will be missed :'(

Safe travels Ivan. the chats were good and the times were fun.

until the next time

NOOO DADDY. I'm not ready to be pushed it into this mean world all alone :'( :'( :'(

We'll miss you, Ivan.  Take care and best of luck!  :)

NOOO DADDY. I'm not ready to be pushed it into this mean world all alone :'( :'( :'(

I didn't make the list  ???

I hate to see you go Ivan. I hope to possibly see you in game again but I doubt you will though. Keep in touch unlike all the other players that have not.

ahh pinkdaisy. I need to send him a email and see what he is up to these days.

BOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Be strong my son.  The wurld is cruel, but with strength and determination, you will persevere.

Now.... get out of the basement and go throw a ball

well if and when ya do come back ivan ya got a place with us dude any time