Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

New logo idea

Allright, today when I started the test client I noticed the Wurm Online letters on top. They look silvery with a little shadow.

So I figured that if the lands of Wurm was reflected in those letters it may look really good and work as a full time logo.

Just fire up your vector image editing program and write Wurm Online in whatever font you like (we currently use Palatino bold and sometimes Times new Roman). Then add some nice effects. I would really like to see some examples of reflected lands in solid letters. Don't use any background so that we can put these letters anywhere.

If we decide to use your logo and get the files in proper vector format you'll be awarded a year premium and 100 silver coins.

To be honest, that logo idea sounds a little dull. It needs something to liven it up.

so you just want a text logo no design or image or anything?

Yep something like that in that it contains an image of sorts. But I think more metal, reflections and sky.

Oh and liven it up in any way you wish. It's just an idea. Blow the caps off.

wurmonline.png

Here's a quick rush-job of an idea. Easily vectorized too.

Here is some inspiration (not the "photoshop dragon" logo, the metallic cars logo):

http://www.photoshop-dragon.com/Tutorials/Text_Effects/Chrome_Text.htm

Then make the letters reflect your wurm image/s in the lower half, maybe.

I have no experience with making images, but you're thinking like a reflection in chrome?

just an example image

chrome.jpg

I'm really not a graphics gal, but vector format and a normal bitmap image don't seem to mix well, no?

you know, i love how people criticize others work, even when said work is posted as "a rush job of an idea"  without actually posting thier own contributions.

I dont think he was presenting that as an actual submission, more of a sample idea to see if the concept (not the finished product) was what rolf is interested in.

Here is some inspiration (not the "photoshop dragon" logo, the metallic cars logo):

http://www.photoshop-dragon.com/Tutorials/Text_Effects/Chrome_Text.htm

Then make the letters reflect your wurm image/s in the lower half, maybe.

So..

Not this?

rolfe.png

But in all seriousness I'll e-mail you some design mock-ups this weekend but I'm probably not going to do anything too flashy like that chrome text, I don't know-- I feel Wurm isn't really chrome-esque.  It would seem oddly unfitting considering its genre of gameplay. 

You have the rights for commercial use for the font and the image, I hope? :P

Yes exactly howitzer.

And Posteh, I agree that Wurm may not be so much chrome. But maybe gold? It's just an idea.

I know others are including images in text, but what about something like this?

wurmonline.png

Like this?

wurmlogo2.png

If you like it then I have it saved as a vector image, although as a vector the chrome effect sucks somewhat. It would be hard to achieve a good chrome effect as a vector and you would still only be able to scale it up to the limit of the image inside the text.

Just to note he wants them in vector, so if you're doing them in Photoshop make sure you can carry them over to Illustrator as a vector image later. 

Jonneh is right, an idea of what kinds of things this text will go on would be nice, I take it for example you won't be blowing this up for massive posters to go on the side of skyscrapers and such? :P Though I am trying to get my hands on a version of illustrator anyway, I used to have it stored somewhere but at the moment just have Photoshop...Not sure if these can be exactly redone in Illustrator, haven't used it in quite a while.

So here are some ideas. It's hard to find a font that will fit a significant enough amount of a screenshot inside, without even being able to tell that's what is, let alone pick out many details about wurm from that.

Did you really want a font as "fat" as that cars one in your link? That can be done of course, but would it really fit with wurm? Guess that's up to you. :P

wurm.png

wurm2.png

wurm3.png

I have just used a couple of images from the gallery to show my concept for now, with a distant landscape view within the word 'Wurm' and the word 'online' on top of a closer up view of the world.

wurmlogo1small.png

Couple of views of it in situ on the stable and test clients...

stableclientmockup.th.png

testclientmockup.th.png

Hopefully I can gather a few of my own images soon to change these placeholders.  The Illustrator and svg files are sitting on my desktop.

Tiu read Rolf post again.

Don't use any background so that we can put these letters anywhere.

Tiu read Rolf post again.

Don't use any background so that we can put these letters anywhere.

I'll address that since it is a good point.  There is no background as such, as you can see the alpha layer is firmly in place.  The 'background' that you speak of behind the word 'online' is integral to the logo design and not just a pretty little background picture.

Rolf asked us for assistance, and sometimes the customer may like something they didn't think they would.  I figure most people will stick as close to the brief as possible, I just felt the need to give Rolf a look at another direction he could go so he would have more information when deciding.

wurm.png

try this in more silver/chrome instead of gold and a version with more sky