Sign in to follow this  
PoolsClosed

Does buying Minecraft help support Wurm in some way?

This is a serious question.

I'm debating whether or not to roll another Freedom toon or to purchase Minecraft. In what ways do these differ as far as supporting OneTooFree AB?

It doesn't.

OneTooFree AB is Rolf's company, and Notch owns Mojang Specifications, different companies.

yeah, minecaft is awesome, and paying to get the indev stuff before it makes his regular releases is pretty worth it.

In regards to buying the game and helping Wurm. I would have to say yes and here is why> Notch has had a part of Wurms beginnings and Rolf and Notch are still freinds as I understand it. SO if Someone from Wurm were to use Minecraft forums, and continued playing wurm, a post in Notchs forums may benefit Wurm in several ways including possibly an endorsment from Notch.

Also there is this...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statistics

647 players online, in 445 servers.

141275 registered users, of which 9104 (6.44%) have bought the game.

In the last 24 hours, 1252 people registered, and 199 people bought the game.

Games started in the last 24 hours:

Creative mode: 56064 (81.5% multiplayer, 72.92% free players)

Survival mode: 13789 (92.9% free players)

Indev: 14038

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The numbers Notch has achieved in a short time is astounding. The kind of publicity possible within the Minecraft environment and forum is also astounding. Create your own little Wurmian land in minecraft and draw over some of those folks to Wurm.

Notch still occasionally points people to Wurm, but he'll probably keep the money to fund Minecraft.

Minecraft is still small enough that it does eat people from Wurm. When Notch gets the survival mode on multiplayer though  =)  - I can play two games at once though.

All minecraft does to me is make me wish notch was still a part of wurm...  In a fraction of the time wurm as been around the game (besides not being MMO) is easily almost as good if not better.

*dreams of minecraft and wurm bastard child...*

Though I guess I'll give credit that quite  abit has been done to wurm as of late.... but its still walking as if it has 2 broken legs in my opinion.

Any how...  I still havn't gotten to the bottom of this blasted deep map w/o a skelly sniping me.

I told myself I wouldn't buy minecraft... then I did. Now I made a fort on an island with a huge cavern system. SOO MUCH FASTER THEN WURM did in a day. :D