Sign in to follow this  
Dannyiron

Academy of Enlightenment. [Closed]

Maybe it's not the kind of suggestion you're looking for, but how about a sandbox for future terraformers to get familiar with how dirt works in Wurm?

This is very much something I intend to implement, and have thought about much. Glad to see someone agrees with my thought pattern, thanks :)

Sounds interesting, especially as I just lost everything somewhere south of the Steppes. And I'm not going back until my skills are up. Is the New Academy in the same place as the old?

Xian

Can I join, I am relatively new off GV but willing to help with whatever

Alusarion

Sounds interesting, especially as I just lost everything somewhere south of the Steppes. And I'm not going back until my skills are up. Is the New Academy in the same place as the old?

Xian

Hello!

I'm afraid it isn't, but it isnt far off. In fact, it's in a more convenient location than the old place. If you're interested in joining, I will send you a PM with details, thank you for the interest! :)

Can I join, I am relatively new off GV but willing to help with whatever

Alusarion

Greetings, I would be very glad to have you on board, just let me know when you want to come down and I'll arrange to meet you and bring you in and what not :)

Kind regards to both of you,

Dannyiron, DI

Right, I am not going to be on as of tomorrow, for best part of a week. However, I will leave you in the very capable hands of Elwood to sort you out and welcome you into the Academy. Before I do leave, I would be happy to definitely say you are both students of the Academy now, and I welcome you thus :)

Any problems or anything, and let Elwood know, and if he has any problems, he will let me know. But let's hope there aren't any ;) Anyway, welcome, and see you all soon!

Edit:

I also say "Seeking Teachers/Staff" in the thread title, because we are currently after some teachers and staff to have a permanent place here at the Academy; you don't need to know alot - we will teach you how to teach! If you're interested, please contact myself or Elwood :)

Hey, danny, i am contemplating coming to freedom soon, and i would like to come in as a teacher.

Is there any requirement?

there are hardly any requirements, but for becomming a teacher we do  require that you have  lots of knownledge to that particulair skill

and are decent skilled in it aswell ,and ofcourse willing to teach the newbs comming from GV  to the academy

besides that, head over the academy if  you  are comming,

im based in GMT+1 can mostly been found around 11am-9pm this week ingame

Hey, danny, i am contemplating coming to freedom soon, and i would like to come in as a teacher.

Is there any requirement?

Hey freckles :) Thanks for the interest!

All that I ask of you for becoming a teacher, is that you are dedicated to the cause. We want you to be excited about getting involved, and we want you to help around the village and help educate those new players :)

Slightly contrary to Elwood, I don't ask that you have any knowledge. Between Elwood and I, I would go far enough to say that we have very extensive knowledge about essentially every skill, and we can teach you anything you need to know. We will teach you what you don't know, and teach you how to teach :)

Again, all we ask is that you're willing to help, willing to learn and willing to be fairly active too :) (I know I can't speak for that right now :P we know real life does take priority, but please say if you're going to go on holiday, not be on etc.) :)

Anyway, thank you for the interest, and we would love to have you on board :) You seem like a nice guy, and we can teach you everything you need to know for the position.

Kind regards,

Dannyiron (DI) :)

Thanks for the reply danny, and i love the use of smilies in your post :3.

But yes, right now i am training all of my skills in GV to get reasdy to come to freedom, and one of the 2 teacher i most want to be are; Farming/Ranching or smithery.

Give me a reply and tell me if you have any other jobs open for teaching.

Thanks for the reply danny, and i love the use of smilies in your post :3.

But yes, right now i am training all of my skills in GV to get reasdy to come to freedom, and one of the 2 teacher i most want to be are; Farming/Ranching or smithery.

Give me a reply and tell me if you have any other jobs open for teaching.

LOL I just noticed all the smileys, hahah!

You don't have to train skills in GV :) It is your choice, but we have 60ql forges and the like for training smithery, we can mine 60ql iron etc etc. Which may just mean you'll gain those skills quicker :P

Ah, no problem. Those sound like solid professions, and we could definitely use a farmer :) Smith as well, depends on the specifics really, but we'll see no problem :)

We don't have masses of the teaching jobs filled, and we can always stick more than 1 teacher on each job, so it's your pick and your choice. Again, thanks for the interest!

Also, I'll send you a PM with something.

Kind regards,

Danny :)

come over when ever your ready, i can be found online during the weekend  at 11am-6pm GMT+1 and during work days at 3pm-8pm

Well, sounds good, ill get up to you when i finally decide on buying premium.

Nice, I recognize some people fresh from GV.

On the side note, this academy makes me feel like making a random alt to explore freedom. Then perhaps share the alt with a few trustworthy GVers to get a glimpse of freedom.

if you do that, we will certainly try to see a way how to get it working

new pictures!

wurm201005301031_1.jpg

Fighting facilities under construction!

wurm201005301030.jpg

We are getting fresh recruits nearly everyday on this picture, we have build 5 more  houses  the passed 2 days for the new arrivals!

wurm201005301029_1.jpg

somewhat more  close to finished, village square!  ;D

The pictures are a little dark Elwood :) I wanted to put up some light photos but seems you beat me to the whole photo business, but I think some lighter ones wuld be benefitial if you have the time ;)

Well done as ever :)

Would like to Welcome Werid to the academy as a student, welcome!

Hey elwood, i dont know if you were planning this or not, but do you think i could get a seperate land to ranch on from the farmland?

I dont want them animals eating our cash crops :D

a seperate farming plot + ranch is planned for the newbs, but currently, not under construction

Would like to Welcome Bjornir to the academy as a student aswell, welcome!