Sign in to follow this  
Mrbloodworth

[2-13-10] [r240] Test server content update. (Street lamps and Deed markers)

DeedMarkers_Ingame_04.jpgLampSet_4.jpg

New items:

* Unfinished and finished Lamps have been added (and mapped) for Brass (2 kinds), Copper, Silver, Gold, Iron (Three kinds) and Bronze

* New deed marker objects have been added to help future land owners to see the area the deed will encompass while surveying. (Deed and perimeter)

Some known issues:

* Deed markers are currently server tinted, and the second object used to show perimeter is not currently used by the server.

* The server currently allows you to create invalid combination of lamp posts. For instance there is ONLY the gold (hanging) pole type, however it is possible to make a non pole type. This ability will be removed later server side.

* There is no flame FX or glass switching to its lit state for those objects that have it, yet.

* It is unknown at this point how to make an iron torch. Thus you may not be able to make the iron torch pole. This also goes for the full iron lamppost.

* Transparent areas are not active on models that use it, yet.

Things not in this update but are soon to follow:

* Lamp heads use old models.

* Lanterns use old models.

EDIT: Patch is currently available, and I didn't blow anything up!

[2-16-10] [r241] Test server content update.

* Added lamp heads for all valid types and deed markers. Edited mappings.

I need people to make and test lamps, please check models and what kinds you can create and please post the findings here.

Some info, there are basically 4 types of lamps now, but not all metals have all types:

• Torch lamp head. (iron only)
  • Hanging lamp head. (Brass, gold, silver, copper, bronze only)
  • Lamp head. (Brass and iron only)
  • Imperial lamp head. (Iron only)

This gives us room to grow at a later date.

I made an iron torch a few days ago and then had the option to make something with a pole, but my low smith skill, I failed. This was live.

sweet, can't wait till these come to live. Already stocked up on brass and all for them  ;D

Great  ;D

I still see that the planting time of signs interfere with the planting time of lamps, is it "still" supposed to work like this or they should have their independent time?

I mean, i can plant many lamps, but if i want to plant a sign after this it says "blabla one sign per week" while instead it should not start calculating from last lamp planted. Am I right? :)

So are we not getting the flame-effect torch-pole lights then? Would of looked great on my castle.

[2-16-10] [r241] Test server content update.

* Added lamp heads for all valid types and deed markers. Edited mappings.

I need people to make and test lamps, please check models and what kinds you can create and please post the findings here. The more people I can get doing this, the sooner I can patch the live servers.

Some info, there are basically 4 types of lamps now, but not all metals have all types:

• Torch lamp head. (iron only)
  • Hanging lamp head. (Brass, gold, silver, copper, bronze only)
  • Lamp head. (Brass and iron only)
  • Imperial lamp head. (Iron only)

This gives us room to grow at a later date.

All unfinished lamp models lack metal type in their names.

All examine descriptions for the various lamp models are the same old "A decorative iron box with wicker and a cannister for oil, with a socket for fitting on a pole." regardless of their actual type.

What exactly are deed markers?  Is that a replacement for the red arrows when creating a new settlement?  And if so are new models really necessary since they are temporary?

What exactly are deed markers?  Is that a replacement for the red arrows when creating a new settlement?  And if so are new models really necessary since they are temporary?

Yes.

There is also one for deed borders, and perimeter borders.

I think I managed to test all lamp models apart from unfinished imperial (since I have 100% chance to create finished version :-\ ).

Found wrong models for unfinished silver hanging lamp & unfinished metal torch lamp only.

I think I managed to test all lamp models apart from unfinished imperial (since I have 100% chance to create finished version :-\ ).

Found wrong models for unfinished silver hanging lamp & unfinished metal torch lamp only.

Looking into this now. Thanks.

The chains for the hanging lamps disappear when looked at from certain angles.

EDIT: Brass lamps also look like gold ones (I think)

The chains for the hanging lamps disappear when looked at from certain angles.

Known issue.

each lamp appears to be from a different culture and time period, excellent work.

It's so you can pick your flava.

And thanks!

what ever happened to the metal based one? you did one a while back, i quite liked having them all metal...

oh, and these new lamps seem a tad short, is that intended?

what ever happened to the metal based one? you did one a while back, i quite liked having them all metal...

Imperial.jpg

Cant wait for the weapons and creatures some day MR. B.  When we get charatcer customization I cant wait to see what you do ;p

Good Work Mr B. Now I am enjoying grinding Blacksmithing again.  As for character custimazation, It would be great if our clothes showed in inventory so we could at least dye them.  Something to think about.  Thanks again

Imperial street lamp:

Needs a 'imperial stree lamp head' and 25kg iron lump to create,

on a fail to create you get 0.8kg iron scrap,

the finished lamp is 1.8kg...

This can't be serious.

Imperial street lamp:

Needs a 'imperial stree lamp head' and 25kg iron lump to create,

on a fail to create you get 0.8kg iron scrap,

the finished lamp is 1.8kg...

This can't be serious.

I was wondering about that one too. Must be an oversight by Rolf.