Sign in to follow this  
Guest bloodhound

offline Wurm

like coz i know how many people love wurm and i was thinking what if you wanted your own offline private wurm game where theres just you in the world i know it would be canny boring but like if your parents made you go away every weekend and where you went there was no wifi hotspots or no internet for your laptop coz the Vodaphone modems are to slow to play as well

so what do you people think and also so like if your like me and has a 14 yr old bro who doesent have internet coz my mums to stingy then you could install it on his computer and he could enjoy the offline version

btw i live with my nan lol just thort ide point that out before someone said well how do you have internet

so what do you people think :)

He means an offline version of wurm to be made.

yea reto gets what i mean :D

He means an offline version of wurm to be made.

Since it's unlikely to happen (and since playing Wurm offline would defeat its primary goal), we're suggesting other similar games that are more rewarding to play alone ;)

I would recommend Clonk instead.

That looks like an awesome game, I'm going to try it now.

-1 point. Let's not turn Wurm into MoparScape.

I would recommend Clonk instead.

That looks like an awesome game, I'm going to try it now.

It's freeware now too. :D

erm... it's a bit old idea (was alot topic about it on old forum ^^)

He doesn't mean a private server, but an official offline version I think.

And the only thing that makes MoparScape so bad are the MoparScapers, private servers for other games are very capable.

I believe its called Wurm Online for a reason.

I know the answer to this. There will never be an offline version of this game (well, maybe if Rolf throws in the towel some day-never!). The reason is that he doesn't want anyone to be able to get a copy of the sever code. He's worried about the risk of clones/pirated versions/hacked clients ruining the game.

Rolf has, however, mentioned the possibility of private servers where you could control who could play there. The costs would be rather steep though, because he'd have to charge the server costs. He also mentioned the possibility of mini maps so that he could run several on one server, something like the test server in size. But the cost of those would still be quite high as not even servers have the horsepower to run many games at once.

Then why he doestn make a other server code ? Or make some security like encoding etc,

Sigh.. there is a lot of ways to make sigle player wurm.. and btw. i posted loong time ago topic bout that

Their is always a way around security mate, even if he did his best for security for wurmoffline  :D

Think about it...  Someguy downloaded the offline vesion and never updated it (In updates,say rolf made better security)

Hack the old version of security (Because hacks get better over time  ;) )

Than voila, you got the wurm code.

How about a server/s running the Gold 1 Jan backup

The reason is that he doesn't want anyone to be able to get a copy of the sever code. He's worried about the risk of clones/pirated versions/hacked clients ruining the game.

question why are you talking bout server code

1 easy way to fix it really is to make a basic version eg take a really old version of wurms servers(hell even revamp the basic part so that it doesnt connect to anything) and build it up from there

im sure the new one that is being used can in no way be compared to a eg 1 year old one with stuff added now can they??

and a offline version of wurm would make it fun to practice out projects in wurm so that you know if it can work or not

and you could even add a make your own item kind of thing into it so that you could make eg your own kind of shovel(gota model it your self) and for eg submit it to a part of the site where people can dl it and test it and the best ones will be considered adding to the game saving some time on working out on ideas of items as well

now to rolf stop worrying so much and have sun fun come on you made a great game go and play it for once

I know the answer to this. There will never be an offline version of this game (well, maybe if Rolf throws in the towel some day-never!). The reason is that he doesn't want anyone to be able to get a copy of the sever code. He's worried about the risk of clones/pirated versions/hacked clients ruining the game.

Rolf has, however, mentioned the possibility of private servers where you could control who could play there. The costs would be rather steep though, because he'd have to charge the server costs. He also mentioned the possibility of mini maps so that he could run several on one server, something like the test server in size. But the cost of those would still be quite high as not even servers have the horsepower to run many games at once.

Would people who pay for their own server be able to travel to other servers still, like you can between wild/home? It would be interesting to see what happens. It would also be a good explaination for the minimap, as they would be similar to private islands and therefore not as large as a continent.

He doesn't mean a private server, but an official offline version I think.

And the only thing that makes MoparScape so bad are the MoparScapers, private servers for other games are very capable.

The reason private servers for runescape fail is that the people who work on them don't know java and programming structures for .