Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrConor

Single animal to pull small carts

From what i know, a cart is mostly made of wood and tend to congregate in large numbers around and in settlements.

However i think an improvement can be made to the small one, by letting one animal to pull it, the advantage being increased speed but less goods hauled than a large cart along with no passengers being taken on board.

And i think that hopefully if carts had options to allow you to make them faster it would increase the speed of mining and terraforming projects, help increase land trade (Especially if you need to take around 80kg of planks to a place inland) and would hopefully reduce the dependence on boats and increase the number of roads, letting exploration and the construction of settlements in the interior of islands easier.

I don't think small carts should be used that way. I'd like to see other carts available, but for now small carts should be things pulled by players only.

Perhaps a medium cart and a Wagon would be nice, maybe a Chariot too.

Well i was thinking of a way you could take amounts of goods (Up to about 100kg) into the interior quite fast on a cart of sorts, so there would be more people in the interior inside of there actually being nobody.

Alternatively you could hitch one animal to a large cart and get the bonuses you said you wouldn't get with the small cart...

Alternatively you could hitch one animal to a large cart and get the bonuses you said you wouldn't get with the small cart...

Well i was thinking that one animal pulling a small cart would be much faster than 2 pulling a large one.

Mainly i see large carts as things for dragging large amounts of dirt or logs or trees, while small carts to pull many different things in much faster.

Like if you could get a horse pulling a cart at around 15Km/h i think it would be good for inland settlements.

Why not have a hand cart for a person only,  then small carts one person or one animal can pull, medium cart for one person  or 1 to 2 animals to pull,  large cart for 1 to 2 animals pull only.  ?

But where the hell is the yoke? i don't see any

RANDOM

caruta+cu+boi.JPG

Edit: You don't need a yoke to hitch one animal if you have 2 shafts that go around it, you just need some sort of leather belt.

I don't think small carts should be used that way. I'd like to see other carts available, but for now small carts should be things pulled by players only.

Perhaps a medium cart and a Wagon would be nice, maybe a Chariot too.

Actually the small carts were nerfed (speed wise) some weeks before large carts were added, so I wouldn't bet my horses on it being able to hitch animals to them in the future. I think they're intended as a much inferior option to the large cart.

I was thinking along the lines of a cart that could carry up to 500kg (25 dirts worth) of stuff and be pulled by animals at high speeds.

At least 10 Km/h which would make it faster than Rowboats.

Iirc it was around 10km/h before the nerf, and apparently unwanted sincei t'd make the large carts redundant. It was nice back then when you could drag stuff back and forth from mines without hassle, but I am guessing small carts are meant for small jobs and that they were only fast to compensate for the late large carts.

From what i know, a cart is mostly made of wood and tend to congregate in large numbers around and in settlements.

However i think an improvement can be made to the small one, by letting one animal to pull it, the advantage being increased speed but less goods hauled than a large cart along with no passengers being taken on board.

And i think that hopefully if carts had options to allow you to make them faster it would increase the speed of mining and terraforming projects, help increase land trade (Especially if you need to take around 80kg of planks to a place inland) and would hopefully reduce the dependence on boats and increase the number of roads, letting exploration and the construction of settlements in the interior of islands easier.

Your opinion is, of course, as valid as mine, but since this is not a voting issue, it would be interesting to include your reasoning

Iirc it was around 10km/h before the nerf, and apparently unwanted sincei t'd make the large carts redundant. It was nice back then when you could drag stuff back and forth from mines without hassle, but I am guessing small carts are meant for small jobs and that they were only fast to compensate for the late large carts.

Aeris already explain this over a year ago. They were change to introduce the Large Carts, so why do you think they will change it back? or add a hitch-able option to it? That's why you got Large carts.

Aeris explained nothing, she simply stated carts were nerfed.  That does not mean the idea itself is not interesting.

Make it so you can hitch an animal to a small cart, the examine on the cart reads:

"[21:12:19] A small two wheel cart designed to be dragged by one person or animal. It is made from pinewood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 8.460001, Dam: 0.0."

Note the animal part.

It would not make large carts useless by any means, as the small cart cannot carry the volume or weight a large one can.

There's no reason to "-1" this idea, it was relevant then, it is now. If nothing else, change the examine message.

[21:12:19] A small two wheel cart designed to be dragged by one person or animal. It is made from pinewood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 8.460001, Dam: 0.0."

If nothing else, change the examine message.

Aeris explained nothing, she simply stated carts were nerfed.  That does not mean the idea itself is not interesting.

Would be nice to be able to hitch one animal to a large cart and lead the animal dragging the cart. Keep the speed reduction, but remove the stamina drain as such.

I think the point here is so a F2P toon can lead a single animal pulling a small cart. It would be a waste for Premium because they use a L.cart and two horses.

problems.

1. You can lead three animals.

2. The amount of weight you can put in a Small cart is unlimited. You could feasibly put 756 of 99% completed caravels inside it. The volume is limited.

3. Toons can travel on paved road with little inventory at 17 km/h.

I think one of the reasons Basic where denied the right to drive L.cart is players where using F2P alts as drivers. Its not too hard to push forward and alt tap over to the main account. I did this often. If we where to give basics a tool to quickly move goods, we will see the return of that goods moment scheme. I don't care, and would even support a non silver coin funded automated NPC transport.

Another option is saddle bags that hold as much as a small cart.