Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aelavel

Aestalla Wants You!

I might as well be the towns Carpenter/woodworker.

Although my skill in Carp is like, 15.

Yeah, mine is over 60 and rising ;).  I've been the town carp for a while now, but won't stop you if that's what you want to pursue.

Yeah, mine is over 60 and rising ;).  I've been the town carp for a while now, but won't stop you if that's what you want to pursue.

As of right now, we don't have anyone dedicated to the following skills (as far as I know):

Alchemy, Clubs, Hammers, Knives, Mauls, and Thievery.

Haha, now that I look over the skill page, it seems that we have most of the key professions covered.  Our shipbuilder just started raising her skill and is approaching 10.  But she has a lot of work cut out for her with that, so I may recommend you look into it.  If that seems like something that would interest you, it could benefit our town.  Can't hurt to have two ship builders, especially since we plan to build a fleet once our harbor is established.  If you're interested in becoming a Priest, that might be cool too.  We only have one (Vynora), who only recently took the oath.  Regardless of what everyone else has chosen to do, we will support whatever decision you make.  Some professions require a lot of work, so it might not hurt to double up on that by having two villagers dedicated to the cause.  I'd recommend reading over the skills available on the wiki (here), and just finding something that catches your attention.

Hmmm, i really dont know...

Woodworking and capentry seem to be what i want to do, and after i learn a bit, i can help with ship pieces...

The only thing i see wrong with being a priest, is that i cant do any work, like cutting trees or building or anything like that...

Unless it is possible to stop being a priest, if i ever want to change into a worker again...

As for ship building (SB), carpentry doesn't really help.  It's an individual skill line, and just about everything (minus sails and ropes) relies on the SB skill.  So if you want to help with boats, you'll need to work on that, not carp.  If you do want to work on Carpentry though, we won't stop you =).  I can provide you with access to high ql logs (my woodcutting is almost 50) for imping, and you can assist me in making floorboards and storage items for our buildings.  There are forests on every side of us (just about), so you'll have plenty of opportunity to work on your skills as well.  Regarding Priests though....  I don't think it's worth dumping endless hours in a character (as is necessary to be a good Priest), only to dump those skills for another line.  I wouldn't recommend going that route unless it's something that you are sure you want to do.  Priests get some cool spells, but yes - they are very limited on the actions they can perform.  You can also help out each person for a day or so when you arrive to get a feel for each profession, and decide after that.  It's going to take a while to build your skills regardless of what you choose, so there's no reason to rush the decision.

Yeah, im just saying ittl get boring not being able to work on some stuff while im off duty.

But... Carpentry sounds pretty good, i can work on Shipbuilding in my free time to help, and and that good stuff.

Also...

I can be the guy in the town who runs errands and gets supplies if you want.

I think its called a page.

But yeah, i think itll be fun to help the village mayor :D

Once i get to the village and get settled a bit, maybe my head will clear and choose what i want to do.

That sounds like a good plan, Freckles.  I'm sure no one will mind you lending a hand to the various projects going on each day.

Hope you're getting settled in, Red.  It was a late one last night ;).

Won't be on for some time, taking a rest. Have fun guys  ;)

Alright Dangron.  Don't take too long though, or we'll starve without you!

I would like to officially welcome Redrinry and Vanchu to New Aestalla.  As our newest recruits, I look forward to watching their advancement in skill as we continue to erect the finest city in all of Freedom.

I'd like to make a request to join what seems to be a very nice little community. Hope to hear from you soon!

I am going to be joining freedom soon and I am considering your village. Before I join however I have a few questions.

1 will I need to pay an upkeep, or can I donate when I please?

2 will I be able to own my own 1x2 or 2x2 house inside the deeded area?

3 if so will u be able to help me build and help make my own bed?

4 do u have oven's and forages that people can't steal from?

5 what tools do u provide and what ql?

6 I see you have quite a few ppl in your village, how many are active?

7 if lots are active is there still resouces left?

8 I love community projects, Is there any left to do?

Thanks for helping me out,

I am a vetern of gv and have applied to be a PA.

1. I never require any help on paying upkeep.  You are of course free to donate anytime you want.  We currently have over 6 months worth of upkeep already paid.

2. I'm not sure if we have room left on the deed for anymore houses, however we do plan to expand the deed at some point to make more room.  Also, the entire village is enclosed by tall stone walls, so people can't get to them, and there is PLENTY of room inside the walls.

3. We will of course help you build a house and put a bed in it, thats what villages are for

4. As I said earlier, the entire villaged is walled up, so people can't get into them.  We also are in the process of building a very large workshop that will house plenty of forges and ovens, or we can put one of each into your house if you'd like.

5. Anything a blacksmith makes, I can provide up to 65ql, will be 70 once I get around to grinding my mining up.  Carpentry stuff we generally get to around 50 or so.  Masonry stuff 60-70.  Basilcally, you'll have plenty of high ql tools.

6. We have 5 people who basically play every single day, we have 2-3 others who play occasionally.  And we have another who plays often when he is not break, which he currently is.

7. We have unending supplies of iron, silver, zinc, lead, trees, peat, tar, and our breeder has done a good job of providing us with lots and lots of horses.

8. We currently have several projects going on, some of them massive in scale, others could be done in a day if a couple people really got after it. 

Holy crap!  :o

This village looks awesome! Nice walls around the village. Also the location kinda makes me wonder because i have never been around that region. Heh i guess i should visit.  :)

Sorry for the long time aelavel, im still trying to get my membership D:

Hopefully ill get it tomorrow, because im supposed to get my easter bonus, and i asked for it in a paypal giftcard.

I'm curious myself.  School started to occupy a lot of my time during this last month, so I've been on break as well.  I'm taking four classes in the Summer, but might resubscribe at some point if nothing else is going on (and I'm not too busy with college).

Still workin on this membership :P

Also, Aelavel, i think i might be a priest to try it out.

Wht god do we belong to?