Sign in to follow this  
ZaZ213

New Keybind - Repeat last action

Simple, keybind to repeat the last menu action, useful for repeating the same action 3+ times without having to navigate a menu. I don't see why this wasn't one of the first keybinds introduced as it doesnt change anything but eliminate menu use for repeating actions.

its leaves itself open to macroing. one of the skills lets you do more tha 3 consecutive actions cant remember which though.... and you should consider yeself lucky, i remember when it was 2.... which wasn't that long ago.

its leaves itself open to macroing.

Macroing is also possible by reading the distances between each menu selection so by not having it, it does not stop macroing it merely makes it a bit more difficult so I'm not sure if thats a good reason to not have the function merely because it could be used for macroing.

Simple, keybind to repeat the last menu action, useful for repeating the same action 3+ times without having to navigate a menu. I don't see why this wasn't one of the first keybinds introduced as it doesnt change anything but eliminate menu use for repeating actions.

probably because there is no "repeat last action" functionality in the server.

If rolf were to add this as a drop down menu option on the server THEN the client team could add a keybind for it.

With the new key binding I have found my actions sequence is nothing more then move mouse, push button.

I also rebind whatever action I'm currently doing to the same key. Almost everything is move mouse and push h key.

One further step to improve things might be to make a "create last item" key bind. Yes, Rolf would have to code that server side before the client people could add it.

Another might be to make one key the "action key" and it automatically does whatever action applies for the current active tool. This is similar to what I'm doing know, except I manually set the "action key" to a specific action.

Another might be to make one key the "action key" and it automatically does whatever action applies for the current active tool. This is similar to what I'm doing know, except I manually set the "action key" to a specific action.

A good workaround so rolf doesn't have to add code for a specific feature.

This could probably be implemented entirely client-side by keeping track of the last kind of action sent to the server (and its relevant data), and then simply sending it once more.

No work should have to be done server-side, if implemented properly.

(Disclaimer: Yes, I'm sure there are other considerations as well and that I'm making assumptions. Bah.)

A bit too close to cheating for my liking. You can already use the mining keybind + autowalk to mine effortlessly for hours on end while watching a DVD, I don't see how adding this functionality for almost every action in the game could be called "progress".

I'd like to see a "last action" added to the top of the context menu's however, so that repeating actions would still require your attention (albeit just a fraction) but not force you to go down deep into the menus (particularly the deep ones with many options).

I too believe that a last action should be possible with just client alterations. Like Shiny I'm making assumptions.

The client has to record what it was told to do so that the information can be relayed to the server. It seems to me its more about when that data is deleted or overwritten.

I think we could combine the common “action key†concept and a last action feature.

Here is a example sequence of events:

1.Make a pick active. This would clear out the “last action(LA)†command information. Every time a different tool is made active LA is cleared.

2.Mouse-over to a rock tile and push the action key.

3.Since “last action†is empty the common r-click menu pops up and I choose mine. LA is set to mine_forward. The skill active indicators starts.

4.Either wait for the skill bar to complete or queue another action. Action queuing would continue to function just like now. With mouse still on the rock tile, push the action key and client interprets that I want to mine_forward again.

At any point I could use the r-click mouse to do actions and this would update LA.

Some alternate examples for #1;  If a rake was made active the client would by default set LA to rake. Many tools in Wurm only have one action or could easily be paired down to one action.

We may even want to set LA for the most common action when using tools like the shovel and pick. The user would need to mouse r-click to do one of the others and then LA would be set to that.

If your are holding a rake its obvious that your going to farm, a hatched you'll be cutting something up, shovel for the most part dig a hole, etc. Why do we have remember a bunch of special key binds? I believe this suggestion would allow us to reduce that large list of key binds to a single key. Not one key but less. I can see myself still using take, drop, examine, /say guards!, toggle_climb, repair, improve, drag, stop_dragging and (I want open)

I'd like to see a "last action" added to the top of the context menu's however, so that repeating actions would still require your attention (albeit just a fraction) but not force you to go down deep into the menus (particularly the deep ones with many options).

So, OCR "cheating" would be ok but button pushing isn't?

A bit too close to cheating for my liking. You can already use the mining keybind + autowalk to mine effortlessly for hours on end while watching a DVD, I don't see how adding this functionality for almost every action in the game could be called "progress".

I think I do something worse, I build a knex machine that sits on top of the keyboard and using a timed piston it presses down every 20 seconds.

It only requires rubber bands and a motor for it's power and can run well for many hours.

I then just come on to feed the character and give it water.

Built-in macros?  Macro's are against the rules, why would he put one in?

We've already got keybinds for skill gain ... mining was given as an example above.  A keybind for creation would be much appreciated (for small nails, pegs, etc. anyone?)

I'm glad I'm a digger/miner and not a boat parts maker.  I can use my keybinds to get my work done, and they can't.  How's that seem fair?

At any rate, i think it should be done.  You do the same thing a lot, you shouldn't have to navigate the same menu every 3 seconds.

Let the cotton spinners and cloth makers have some rest.

+1 to this idea...

strings, nails, locks, needles, rings, planks, shafts, i could go on for most of the afternoon...

Felthanne

Cliff Side Mayor

I'm glad I'm a digger/miner and not a boat parts maker.  I can use my keybinds to get my work done, and they can't.  How's that seem fair?

At any rate, i think it should be done.  You do the same thing a lot, you shouldn't have to navigate the same menu every 3 seconds.

id like one as well. im playing wurm mostly after work, just to chill out a bit before i go to bed. im to tired for and tired of, monstrous clickastic actions...

so +1

+1

More hotkeys! I want a hotkey for making hotkeys to make my keys hot. Hotkeys. Hotkeys hotkeys hotkeys.  Keyhots. The word has lost all meaning.

I think I do something worse, I build a knex machine that sits on top of the keyboard and using a timed piston it presses down every 20 seconds.

It only requires rubber bands and a motor for it's power and can run well for many hours.

I then just come on to feed the character and give it water.

drinking-bird.jpg

Repeating the last action is not macroing, moving your mouse and clicking many actions while unattended is.

I think it would make the wurmers lazy.

Then I want the keybind - Repeat previous wurm day ::)

I like this idea