Sign in to follow this  
Mrbloodworth

[1-1-10] [r216] Test server content update.

I agree with other comments that the grass is a bit too thin, the bald patches really look out of place, i would propose making the base alot darker.

One thing that also would be interesting is a few different grass models, all basically the same, but at different heights. would be nice to see some variation.

I really like the new grass thou! same with all the models, ontop of that i am getting a massive fps boost, i get upwards of 80fps in Kyara on near-max settings (only things disabled are bloom, shadows, AA filtering)

I also really like wood playing a part in the color of the barrels, It's great to see some different colors out there, If it could be applied to everything, like walls, grass, trees, paths etc. i think it would be amazing, and make wurm scenery seem alot less repatative.

As MrB says above, the current grass is a placeholder.

Awesome work with the wood textures.

Agree with stone walls.

Mortimar was going to do both the fence and the wall at the same time to make the more rustic.

I will check with Mortimar to get the progress on this.

As MrB says above, the current grass is a placeholder.

Its OK, I know no one reads my posts.  8)

[1-3-10] [r216] Test server content update.

* Lots of Mappings fixes.

* Drill, Press and Bucket now have a new model for unfinished. (The three share it) The original model for the set was never added  :-\

* Some the of the (barrel) wood textures have had the images adjusted.

* New grass sprite that takes some cues from the beta version.

* Steppe sprite has been adjusted.

* Some UV corrections.

Although I haven't been around in beta (sadly) I now know why people wanted that grass back. :)

Dude, you rock!

* Drill, Press and Bucket now have a new model for unfinished. (The three share it) The original model for the

Fruit Press and Cheese Drills now don't have a pile model (any more)

* Drill, Press and Bucket now have a new model for unfinished. (The three share it) The original model for the set was never added  :-\

* Some UV corrections.

Looks all way better now :D

Loom, large and small chest next?

I really like the new grass but as i mentioned before i think the base of the grass really ruins it, even on absolute maximum settings if you look at the grass close up you see this horrible 2D base that looks like steppe on lowest settings.

I think if the base could be improved it would be awesome and i seriously hope it stays like this :P

Another thing that i know is client, and not MrB's field, would be if you could set the grass to render more than the 5 tiles or whatever it does in 3D

Really liking the FPS improvement also, i can actually play on maximum settings now in Kyara which used to be called lagville :P

keep the grass now dont change a thing to it its perfect please :)

Just to explain what im talking about, This is everything on max.

Afar looks sweet:

7ba07.png

Upfront, as i said looks like lowest settings steppe:

9fcf5.png

Sorry for the nighttime pictures, its a bit worse on high settings.

i like the new grass, but the actual grass is a bit long...

[me=Tich]wants to be able to use scythe on it to make Hay to feed horses[/me]

* Drill, Press and Bucket now have a new model for unfinished. (The three share it) The original model for the

Fruit Press and Cheese Drills now don't have a pile model (any more)

I will look into that.

Gavin, I am aware, its not something I am happy with so it may be adjusted.

I want to separate flowers from the grass, so I can give grass a "untouched" and a "eaten/cut" version. Mabye.

I think it's the right length but still would like to be able to cut it down for a nice darker green green lawn and hay. :)

If only grass tiles worked like field tiles, slowly growing and staying at the last stage (meadow), and going back to the first stage (lawn type) when harvested/mown.

I do like the idea of "lawn" for short grass that has been intentionally cut. Though since we are pre mechanical mowers it should not be TOO neat!

However, along with the shallower steps we spoke about, this would be very nice for villages where they want it to have a "kept" look. However, regular trimming would be required.

If in an "autumn" pack you have leaves on the path tiles, then you could clean them up with a Brush back to the normal tile.

I do like the idea of "lawn" for short grass that has been intentionally cut. Though since we are pre mechanical mowers it should not be TOO neat!

However, along with the shallower steps we spoke about, this would be very nice for villages where they want it to have a "kept" look. However, regular trimming would be required.

If in an "autumn" pack you have leaves on the path tiles, then you could clean them up with a Brush back to the normal tile.

Use a brush to rake leaves?  We already have rakes  :)

Well done, the new grass has quite effectively made me orgasm. Just fix those bald spots and it'll be great.

Well done, the new grass has quite effectively made me orgasm. Just fix those bald spots and it'll be great.

Its a fine balance here, but I'm not going to do much more until the changes to how we render, and handle terrain is completed.

While talking about would be nice changes, I have an anoyance with the wood flooring flatness. It looks more like a sheet of vinyl rolled out on a lawn. Wood floors with that much wave are not safe to walk on. :)

OK, back to barrels and stuff....

Please. leave flowers out of grass unless its a flower tile.  Please, please please. that is all I have dreamed for for so long...  I want to see grass again.

And I personally love the long length of grass. Makes wurm more.. err... 3D?  Flat textured tiles are a complete bore (terrain "bump" mapping is... ehh.  Better than nothing I guess)  Okay Now i feel like I'm jsut complaining.  I am very appreciative of what I have, thank you.

[1-3-10] [r216] Test server content update.

* Some UV corrections.

Please test dye on your new wooden textures. It is not looking good, kind of like dying a stone house, which looks terrible. (see through)

New textures looks good, but dying is now useless except for houses and other old textured stuff.

dying needs a mask to control what and how much color is changed. Using a grey scale version of the texture would help as dark areas like wood joints wouldn't get painted But it wouldn't work so well on stone walls because the mortor joints are light making them get more color.