Sign in to follow this  
Xagru

Sigil

I found on Independence:

TdJJDi5.jpg

Examined says: "[03:26:28] Within this ring of stones may the fate of kings and heroes be decided. Colors: R=50, G=50, B=0. It has a benevolent aura. Ql: 99.0, Dam: 0.0."

What is that? What for?

Based on some forum searching, it might be related to the 2018 Wurm anniversairy event, for which sigils were a part of one of the clues/steps:

Where did you find it?

Yes, I saw this post b4 posted here, but somebody told me that could be new secret treasure hunting. So my asking here.

• Like 1

Interesting! Could be a new treasure hunt mentioned in the Wurmnautica april fool's post. Do you mind sharing the location of the sigil?

1 hour ago, pagsiu said:

Interesting! Could be a new treasure hunt mentioned in the Wurmnautica april fool's post. Do you mind sharing the location of the sigil?

If wasnt april fools joke. :P

I wish share, but still dont know is it new treasure hunt or missed old one from "Knights of Seris".

It's interesting to note that today is the 5th anniversary of the Wurmiversary 2018 post which would be a good time to launch a new event.

• Like 1

When reading Enki’s post about Wurmnautica, I was of half the mind that he was being half serious about the “project” he was describing. So half of half is a quarter?

1 minute ago, McGarnicle said:

When reading Enki’s post about Wurmnautica, I was of half the mind that he was being half serious about the “project” he was describing. So half of half is a quarter?

The capital letters at the start of each sentence in the article (upto the question mark) read "IS THIS AN APRIL FOOLS?" which seems like an ominous question to ask...

I can't find any other hidden messages in the rest of the text, but it could be that they're a code, or are the coordinates of something.

Could the number 3 be significant there are references to the digit and things in sets of 3 in the Wurmnautica post

Using the Diving Platform is almost the same as using any raft, you will be able to anchor it in any body of water, but the ‘Dive to’ diving options will not be possible in shallow water depths. This will allow access to the underwater terrain for terrain modification, construction, and access to underwater caves, as well as several possible underwater diving levels reachable based on skill. Keep that third use in mind! The platform can be made using the same materials as a raft, plus one of several light source types, an extra wooden shaft, an extra rope, and an anchor. While the platform itself will have storage capacity like a raft, it will be more limited. You will understand why in a little bit.

Diving from the Diving Platform will grant you a limited amount of time under water, you will have to watch your breath meter closely, but the amount of time you can remain underwater will be determined by your Body Stamina, Mind Logic, and a new set of 'Diving' skills. ‘Snorkeler’, ‘Freediver’, and ‘Deep Sea Diver’. At this time only Freediver and Deep Sea Diver will be the easiest to raise as there is more use for these skills than Snorkeler.

As soon as you run out of breath, your health will immediately begin to suffer and you will need to reach the surface quickly or you shall die. The deeper you have descended, the more time it takes to get back to the surface. Your corpse will be at the surface for retrieval. Keep an eye on those sharks too! With the update that will bring these new features, sharks will now eat corpses after a while. This also goes for some animals on land including wolves, bears, and boars!

I present to you, the Diving Bell! The Diving Bell has its roots in ancient times and combined with the Diving Platform it will open up a plethora of new possibilities. At this time the Diving Bell can be equipped on knarrs, and corbitas, and more importantly, the Diving Platform. Diving Bells have a place to add an internal light source, organized storage compartments, and three seats. The Diving Bell can be made using copper, iron, or steel sheets, with rivets, ribbons, and lead for the ballast weights.

One Diving Bell provides access to a single tile on the ocean floor, but while you are descended, you may move the Diving Bell to any adjacent tile of the tile you originally descended to. This gives you the ability to harvest resources, dig, or mine within a 3x3 area per descent, as well as the ability to construct some upcoming underwater structures. Additionally, from the Diving Platform or a ship, you may choose which tile to descend to with each dive with the use of a spyglass. This way you do not have to relocate your Diving Platform or ship in order to change the destination of the Diving Bell when you descend.

Diving Bells offer you a substantially longer amount of time that you can remain underwater than freediving from Diving Platforms allow. More than enough time for one person to mine out a cave entrance and the next tile in, but keep an eye on the air meter. It will look sort of like the compass on screen, but the design of the meter has not been finalized yet so I could not show you a picture of it at this time.

Diving Bells support up to three occupants, the owner and two guests. They also function like tents and give you a place to respawn if needed, and to tie a creature to for transport. More on them in a later update. You can also log out in a Diving Bell while descended and log back in with the same amount of remaining air as you had when you logged out.

Using Diving Bells and Free Diving from the platform gives us a new area of the world to interact with beyond just the bottom of the oceans. You can also 'Dive To' intermediate layers named for their depths where you can among other things, collect bigger fish, or build and harvest from sea farm zones, including shellfish, and more.

A final quick word regarding the Diving Platform and Diving Bell on PvP. Do not let your rope get cut! You will not be able to ascend in time before drowning if diving to deeper levels. If you are using the Diving Bell when your line gets cut, then there is a chance for someone to come and attach a new line to it from a ship or diving platform above before your air runs out.

This is all very exciting stuff and still in the early stages. The Diving Bell, Diving Platform, Sea Cages, and a few other items are ready to go once added to the main client, but other features and items will be added probably in the first quarter of next year. The reason for the delay is because the Developers wanted me to be able to open up my latest treasure hunt on time, so they focused on making adjustments to the oceans, caves, and making working platforms and Diving Bells, since we needed to be able to make underwater caves that you would not drown in as well as multiple dive depth layers.

There will be new creatures added, a couple of new shark types, and some new sea creatures. Some will be dangerous, others not so much, but these will be a surprise for now. There will be a new type of cave bug and a couple of other creatures to facilitate my next surprise, though I was unable to convince the developers of the need for 'frogspiders' but those are the least significant bits in all of this.

Yes! You heard right! I said Treasure Hunt! Last time, I let you stumble across the secret treasure hunt, but this time I am telling you there will be one. Or more! You will not be able to find any clues quickly, as they have not been activated yet. Someday someone will find and activate one and start the treasure hunt, or hunts, mentioned in this reveal.

interesting. Where is the sigil, @Xagru I know the locations of all the old sigils from the previous treasure hunt so I could verify if it is an old one, or possibly something new.