Sign in to follow this  
Sentoria

Market permissions

Hello! 👋

I'm building a market now. And I have some questions about permissions.
I'm interesting how to arrange the permishins correctly?
Animals will be sold on the market, as well as merchants will be located. Materials will also be sold in bulks (at pens with locks, as I know).

If I build a small house with a gate for the horse, and the merchant will have the key to that gate. Will the buyer be able to take the horse out of the house (not of the pen made of fence)? I mean, do the house permitions matter to lead horses? Or only pens made of fences recommended?

I am also interested in general recommendations about permishions on the markets.

Thanks!🌞

I am but a simple tool Smith and have no clue about that business, but good luck for the beastmaster market.

• Cat 1

3 hours ago, Beewolf said:

I am but a simple tool Smith and have no clue about that business, but good luck for the beastmaster market.

Thanks for your encouragement, Beewolf! 🤗

I run a horse market on Cadence and from my experience you will need to have "Lead" perms set on deed.
Be careful with this because this will enable anyone to lead any of your animals on your deed even branded ones. Any animals you will not be selling should be behind locked gates and any personal mounts should have their individual perms set to "kingdom of freedom isles - deny all".
Even if your branded animals are not on your deed they will still be able to lead them with lead perms set on deed.

If you are selling bulk goods behind gates you will need the pick up and load perms set on deed. Again be very careful with this because they can now pick up/load anything on deed that isn't behind a locked pen or inside a building. Make sure you secure anything that is outside and lock it all too.
If you are selling the bulk good inside then you just need to allow pick up/load perms set inside that building. Again make sure that anything inside that isn't for sale is secured and locked.
Best way to do it is to have a trustworthy friend come that has no perms on your deed or inside buildings and then test to see what they can and cant take/lead.

Another issue you may come across is proximity perms, if you have a crate of stuff for sale and you were the one that unloaded it and are still in the area when someone comes to buy it then they may not be able to take it because you are too close. So just be aware of that. Make your market building away from where you generally hang out on deed.

Again just be very careful with perms for markets, not all people have your best interests in mind.
Feel free to PM me in game if you have any other questions or want to come check out my set up, and good luck!

~ Indigoe

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kementari said:

I run a horse market on Cadence and from my experience you will need to have "Lead" perms set on deed.
Be careful with this because this will enable anyone to lead any of your animals on your deed even branded ones. Any animals you will not be selling should be behind locked gates and any personal mounts should have their individual perms set to "kingdom of freedom isles - deny all".
Even if your branded animals are not on your deed they will still be able to lead them with lead perms set on deed.

If you are selling bulk goods behind gates you will need the pick up and load perms set on deed. Again be very careful with this because they can now pick up/load anything on deed that isn't behind a locked pen or inside a building. Make sure you secure anything that is outside and lock it all too.
If you are selling the bulk good inside then you just need to allow pick up/load perms set inside that building. Again make sure that anything inside that isn't for sale is secured and locked.
Best way to do it is to have a trustworthy friend come that has no perms on your deed or inside buildings and then test to see what they can and cant take/lead.

Another issue you may come across is proximity perms, if you have a crate of stuff for sale and you were the one that unloaded it and are still in the area when someone comes to buy it then they may not be able to take it because you are too close. So just be aware of that. Make your market building away from where you generally hang out on deed.

Again just be very careful with perms for markets, not all people have your best interests in mind.
Feel free to PM me in game if you have any other questions or want to come check out my set up, and good luck!

~ Indigoe

Thank you very much, Kementari!

This is very important iformation for me! Thank you for sharing your experience!