Sign in to follow this  
Soluna

Item Volumes

Hello!

Please review the way an individual item's volume limits how it can be placed in containers. For example, blueberries weigh 0.3kg each, but only 9 can be put in a pottery bowl for a total weight of 2.7kg. The same pottery bowl can hold a 15kg salmon, but not a 12kg catfish. The same type situation comes up with satchels. 18 blueberries maximum fit in a satchel (5.4kg), but 100 meals that weigh a total of 1000kg will fit.

I realize this is a big project / review of the entire volume system, but it could really use it. I wasn't 100% sure whether to post this as a suggestion or in the bugs forum, but I'm guessing that it is not considered a bug so I'm posting here. Please feel free to move if necessary.

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!

• Like 4

Yeah i agree, it's quite annoying. I was on verge to report it several times, but never got the time and will to compile a list of things that has illogical volume/weight ration

yeah, i gotta agree here, volumes are off for a lot of things. one example that i ran into yesterday, wood bulks not fitting in LMC's. I have piles of dirt/sand in LMC's (yeah I know that's stupid, don't hate) but can't put in a log or plank after pulling the dirt out, even though the logs were 0.80kg in weight, and the dirt/sand was full 20kg. That's the one I can think of right off the top, but the inconsistency of volumes across similarly weighted/sized items is frustrating.

Last time I checked you couldn't fit plates on tripod tables, that's a fun one