Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: Canoe Believe It?!

While I like the new UI for the Store, I would much rather Traders remain in game as they are.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Votip said:

TI2NcYy.png

react before its too late

What is this?

• Like 1

Just now, HawkHawk said:

While I like the new UI for the Store, I would much rather Traders remain in game as they are.

ditto

• Like 6

1 minute ago, HawkHawk said:

I 2ed this big time!

• Like 6

Just now, Maxthx said:

What is this?

stock price of game chest group ab, owners of wurm online

• Like 1
  • Cat 2

Was the trader discount for deeds an oversight or.....? I'm confused that there was no mention of it in the OP, as it's a pretty significant change for a very large portion of the player base.

Personally, I don't think traders need to be removed, as I don't see the harm in keeping them, even if they are redundant. They are even perhaps a fun insight into the past of Wurm for new players.

With that said, I am happy to see the addition of allowing silver to be used for the purchase of a few more loyalty items.

I'm on the fence with canoes from a PvP aspect, but for PvE they seem like a fun idea.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 12

I do not really see the reason why a trader is needed for getting discount? Could it not just be 20% cheaper for everyone? Or, 20% cheaper for any deed over x amount of upkeep per month? Or just transfer this from having a trader, to just a "bribe local authority with 35s to permanently get a 20% discount", or something. That is just a few initial ideas, lots of options for replacing the trader! It should not really be bound to trader in the first place imo.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Drogos said:

It should not really be bound to trader in the first place imo.

it was bound to trader because of the change of the trader mechanics

Canoe YES! I like but this removal of the trader.. not so sure about!! I hope that people with Traders can keep their 20% deed price reduction somehow, I know I would miss it with my currently 8S 90c+ deed which will go uo to what 10 to 11 S? I sure Hope Not!! please consider keeping the discount for people who already have it at least thanks! 

• Like 2

I assume we will all hunt more for trechures, since we get those wood... things.... that go towards upkeep.

On a sidenote: We got a new CEO at GCG, coming from the financial sector. I expect us to see more ways for us to spend real cash.

• Like 2
  • Cat 2

1 hour ago, Madnath said:

So no more trader deed discount?

Defo want clarification on this as its the reason a lot of ppl have large deeds. the 20% is a significant discount to lose. Maybe have a golden token instead or something like that?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hulkmccracken said:

Maybe have a golden token instead or something like that?

That is a cool idea! Purchase option to choose token type, can choose between gold / silver / slate / marble / etc / etc, cost is 35s and gives you 20% discount on upkeep!

• Like 1

loosing the old trader way was a pain. but i saw it coming a year in advance and sold all my trader deeds before the change.

now i have 2 deeds with huge upkeep I bought the traders to help offset the cost.  . my main deed saves 4.3s a month  thats 51.6silver a year. still paying 2 gold a year in upkeep. loosing the trader that cost me 35s "yes that will come back as refund if removed" but  I'm 4 months in and will break even in savings from the trader in 4 more months. then start saving silver.  if they remove the traders this year. I would have basically wasted my time and not save anything.  and result in costing me 51 silver more a year on my main deed.

2nd deed I save 2.8s not as much    but 33s more. and it's  a memorial deed for a fallen friend to wurm.  I spend 7.5s a month upkeep for it and don't mine as i was saving 2.8s  a month. again loosing the trader 20% discount  is feeling like  a slap in the face.

13 years of loving this game and spending a lot on it.  it was very nice learning about the trader 20% discount. but now it looks like i wont even save money before the cost of the trader is paid off.  I like the shop adding the items as many others dont have access to a trader, so it does make it easier for them. but no need to remove traders all together. leave them as is.   

I'd really like the dev team to discuses this asap and get back to us. as I'm sure some of us are going to need to think about resizing our deeds and maybe  disbanding some.      

checked the shop. 300$ canadain a year on upkeep  now would cost me 75$ more if i loose the trader . thats 7 fastfood meals. don't mess with my fastfood.... lol

Edited by validate
  • Like 8

I love everything but the trader would hurt many of us. I pay for my deed upkeep once a year cuz I don't have the money during the year to do so. so I have to save for the Black Friday event. This means my deed is up in Nov. at 25s with the trader but if you took it away. it is 30 to 35s a month. my deed would be down a few months beforehand. and it would hurt me before my lunalong. so I think an idea that might help be instead of giving us the coin back. if it's being used why don't you make it so people can buy it as a special. like the marks for caring animals. make it a silver buy for new deeds but for the old ones have it already for having it. it be something the deed owner can pay for and if it is bought it be applied to the deed. this way people that don't get on often won't get hurt by this. and yes I know you plan on giving lots of warnings up to this but say you plan on doing this in Sept. I will still be hurt by it cuz I will be too busy to get it and don't have to coin for it without dipping into my lunalong funds. I'm sure you guys are still thinking about it and this might be one idea but I hope something like this comes through before you guys make the deciding choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DemonaNightshade said:

And last, but not least... Say hello to the new Silver Shop!

hhgf.gif

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Drogos said:

I do not really see the reason why a trader is needed for getting discount? Could it not just be 20% cheaper for everyone? Or, 20% cheaper for any deed over x amount of upkeep per month? Or just transfer this from having a trader, to just a "bribe local authority with 35s to permanently get a 20% discount", or something. That is just a few initial ideas, lots of options for replacing the trader! It should not really be bound to trader in the first place imo.

i like that idea remove the traders but all those with traders planted should get the 20% discount permanently. but also the marks or silver shop should have that 35s option to buy a 20% discount for their deeds.  loose it if disband. but allow all mayors to buy the discount. for all of us who have larger deeds. or play long term.  this would work to get rid of the traders.  as they said they will refund the 35s to all trader owners.  let us buy in the shop a 35s 20% discount.

• Like 5

There is a bit of dishonesty in this post that makes me sad. Wurm is full of extremely loyal players who have invested a ton of time and energy into the game, and who are not at all unintelligent. Putting the loss of the traders at the end of a post about some genuinely cool changes, and presenting it in a vague and "oh by the way" kind of way is insulting and a little bit cowardly. It does not achieve anything other than damaging trust some, and causing stress and more questions. Please treat the players who have been around the longest like the brilliant obsessed imping contributing fantastic weirdos they are, and come up with something that saves their deed discounts. And please talk to us with clear, straight communication that honors both the staff and players. It is too bad this went this way because this is a very cool post about some neat changes. Perhaps the trader situation is still being pondered, and that is cool, but I would have liked to have seen a more direct and detailed communication about it. This community can be trusted, in a general sense. Wurm is full of amazing folks. Be straight with us. 

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, validate said:

let us buy in the shop a 35s 20% discount.

+1

i never liked the traders from when i started playing, and everytime they were tweaked somehow, they still were going to be a problem in game with their mechanics.
In the past, deed upkeep was way higher, now it's cheaper, there's a discount AND there are treasure maps to make so you can cover some of your upkeep with tokens, so i cannot really see a reason to keep the traders bonus except for those very, VERY big deeds that will also stay up for years after a player is gone, wich seems to feel like the upkeep is truly not a problem for those players that have 200x200 tiles deeds.

On the other side, there's a mechanic that will directly hit the players finances in game, about things they planned and built long ago, so i wonder if there will be a way for players to lower down their upkeep costs with other means.

I think deeds (and the game as a whole now) lacks a bit of community things: there are no buildings or crafts for the players to make as a village that will help the whole village, maybe requiring some nice community work like mission buildings, and atm even a colossus sometimes does not exactly look as a big feat...so i'd say: what about a statue or other hard to make building/feature, that will lower down the deed upkeep, up to a certain value, for example? 

• Like 3

Losing the trader discount in upkeep might be an issue for those players on extended break, expecting a certain time period that the game promised.

An email warning might be helpful along with other pre-warnings as mentioned already.

Edited by Karrde
  • Like 11

First off, I don't have a trader.

Don't grandfather in trader deed discounts. It will harm future customer's impressions. Wurm, if you don't care about the 10% thing, why not add a new item players can buy to get the 10% discount? And have it cost whatever traders will be refunded for.

I want to repeat,  Any form of buff (upkeep discounts, shop discounts, discounts of rando-stuff) for older customers that is made untenable for future customers is a horrible idea. It will hurt Morral and the impression the new customers have of Wurm.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 3

Like others have said,  it felt "sneaky" to add it to the end of a post about other things - I'm not saying that it was meant to be, just that's the way it feels.

The removal of the discount on the deed upkeep will hurt many players, including those who have used the trader as a way to take an extended break at a reduced cost.  I feel sorry for those if it's implemented and they come back to find that their upkeep ran out while they were away.  Yes, you send out upkeep warnings but these don't always arrive as email is not always reliable for many reasons.

The main people though are those who have large deeds, either because they take in noobs and ""train" them before letting them loose in the world or because they want the space to make Wurm "beautiful".  An increase in deed costs would mean that, assuming the increase isn't just accepted, those deeds would be reduced or even that people would leave the game as they feel betrayed.

There are several good suggestions in the posts above and I'd urge the devs and management to look at them.  But most of all, please give people plenty of notice and a clear update about the plans to allow those affected to plan for the future.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Darklords said:

Nothing really changes, with how marks got designed originally you can get as many as you wanted when ever you wanted which led to many complaints that they just had to keep buying years of premium to get what they wanted.

[18:14:10] You have premium time until 26 Jul 2040 23:42:34 GMT this was done to get points to buy affinities which i have way over 100 id rather just bought the affinity.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joedobo said:

I want to repeat,  Any form of buff (upkeep discounts, shop discounts, discounts of rando-stuff) for older customers that is made untenable for future customers is a horrible idea. It will hurt Morral and the impression the new customers have of Wurm.

This is a good point. I think the ideas @Drogos came up with are good ones. 

• Like 1