Sign in to follow this  
Lycanthropic

Holy Sites MIA?

Wurmnode says the last one died on Xan at the beginning of this month. (not sure how Wurmnode tracks this, so dont know how accurate it is)

No reports from other holy sites appearing since, and my priests that are praying are getting no orbs whatsoever (not that I received any when Holy Sites were introduced).

Are they on a global cooldwon for some irl months?

Are we just getting allot of bad RNG on receiving orbs to locate them?

Can any gm/dev confirm there are still Holy sites around that arent discovered yet?

• Like 4

Havent seen or heard of one appearing since the initial first bunch when they said that they had increased the rate at which they were spawning and said they would lower it afterwards

I guess with lower it they meant make the feature not present at all anymore due to some insanely high requirement needed that makes them rarer then rite's or something

• Cat 1

Summer is comming guys, perhaps in a few months

tracking is a bit hit and miss with the webhooks, event could start right after maintenance, and we could get another restart right after(unlikely), but restarts wipe the webhooks, it's all a matter of timing with these events and sync times to catch the events and store them locally as "history" as next server restart will wipe webhooks official log of events

afaik the events happen randomly, aren't meant to be too common as it was noted and we don't need the vision orbs to locate them, you could just find one all the same if you explore the map and hunt or do treasure maps

I was thinking they were MIA, and then got a divine vision at the start of May - 

Site stayed open for about 13 days. The initial Fo site on Xanadu was located by visiting the local steppe and looking.

Edited by Wulfmaer

If you mention the missing holy sites three times in a row you become visited by an angry spirit informing you that "the spawn rate was turned up for the first month".

But yes, they are so rare now it almost certainly must be a bug. It might be intentional? But it's a very strange tactics for getting people interested in a feature that already had a very low level of engagement. We got to keep the increased lag that was conjured in the same update that introduced them though!

7 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

Wurmnode says the last one died on Xan at the beginning of this month. (not sure how Wurmnode tracks this, so dont know how accurate it is)

Experimentally 😛 Please let me know if it is erronymous!

I haven't heard of any new ones on Cadence since the release period. 

If they are intentionally this rare that's hilarious given how lackluster they are. Perhaps something has gone wrong though preventing them for occurring or being discovered 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Brozhen said:

If they are intentionally this rare that's hilarious given how lackluster they are. Perhaps something has gone wrong though preventing them for occurring or being discovered 

Game design logic:

1. Add new content.

2. Make content so rare players can't find said content.

3. No profit???

• Like 4

This is being looked into, to see whether there's an issue with spawn rates, hinting, etc.

• Like 7

On 5/28/2023 at 12:35 PM, Pandalet said:

This is being looked into, to see whether there's an issue with spawn rates, hinting, etc.

I see that 2 have been activated recently (1 on xan and 1 on release).

Was something found to be wrong with spawn rates and hint-orbs dropping?

We are currently doing Sermons at a Holy Site in Xanadu. Message Pixels or Aniceset for information and a summon.