Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

Display rift timer on /rift

What happens now:

1. While the rift is ongoing the /rift command will show the current score of the participants
  2. After the rift has been shut the /rift command will show the final score of the participants

What i would suggest:

• Keep the same functions (1 and 2 above) to the /rift command
  • After the rift has been shut the /rift command should display the time until the next rift beam is arriving + the time until the rift opens
  • After the rift beam has been placed the /rift command should display the time until the rift opens
  • Like 2

We live in the Middle Ages in Wurm. We don't have a smartphone with timers here.

I suggest making an hourglass in the game. Difficulty of manufacturing like a compass. To start the timer, you must have an hourglass in your inventory. 10 timers - 10 hourglasses.

Progress completely corrupted the peasants, they will want a smartphone with GPS soon.

We also dont live in the middle ages as actual 2023-humans and shouldnt have the need for third party tools to more easily plan our journeys.

Any feature ingame that will give the time is ok for me, so if you have a better and/or easier way of implementing it, i might see myself agreeing with that. :) 

Seriously speaking, the timer can be customized. If you need specific timer just add one.

It is not necessary to fill the developers' heads with what the player can easily do for himself. Maybe then they'll have time to do something worthwhile.

Seriously speaking.

Im pretty confident that the developers can decide if they like a suggestion or not, or if they feel it would be worth their time.

Feel free to add your constructive thoughts on how to improve my suggestion. :) 

• Like 1

Stick it on the server timers list: one timer to indicate when the rift will open and the event starts.  If you don't want to see it, right-click it and hide it.

I know that seeing the meditation timer ticking down has helped remind and encourage me to go do my meditation attempts.  Perhaps in a similar manner, seeing the rifts in the timers might encourage more people to attend the events.

• Like 2