Sign in to follow this  
Soluna

Chicken Coop

Hello!

Please consider updating the Chicken Coop to allow using nuts in the feeder box. Nuts can be used to feed chickens by hand and in pet bowls, and it would be wonderful to have this option available for the coop as well.

Thanks for reading and have an awesome day!

• Like 1

I don't see much point in updating it to include more food types unless it is completely overhauled so that it is worth using at all.  Currently, I see its only value as decorative

• Like 2

On 5/21/2023 at 12:22 AM, TheTrickster said:

I don't see much point in updating it to include more food types unless it is completely overhauled so that it is worth using at all.  Currently, I see its only value as decorative

Dont use them much myself. What shortcomings besides the limited feed?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Karrde said:

Dont use them much myself. What shortcomings besides the limited feed?

If the chickens in the coop run out of food the chickens fall out and wander off.  I don't use coops either since I kept overlooking to drag seeds and water in all the time.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fairyshine said:

If they run out of food they fall out and wander off.  I don't use them either since I kept overlooking to drag seeds and water in all the time.

Do recall the seed would decay inside?

Yes the seed decays inside and the chicken's drop out when they hatch. Also they need water with the coops and the eggs ql is limited to the coop ql while free range chickens produce 99ql all the time. And if you remove the chickens the dreaded "Catchup decay" tends to be fatal for chickens that have been in the coop for some time. At least that has been my experience.

• Like 1