Sign in to follow this  
amorfides

strongwall vs erupt/freeze path of power

Hi o/

Strongwall can create a new rock tile where there was a cave.

Does erupt and freeze have the same ability or is this limited over a cave tile?

I'm planning a big tunneling project in the (far) future and expect to run into old abandoned tunnels that would need to be caved in, looking out to see what the options are in terms of building a character for that use. :) (shaker orbs would be too expensive).

Thank you for quenching my curiosity :)

you would want to use strongwall.
erupt and freeze as far as I remember have cooldowns of a day, is not as immediately giving results and the results are hard to predict (might not work as you need it) also there is the added danger of creating lava tiles that might spread by themselves and then you end up running after them trying to freeze them before they run out of hand :x

meanwhile strongwall can more or less be spammed as long as resources are plenty. downside is that the character gets limited cause of priesthood.

• Like 2

Thank you for the aid! In that case it's worth it to make an extra character to follow magranon :)

In my experience Erupt will not work above cave tiles.

The cast is allowed, the timer runs down, but then nothing happens.

True, you cannot erupt over a hollow underground, and get an according error message ("Nothing happens") which does not use up the erupt for the 18hrs period. Even when lava on the surface extends to a neighbouring tile where a cave is beneath, no lava wall is created there iirc.

Edited by Ekcin

Thank you for explaining! :) So the meditating isn't an option at all :)