Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

Anyone know how to get to the top of this mountain?

I'm asking in my alliance, as we tend to live close to the place

Just now, Ayuna said:

I'm asking in my alliance, as we tend to live close to the place

Groovy, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

Drink liquor and walk right up the side.

Doesn't sound true.

Sipping liquor will restore a few points of stamina. Get a jar of liquor and a measuring jug set to the minimum amount. Bind "drink" to something easy and you can walk right up whilst sipping. Just watch out for mobs as they will prevent drinking.

• Like 1

Technically any alcohol will restore stamina. Liquor will restore more. You're the beverage master, you define it. I just drink it ;) Whiskey is my preferred drink, I've used unstilled moonshine, cider, gin, etc.

Ironically enough, the liquor you find in many treasure chests works great.

I was going to suggest the same as Aeryck did.... @DaletheGoodtaught me this, and I've passed this forward to everyone I know:

w0vN9AG.jpg

TKT7aIR.jpg

• Like 1

There used to be a trail and tunnel system from the north to get up there.  

Shydow had issues with finding it I think earlier this year, so it has probably all fallen apart.

I know someone slowly worked their way up the E side, making tunnels as they went.  That was over a year ago now.  Looking at the map you can see the tunnels.  Basically alcohol to work your way up, and resting in the tunnels as you go.  

There was also a better built tunnel to the south.  Somewhere near here:  https://xanadu.yaga.host/#4051,3452  BUT, and a big but, I am not sure exactly where it is.  You will likely have to hit up and do a lot of exploring on all those tunnels along the tundra and desert areas to find the right one, and even then hope that it hasn't become impassable.

If you do find it, might I suggest making and posting a map &/or even better putting some signs up around it.

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend getting some alcohol, any will do, and use the method described above. Depending on your body strength and stamina you should be able to hit climb, autorun, and just sip sip sip as you walk straight up the mountain. Definitely bind 'Drink' to something easy like the space bar, which I swap out for whatever repetitive task I'm doing at the time. It's gotta be easier and faster than running around the entire base of the mountain and trying every little tunnel to see if it leads up to the top.

So I used the wine trick. Took hours. But I got there eventually. The dead deed up there has bulk containers inexplicably full of thousands of fish. So there must have been a wagon route up at some point.

I managed to uncover a large cave, but after a bit of mining obvious tiles I couldn't find the route out. Presumably it collapsed at some point.

The deed was called "Just The Tip", which almost made it worth the climb. 😃

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

On 5/19/2023 at 7:51 PM, Ajala said:

So I used the wine trick. Took hours. But I got there eventually. The dead deed up there has bulk containers inexplicably full of thousands of fish. So there must have been a wagon route up at some point.

I managed to uncover a large cave, but after a bit of mining obvious tiles I couldn't find the route out. Presumably it collapsed at some point.

The deed was called "Just The Tip", which almost made it worth the climb. 😃

LOL. this is why i love Wurm like no other 

Edited by Ayuna

You did get the token for it, right?

5 minutes ago, Spacy said:

You did get the token for it, right?

Nope. There's no water source up there that I could find and it was getting tedious waiting for stamina to regen so I stopped and magicked home. 

• Cat 1

Sometimes, all you need in Wurm is a barrel of wine, a handful of sandwiches and a nice evening stroll along the ridges.

If anyone's interested, I made it to the top of the mountain at J17 yesterday and discovered there's a still active deed up there.

I think it was called Darq Falls. 

There's a hidden rock tunnel door there, but it's locked and on-deed so I was unable to see if it leads all the way to the  base of the mountain. 

It looks like the deed is unfinished and abandoned, so presumably it will fall at some point and we'll be able to get up there and unlock a route down.

On 07/06/2023 at 23:33, Ajala said:

If anyone's interested, I made it to the top of the mountain at J17 yesterday and discovered there's a still active deed up there.

I think it was called Darq Falls. 

There's a hidden rock tunnel door there, but it's locked and on-deed so I was unable to see if it leads all the way to the  base of the mountain. 

It looks like the deed is unfinished and abandoned, so presumably it will fall at some point and we'll be able to get up there and unlock a route down.

Iirc that deed is owned by Wurmhole or one of the alts.
There should be another tunnel running from Darq Canal to that deed; but the gates to that one may be locked as well.

Thorin :)