Sign in to follow this  
KalinMenajin

Ballista bugged?

I need help or clarifications I guess because this seems to be bugged.

Made a ballista. Made bolts. Imped ballista to q50+

...and tried to shoot it >.<

-I set a practice target and a pig in front of a wall at 5 tiles away-

Bolt after bolt after bolt Everything fails! The darts shatter, hit nothing -not the pig not the target not the wall- and on top of it seems useless to do anything with it!!!

If you carry that much weight, do so many slow actions, so restricted by tile distance measurement and angle management, you are basically a fool that moves weights around.

What's the point? To hit what? IF something remains on the tile you are aiming at by the time you're done, and IF it worked properly.

You see, the winch actions are also bugged. They don't work as described in wiki (1 winch-1 tile, 5 winch-5 tiles, etc)

(example of bad winching)

[03:53:00] You load the ballista with a ballista dart.
[03:53:16] The ballista creaks as you put strain on the ropes.  (1 winch action)
[03:53:17] The ballista will now shoot approximately 1 tiles with 1 winches and an angle of around 45.0 degrees.
[03:53:26] The ballista creaks as you put strain on the ropes. (5 winch action)
[03:53:30] The ballista will now shoot approximately 1 tiles with 6 winches and an angle of around 45.0 degrees.
[03:53:39] The ballista creaks as you put strain on the ropes. (10 winch action)
[03:53:48] The ballista will now shoot approximately 7 tiles with 16 winches and an angle of around 45.0 degrees.
[03:54:08] You target a venerable pig. (I thought I might as well have a target too)
[03:54:18] The ballista dart shatters. (ofc)

Nothing was EVER hit and No dart recovered. All shattered and no dmg was done to anything, even after many tries with correct tile winches and varying angles tested.

Either it is bugged or we need better explanation of use in wiki please.

Anyone who has mastered this can share info.

Edited by KalinMenajin

Further tries at 10 tiles...

[04:19:36] The ballista will now shoot approximately 3 tiles with 10 winches and an angle of around 45.0 degrees. (-winch a 10w action)

[04:19:54] The ballista will now shoot approximately 11 tiles with 20 winches and an angle of around 45.0 degrees. (-winch another 10w action)

The math is bad :P

Edit: Also, the time it takes to give you the result of the shot is almost as if I ran to the target myself lol. Darts fly like -WEEEE! Beautiful weather todayyyy! Oh look! a cloud that looks like a giraffe!

I understand taking this time to load and fire a trebuchet, maybe even a catapult, but a ballista??? And darts slow enough to dodge them?

This is bugged, slow, heavy to carry, without any accuracy, too complicated to measure (tile distance and height angle) -even if it worked properly

On top of everything you need to have empty tile you stand on, NOT on a building top, and 1 tile around all sides empty of other objects..!!!

If we consider that all war machines are limited by the 1st obstacle they meet, 

(a low wall is in the path before the building you aim for example)

I think they should be fixed to hit straight away and hit the 1st thing they meet, no tile measurement. Up to 30 tiles.

Winches should refer to angle of elevation and have 1 winch action animation on the loading dart only.

Edited by KalinMenajin