Sign in to follow this  
azuleslight

UPDATE: troll king slaying

Sorry it did not work out, I hope everything is ok. And it is not the end of the world. Stuff happens. Good luck with future events.

• Like 2

NOTICE: update to slaying new date and time listed Sunday the  14th 2pm central time.

Edited by azuleslight
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, BattleWall said:

But you were invited to an event where you didn’t have to be invited. Show some respect to those that host these events or you might start seeing them go back to private slays and never getting the opportunity to get bloods and hide again. 

That's my favorite post in this topic today. OMG - no more bloods and hide. 😱😱😱

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, azuleslight said:

NOTICE: update to slaying new date and time listed Sunday the  14th 2pm central time.

Aw sweet I didn't notice the update, thanks for the heads up! Hope everything is ok for the event coordinators irl. Shame there is so much negativity towards them in the thread here. 

I'll try to be there Sunday!

48 minutes ago, BattleWall said:

This is exactly why I feel that private slays with friends are more enjoyable content than doing public slays where people trash talk individuals involved.

While I understand everyone’s frustrations for the event time being changed and it inevitably being canceled without notice. 

But you were invited to an event where you didn’t have to be invited. Show some respect to those that host these events or you might start seeing them go back to private slays and never getting the opportunity to get bloods and hide again. 

Well said, thank you 

• Like 1

No one is upset that people had an expectation. The part that is upsetting is the belief that expectation creates entitlement. When I go to my favorite restaurant I expect to be able to order my favorite dish. If they happen to be out of it that day I did not have a right to get it. I simply had an expectation. People seem to be confusing the words expectation with entitlement and when it is pointed out that there was no entitlement they are huffing they are insulted. Something happened, we don't know what. No one "Missed out" because no one had a right to anything. Nothing was "taken away" because no one had anything in the first place. Move on. Order something else off the menu and NO! You can't talk to the manager.

• Like 3

That's perfectly fine with me if they go back to private slayings exclusively. Never asked for it to be public. Just don't like being insulted by random people for no good reason. And why should I show them respect when they showed me none?

• Like 1

So....I am getting ready to preach at my time (10:46 a.m my time) and I lose connection. Tried to reset my modum 2x nothing and noticed my tv was froze as well. So I called my local cable company and they were doing fiber-optic work in my area. They were supposed to have the issue resolved by 12:15 p.m so I figured ok, I will be 15 minutes late but still get it done. Long story short my internet came back on about 4:45 p.m. I had no WIFI nothing so could not let anyone know in Discord what was going on. I do apologise to everyone and I am truly sorry but it wasn't my fault and there was nothing I could do about it. The slaying has been rescheduled for Sunday at noon. Thank you Dru, Heddwyn and Wicker for taking ###### for me. They know me and know I would do stuff like this on purpose. I ain't gonna sit and talk ###### on here about the way people act, so be it. It is what it is. Sorry once again and if I see you Sunday cool.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Silus said:

No one is upset that people had an expectation. The part that is upsetting is the belief that expectation creates entitlement. When I go to my favorite restaurant I expect to be able to order my favorite dish. If they happen to be out of it that day I did not have a right to get it. I simply had an expectation. People seem to be confusing the words expectation with entitlement and when it is pointed out that there was no entitlement they are huffing they are insulted. Something happened, we don't know what. No one "Missed out" because no one had a right to anything. Nothing was "taken away" because no one had anything in the first place. Move on. Order something else off the menu and NO! You can't talk to the manager.

Worded so well, thank you!

• Like 1

Just putting it out there one last time. Never cared about the event being cancelled. I cared that everyone was being very rude and insulting to people who hadn't even done anything or said anything.

22 minutes ago, Kardlef said:

So....I am getting ready to preach at my time (10:46 a.m my time) and I lose connection. Tried to reset my modum 2x nothing and noticed my tv was froze as well. So I called my local cable company and they were doing fiber-optic work in my area. They were supposed to have the issue resolved by 12:15 p.m so I figured ok, I will be 15 minutes late but still get it done. Long story short my internet came back on about 4:45 p.m. I had no WIFI nothing so could not let anyone know in Discord what was going on. I do apologise to everyone and I am truly sorry but it wasn't my fault and there was nothing I could do about it. The slaying has been rescheduled for Sunday at noon. Thank you Dru, Heddwyn and Wicker for taking ###### for me. They know me and know I would do stuff like this on purpose. I ain't gonna sit and talk ###### on here about the way people act, so be it. It is what it is. Sorry once again and if I see you Sunday cool.

So glad you and the family are okay, got worried, I knew nothing could keep you away! Thank you for coming back and following up!!

6 minutes ago, EddieGrey said:

Just putting it out there one last time. Never cared about the event being cancelled. I cared that everyone was being very rude and insulting to people who hadn't even done anything or said anything.

I am sorry you feel that way, but nothing was done to those that didn't do anything, or say anything. Feel free to skip the rescheduled event, actually, its probably best if you do ( now that is insulting).

On 10/05/2023 at 19:57, azuleslight said:

2pm central time Sunday the 14th

just for my claification 

is central time CT or CST? sorry i am not very familiar with that time zone.

can we have a UTC time pls :D ? or a countdown ^^ ?

glad that only your internet was out and nothing bad happens to you / your family or other relatives or friends 

some of us were worried

thanks again for rehosting

edit:D

got it myself 2 PM CT = 7 PM UTC (or 19:00 UTC)

Edited by Optales
edit
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Optales said:

just for my claification 

is central time CT or CST? sorry i am not very familiar with that time zone.

can we have a UTC time pls :D ? or a countdown ^^ ?

glad that only your internet was out and nothing bad happens to you / your family or other relatives or friends 

some of us were worried

thanks again for rehosting

edit:D

got it myself 2 PM CT = 7 PM UTC (or 19:00 UTC)

I will get clarification and post it here! Really not sure, I don’t usually go

to events!

like i said :D i figured it out ... the allmighty tabanacle oracle (aka google)

its 7pm UTC (universal world time)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Optales said:

like i said :D i figured it out ... the allmighty tabanacle oracle (aka google)

its 7pm UTC (universal world time)

Whew, glad its all sorted, I see the timer has been updated, once again, I am sorry you all had to go through that, but thankfully Kardlef and family are okay!!! Dang real life issues!!!

6 hours ago, Silus said:

Is a small difference between go somewhere where u werent invited (restaurant) and were u inviteded, like public event - here impalong or slaying ("Come one and all to the slaying!"). If you invite somebody, you have some kind of resposibility. Slaying always may end unexpectedly. Your pet may escape. Somebody may kill your pet. Server may get crash, you may not be able to be online on time. If you know that, u may prepare for that. But still all may go to wrong way.

In this case 2 things were wrong imo. First - communication. Second - change time for same as second slaying.

I believe hosts (and other future hosts, and myself) will learn something after all and their next slaying will go better. :) We will meet at sunday.

Edited by Xagru

6 hours ago, Kardlef said:

I am glad it was nothing more serious, some of us were worried as it was so out of character for you.

As Xagru says, there’s a lesson for us all there, maybe give someone we trust the rights to open up the mine at the appointed time ( or within, say, 10 minutes, of the scheduled time).   That’s no reflection on you though Kardlef, and not something I would have thought about if I’d been lucky enough to capture a unique I must admit.

• Like 1

Glad you are ok hun, and good luck with the rescheduled event! I will see if I can make it this time 😉

To those who have issue with my earlier posts, I am sorry if you felt offended and yes I possibly could have worded it better - but with phrases like “stop wasting everyone’s time” put my hackles up - I am rather protective of my friends and don’t react well to anything I perceive as an attack on them.

Also my final statement in my original response wasn’t directly aimed at the two quoted, but more of a general observation on the whole public vs private debate… 

So in closing, Kard, you are welcome - if something out of character like this happens I will always have your back. 

Everyone else, sorry if my protectiveness offended you but I stand by my comments about private versus public and that people need to have a bit more compassion for other who’s RL circumstances are unknown and remember that Wurm (or any game) isn’t always the top priority.

• Like 4

I was not around at the time anyway but appreciate the effort from Kardlef and all involved to bring this slaying to the wider community.

The Troll King got lucky today but I'm sure we will get them on Sunday.

Edited by HawkHawk
  • Like 1

Wow...just stopped here because I noticed all the notifications. What a crazy thread lol 

I just want to say that I built the site there. My own time and materials and effort just to help out and when the host didn't show my only concern was for the well being of people who were missing. I wasn't concerned for my own personal gain. I didn't complain "because my time or effort was wasted". You CHOOSE to attend or not attend and roll the dice never knowing if things might go sideways. Reading through these comments was kinda of mind blowing. 

I understand that the disagreement is over and whatever but holy Jesus. If people are so desperate for bloods they should go hunt these suckers down themselves lol how silly to be making demands about how anything is done or run if you arent participating or making the effort to provide the oppertunity for people as well and having these expectations that they make it easier or better for you just because you feel it is owed to you because an invitation was extended to you and you accepted. How selfish imo. 

I'm glad you are safe and well Kardlef. Don't let the negativity dissuade you from going out there and putting in the effort to provide these opportunities for people. Your are golden. Glad you got your internet back :)

• Like 4

Glad that now is all spoken out,

Lessions learnd. 

No all go back have fun wurming...

we are a small but activ comunity we should stick together :)

Wurming makes more fun together :)

I have spoken!

Ugnaught-FE.png

Edited by Optales
  • Like 1

I consider it fortunate that the Troll King slaying was rescheduled. However, I wanted to explain why I had to abruptly leave everything behind and log the way I did.

My mother needed urgent medical attention due to a potential blood clot. she began chemotherapy treatment on Monday. It has been a challenging time for my family this was the first complication.

In an unexpected twist, your internet going down turned out to be a blessing for me. It allowed me to be fully available for my mother and support her during this difficult period. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be by her side and provide the care she needs.

Despite the hardships, I am still looking forward to attending the Troll King slaying event tomorrow. It serves as a welcome distraction and brings some much-needed excitement and enjoyment. I feel fortunate that it was rescheduled, giving me the chance to participate.

To the jerks that are complaining just stop, you never know why people go offline for a game anything could have happened and in my case it did. For those who wonder my mother is okay she has some really inflamed blood veins, but no clot.

Faithfully, Eridil aka Trison  

Edited by Eridil
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Eridil said:

I consider it fortunate that the Troll King slaying was rescheduled. However, I wanted to explain why I had to abruptly leave everything behind and log the way I did.

My mother needed urgent medical attention due to a potential blood clot. she began chemotherapy treatment on Monday. It has been a challenging time for my family this was the first complication.

In an unexpected twist, your internet going down turned out to be a blessing for me. It allowed me to be fully available for my mother and support her during this difficult period. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be by her side and provide the care she needs.

Despite the hardships, I am still looking forward to attending the Troll King slaying event tomorrow. It serves as a welcome distraction and brings some much-needed excitement and enjoyment. I feel fortunate that it was rescheduled, giving me the chance to participate.

To the jerks that are complaining just stop, you never know why people go offline for a game anything could have happened and in my case it did. For those who wonder my mother is okay she has some really inflamed blood veins, but no clot.

glad your mom is ok

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eridil said:

Firstly I am glad that your mum is doing ok, and I am sorry your family have to go through this! I can't imagine how scary that must have been.

Secondly, thank you for sharing your story - it proves exactly what I was trying to get across yesterday, I am certain that explaining your sudden departure was the furthest from your mind until you had made sure you were doing everything you could for your mum. Its sad how easily people forget that there are real people, with real lives behind the characters we play in these games - and that people become so disconnected from that fact that they feel it is acceptable to put their game experience before any thought of anyone else.

• Like 1