Sign in to follow this  
azuleslight

UPDATE: troll king slaying

I'm not at the slaying(s) but thanks for making it public. 

I would say however that reading some of the comments people then wonder why there are private slayings.

8 minutes ago, Moteandbailey said:

I'm not at the slaying(s) but thanks for making it public. 

I would say however that reading some of the comments people then wonder why there are private slayings.

Feel free to make your way here. Not only it was postponed to overlap another slaying it is also hasn't started yet, despite timer suggesting otherwise. At this point, if there was any communication, people could've made their way here from Melody.

So much for "time is set".

Edited by Griselda

I'm heading back to Harmony. I hope the host will show up soon and stop wasting everyone's time, or at the very least write a comment on here explaining why they're late.

Edited by Kinganon

27 minutes ago, Kinganon said:

I'm heading back to Harmony. I hope the host will show up soon and stop wasting everyone's time, or at the very least write a comment on here explaining why they're late.

42 minutes ago, Griselda said:

Feel free to make your way here. Not only it was postponed to overlap another slaying it is also hasn't started yet, despite timer suggesting otherwise. At this point, if there was any communication, people could've made their way here from Melody.

So much for "time is set".

How about you show a little compassion and remember this is a GAME and people have real lives where stuff happens that can't always be dropped just to let people in a GAME know that you can't get on to kill a pixel troll! 

For gods sake, for all you know he could have been taken ill, or a member of his family... he may have had an urgent call, or a power cut or literally anything.

Honestly - I can really see why people opt for private killings when some act so damn entitled... 

Edited by HeddWyn
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, HeddWyn said:

How about you show a little compassion and remember this is a GAME and people have real lives where stuff happens that can't always be dropped just to let people in a GAME know that you can't get on to kill a pixel troll! 

For gods sake, for all you know he could have been taken ill, or a member of his family... he may have had an urgent call, or a power cut or literally anything.

It doesn't take much effort to log into the forum and cancel the event until further notice. Would potentially save hundreds of hours of people waiting around for an event that was scheduled and then re-scheduled shortly before it was meant to start.

16 minutes ago, Kinganon said:

It doesn't take much effort to log into the forum and cancel the event until further notice. Would potentially save hundreds of hours of people waiting around for an event that was scheduled and then re-scheduled shortly before it was meant to start.

Ok, so you are telling me that you or a member of your family is having some kind of emergancy (for example a health emergancy) or a power cut........ that the first thing you think of is "oh god I must get on to tell people I have to postpone the event".... I don't think so!

If he has no power he has no way of getting a message - not everyone has cell signal strong enough to get internet....

I have known him since he started playing, he isn't one to let people down without good reason, so I say again, try some compassion and keep in mind its a GAME and therefore in the scheme of things, not a big deal 

Edited by HeddWyn
  • Like 2

I agree with Heddwyn, I too have know Kardlef since he started playing. This is not like him, he would not miss this slaying! If he were able to, he would have at least reached out on discord to someone prior to the event. I only hope that he and his family are ok. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, HeddWyn said:

Honestly - I can really see why people opt for private killings when some act so damn entitled... 

1) People were baited into arriving early at this slaying because timer said it was supposed to happen before Melody's.

2) People were then notified, that this slaying is in fact going to happen at the same time as Melody's, and "the time is set". 

3) People who arrived early and decided not to leave for arguably more valuable forest giant doubled down and instead received no blood at all.

Some communication along the way would've prevented this.

Basically: Perfect World = 2 Bloods. Ok World = 1 blood of your choice. Our World = 0 bloods.

On a personal note these were last few hours of my premium time before taking a break from wurm. As someone who pays for premium exclusively with silver I was excited to squeeze out last few benefits with these slayings.

Last but not least I fail to see how this counts as being entitled. If so, yes, I and other people are entitled to communication and better organization. 

Personally, however, I feel like that word is just a mean way of quickly gaining moral highground by appealing to courtesy, thus destroying your opponent's point and making him look immoral and bad.

Truth however is that I didn't do anything wrong. All I did is wasted my time today and grumbled about it. Time to move on.

Edited by Griselda
  • Like 3

If there was an emergency, ther is nothing we can do about that.

does some of us waited hours and hours to slay the troll sure... but thats it ... bad luck for us... that happens, its wurm.

does the Host could have do som precautions like give 1 or 2 others rights too? maybe. when he has forgot that h will not in the future to build in a failsafe

eiterway ... i'm gratefull that the intention of doing it puplic was there

i understand all that are disapointed, but still ... its a game.

find a trollking or what not, lure them into a trap and do with it as you please :)

• Like 3

Still very rude to insult all of us for having an expectation.

I hope you and everyone complaining never experiences a REAL life event that makes the games you play not matter. 

I really don't understand why we are being insulted this much for having an expectation.

26 minutes ago, Optales said:

If there was an emergency, ther is nothing we can do about that.

does some of us waited hours and hours to slay the troll sure... but thats it ... bad luck for us... that happens, its wurm.

does the Host could have do som precautions like give 1 or 2 others rights too? maybe. when he has forgot that h will not in the future to build in a failsafe

eiterway ... i'm gratefull that the intention of doing it puplic was there

i understand all that are disapointed, but still ... its a game.

find a trollking or what not, lure them into a trap and do with it as you please :)

Thank you for that, I am sure he didn’t take precautions because he fully expected to be there, lesson learned. When/if he returns, I am  sure he will make sure he has a back up plan in the future. 

10 minutes ago, EddieGrey said:

I really don't understand why we are being insulted this much for having an expectation.

Insulted this much? I have not insulted anyone, I am just saying that this is not like Kardlef, he, in all the time I have known him, has never done anything like this, he is like clockwork, which leads me to believe that something happened in his life, that prevented him from playing/getting in contact with someone on discord. I get that people are upset that they wasted time, but...life happens. I repeat, I just hope that he and his family are okay.

20 minutes ago, HuhWhat said:

I hope you and everyone complaining never experiences a REAL life event that makes the games you play not matter. 

Seems insulting to me.

4 minutes ago, EddieGrey said:

Seems insulting to me.

I'm not insulting anyone, I sincerely hope that no one, ever has to deal with a life event that makes it so they can not communicate with their game or game friends. Honestly

Just now, HuhWhat said:

I'm not insulting anyone, I sincerely hope that no one, ever has to deal with a life event that makes it so they can not communicate with their game or game friends. Honestly

That is not what that statement sounds like in the slightest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EddieGrey said:

That is not what that statement sounds like in the slightest.

Well then you are taking it wrong, because that is 100% what I said and what I mean, I hope none of you, ever has to go through that.

1 minute ago, HuhWhat said:

Well then you are taking it wrong, because that is 100% what I said and what I mean, I hope none of you, ever has to go through that.

This whole group has soured my taste for public events as a whole. I don't want to go to a community event only to be insulted repeatedly for showing up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EddieGrey said:

This whole group has soured my taste for public events as a whole. I don't want to go to a community event only to be insulted repeatedly for showing up.

To each their own, I wasn't even at the event, haven't been around much lately, but glad they tried to make it public. I'm sorry you feel insulted and wasted time.

3 minutes ago, HuhWhat said:

To each their own, I wasn't even at the event, haven't been around much lately, but glad they tried to make it public. I'm sorry you feel insulted and wasted time.

So you weren't even at the event but you feel the need to insult people on the forum post? That is quite rude.

1 minute ago, EddieGrey said:

So you weren't even at the event but you feel the need to insult people on the forum post? That is quite rude.

I didn't insult anyone, and no I wasn't here, real life kept me away. I am not going to keep going back and forth with you.  I am sorry you lost some time out of your game, I truly am, but not my fault. I do really feel that something bad happened in Kardlefs life, to keep him away. I am not going to respond further.

Generally the person who insulted someone else doesn't get to pick if what they said was an insult or not. That usually goes to the offended party. At no point did I complain about lost time. Simply being insulted repeatedly. 

This is exactly why I feel that private slays with friends are more enjoyable content than doing public slays where people trash talk individuals involved.

While I understand everyone’s frustrations for the event time being changed and it inevitably being canceled without notice. 

But you were invited to an event where you didn’t have to be invited. Show some respect to those that host these events or you might start seeing them go back to private slays and never getting the opportunity to get bloods and hide again. 

• Like 7